Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 03:09 PM #967
addiction82
Ref!!!Paint Check
 
addiction82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Fort Worth
Annual Supporting Member
Bill,

I just bought an Ego 08, i know its a little out dated, but i always believed in the Ego.

i've noticed how loud this gun is, sounds similar to my old old Spyder lol. Is there anything that can be done. i've bought a hush bolt for it, changed the barrel to see if that could help but didn't. Anything else.
I have the dwell at 11.5ms and thats about it.

please let me know thanks.
addiction82 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM #968
RaidenBall
 
 
RaidenBall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 757
boards for sl74

I have an 07 warped sports sl 74 but i need a new board because my lcd screen is messed up, are the boards from the 07 egos and sl74's the same?
__________________
Raiden
teamraiden.com
gravityxp.net
RIP RAIDEN
RaidenBall is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 PM #969
GuessTMF
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
I've an Ego 11 with an "over pressurizing?" issue. One day, I gassed it up and it started leaking out the small pin hole in the grip frame. After much head scratching and dis/reassembling parts several times, I discovered that screwing the velocity adj. screw in & out stopped the leak. I thought that was the end of it until I played again yesterday. Turning up the FPS caused the gun to start leaking again but not violently like before. It was very subtle. Someone suggested the LPR isnt set correctly or the dials in the grips need to be adjusted. They are both set to factory default settings. I played with the LPR & HPR at the chrono without success. It only leaks at a certain point in turning the velocity screw. There's about a full turn where it will leak but before or after those points, it doesn't leak at all. Where should I start?
GuessTMF is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 AM #970
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by addiction82 View Post
Bill,

I just bought an Ego 08, i know its a little out dated, but i always believed in the Ego.

i've noticed how loud this gun is, sounds similar to my old old Spyder lol. Is there anything that can be done. i've bought a hush bolt for it, changed the barrel to see if that could help but didn't. Anything else.
I have the dwell at 11.5ms and thats about it.

please let me know thanks.
Put the dwell at 14 and the LPR 1 turn in from flush.
other then that a barrel with alot of porting is the only other factor in quieting it down.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM #971
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBall View Post
I have an 07 warped sports sl 74 but i need a new board because my lcd screen is messed up, are the boards from the 07 egos and sl74's the same?
The do interchange. If you want the factory board it is an SL board.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 AM #972
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessTMF View Post
I've an Ego 11 with an "over pressurizing?" issue. One day, I gassed it up and it started leaking out the small pin hole in the grip frame. After much head scratching and dis/reassembling parts several times, I discovered that screwing the velocity adj. screw in & out stopped the leak. I thought that was the end of it until I played again yesterday. Turning up the FPS caused the gun to start leaking again but not violently like before. It was very subtle. Someone suggested the LPR isnt set correctly or the dials in the grips need to be adjusted. They are both set to factory default settings. I played with the LPR & HPR at the chrono without success. It only leaks at a certain point in turning the velocity screw. There's about a full turn where it will leak but before or after those points, it doesn't leak at all. Where should I start?
The HPR shouldnt cause the solenoid to leak unless the LPR piston is bad. Check the end of the piston shaft. There should be a delrin seal pressed into the end. If it is missing or cracked, you need to replace the piston.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 PM #973
GuessTMF
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill, the delrin seal is in perfect condition. Any other thoughts?
Thanks for the help.
GuessTMF is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 AM #974
dok
 
 
dok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonton
Recently picked up an Ego 11, Zack Y's gat. Seem to be having issues with velocity. It is all over the place. As an example this past weekend it had lows of 250fps up to 280fps. Rarely it got above 280fps. A couple shots in the 290fps range.

Have tried different paints, barrel matches, and the usual things for velocity with little success. I did change the lpr setting to the recommended setting. When I got it the screw was flush. It was having similar issues before changing the lpr.

Always been a DM guy but have switched to the Ego. Not loving it yet. With some help maybe I will learn. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

D
__________________
When it all goes sideways you can only look forward.
dok is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 AM #975
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessTMF View Post
Bill, the delrin seal is in perfect condition. Any other thoughts?
Thanks for the help.
You need to take the frame off and gas it up. Pin point exactly where the leak is coming from on your EGO11.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 AM #976
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Recently picked up an Ego 11, Zack Y's gat. Seem to be having issues with velocity. It is all over the place. As an example this past weekend it had lows of 250fps up to 280fps. Rarely it got above 280fps. A couple shots in the 290fps range.

Have tried different paints, barrel matches, and the usual things for velocity with little success. I did change the lpr setting to the recommended setting. When I got it the screw was flush. It was having similar issues before changing the lpr.

