Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmage589 View Post
Hey Bill, I'm having some probs with a newly purchased (it was used) SL8R.

1) when it is below 50 degrees outside the gun likes to act like the bolt is sticking. You have to fire it very rapidly to get it to do anything, which is usually only a half cycle (similar to training mode). This problem is usually cured by warming the gun up in the truck with the heat on, but it's a temp fix.

2) when the gun is warm and will fully cycle, I've had an awful time getting the velocity up above 260 and when it is it's very very erratic, even with the HPR adjusted almost all the way up (screw backed all the way out almost). The gun has the LP valve in. Dwell at 14.5, and the fixed lpr cap is on.

I've lubed it and cleaned the inside. I originally thought the solenoid was acting up but I swapped it from an 07 ego I have and it still shoots fine (with the sl8r solenoid still in the 07). It's all stock. I'm going to check the reg seats today as well as the qev diaphragms, could these be the causes? What else should I look for? I really really want to get this thing in shooting condition, I love it.

Thank you bill.
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring
towards the rear of the rammer (page 55/56 in the manual).
- With in your Inline regulator is a large spring. This spring sits on the piston only one way. If you take the piston out of the reg body you will notice the spring will slide onto the piston easy one way and with alot of friction the other. You want the spring to sit with no friction. Lube the piston oring and re-install (pages 51/52 in the manual) .
- HPR Piston: Check the HPR Piston reg seat. There should be a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the end of the piston shaft. Make sure it is there and not cracked.
- Set your dwell to 14.0
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV block, between the blue body and silver caps, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see pages 64/65 in the manual).
- LPR: Be sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 parts inside the LPR Cap. Listing from front to rear - Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (silver cuplike part), gold spring, silver piston and gold spring. The oring on the piston should be lightly greased with Eclipse grease or Sleek.Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area.
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 AM #380
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose1998 View Post
My dwell is at 11. Is this fine?
Yes, it is! Sorry I was on vacation. Thus the reason I was so slow to respond.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:16 AM #381
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohnson View Post
when i gas up my 07 EGO it does not make the noise like the bolt is engaging with the rammer and when i pull the trigger with eyes of or on i get nothing could anyone help with this if you could send me a pm
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Set your dwell (14.0).
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV, between the blue and silver halves, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see page 63 in the manual).
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled. The shims are slightly bent. You want them opposing each other. )()()()()()()()(
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect preesure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximte pressure.
- Check the LPR. Make sure both springs are present. There should be 5 pieces within the LPR. Starting from front: Adjuster screw, Adjuster piston, gold spring, Regulator piston and second gold spring. Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Complete oring overhaul

Old 03-21-2012, 04:18 AM #382
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimator View Post
Hi Official PE Tech, I recently bought an 08 Ego from my local dealer. When I bought it at the store it fired fine for the keep, now when I gassed it up, put some paint in it it was acting weird.

It would only give a little "gasp" of air for the first shot and no paintball fired, then would fire continuously as long as I didn't stop pulling, at what seemed to be a bit of a drop off in distance. So i turned it off, re-aired it and then it would only shoot if i hit like 5-6 BPS, and only one shot would actually fire per second. Just a lot of quick little "gasps" of air going through. As comical as it may sound it was like someone trying to whisper to you, "psst, psst, psst" only with every trigger