Always been a DM guy but have switched to the Ego. Not loving it yet. With some help maybe I will learn. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

D
I would start with a new brand name battery regardless of the battery meter.
Then to a complete breakdown/cleaning/o-ring swap.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM #977
adarand555
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
quick question on a sl74 hurricane edition ego is there usually a serial number located on the outside of the gun ? is it in the same spot a ego 07 serial number usually is under the ram tube cap in the rear above the grip ? where are all the serial numbers located on the inside and outside the gun . i am thinking of buying one off some one on pbnation and just want to make sure it isn't stolen and also run the serial number thru the planet eclipse data base and see what that comes back looking like . thanks

Last edited by adarand555 : 08-22-2012 at 07:46 PM.
adarand555 is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 AM #978
Dburke299
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perris, Ca
Dburke299 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Change battery and rammer orings.
Thanks Bill, that was what it needed!
Dburke299 is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 06:11 AM #979
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarand555 View Post
quick question on a sl74 hurricane edition ego is there usually a serial number located on the outside of the gun ? is it in the same spot a ego 07 serial number usually is under the ram tube cap in the rear above the grip ? where are all the serial numbers located on the inside and outside the gun . i am thinking of buying one off some one on pbnation and just want to make sure it isn't stolen and also run the serial number thru the planet eclipse data base and see what that comes back looking like . thanks
If the numbers arent under the rammer cap they may be next to the feed neck.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM #980
adarand555
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
where would all the serial numbers be located on the outside of a hurricane sl74 edition ego ? this kid has one for sale on the nation and says " i looked all over the outside of the gun and can't find a serial number " . is that a red flag that the gun is probabley stolen or what ? i mean its not rocket science right there should clearly be a serial number somewhere milled onto the gun body right ?
adarand555 is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM #981
mnmjski
Coach
 
mnmjski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Annual Supporting Member
mnmjski is playing at Living Legends VI
mnmjski owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnmjski owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mnmjski supports Team VICIOUS
mnmjski supports Empire
A little help here...

Bill-
So I finally got my first Ego and its an 08 and used. Aired it up...ball flopped out about 2 feet. Replaced battery with a new generic battery, took it apart for basic cleaning and air'd it up. Ball flopped out about 2 feet. Started reading threads and first set back to factory settings...same thing happened. Read not to turn asa screw all the way in...ball shot about 10 feet.

Just seems air isn't rushing through the marker.

Any ideas?
__________________
Easy like Sunday morning.

Nothing but the best.

Throw a ball in my wheelhouse, I hit a bomb.
mnmjski is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM #982
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarand555 View Post
where would all the serial numbers be located on the outside of a hurricane sl74 edition ego ? this kid has one for sale on the nation and says " i looked all over the outside of the gun and can't find a serial number " . is that a red flag that the gun is probabley stolen or what ? i mean its not rocket science right there should clearly be a serial number somewhere milled onto the gun body right ?
If the numbers arent under the rammer cap they may be next to the feed neck.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM #983
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?
 
Lt. Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mexico, Mexico city
Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hi Bill.
What type of glue / adhesive can i use on the ego 09 membrane pad ? i donīt need a new one, just cleaned the old one and rinse off all the old adhesive.

thanks
__________________
.
Lt. Tank is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM #984
doeby
 
 
doeby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Valparaiso, IN
doeby has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have an EGO 5 and the solenoid clicks and I hear a puff but the bolt does not cycle. The solenoid shows no sign of wear or damage. No leaks anywhere in the gun. Any ideas what is wrong? I've tried adjusting the regulator intake but it did nothing. I haven't tried adjusting the LPR at all. I tried turning the dwell up but nothing happened either.
__________________
Proto Guns, etc. For sale

Mega Sale, good prices on guns, masks, pads, parts, and more!

Tech PB Feedback (same user name): +4/0/0

Total Feeback: 14/0/0
doeby is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM #985
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?
 
Lt. Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mexico, Mexico city
Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bill besides the mebrane pad adhesive, what can i use for the barrel jewel, i need to stick it back
Thanks
__________________
.
Lt. Tank is offline  
Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 PM #986
caboose117
killer instinct clothing
 
caboose117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: lexington
caboose117 helped look for balloons
caboose117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caboose117 plays in the APPA beginner division
caboose117 supports DLX Technology
i have a semi new Ego 11, and im kinda new to ego tuning
im pretty good at working on them but not so much making them tuned well

what are the best settings for these guns for best performance?
mine seems to be going through air like its the newest thing since sliced bread


my apologize if this has been asked a billion times before, i didnt have much luck finding anything
__________________
Sponsored by trade my luxe
caboose117 is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:39 AM #987
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank View Post
Hi Bill.
What type of glue / adhesive can i use on the ego 09 membrane pad ? i donīt need a new one, just cleaned the old one and rinse off all the old adhesive.

thanks
The factory adhesive is commercial double sided tape but if you use a VERY small drop of superglue, it should work.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump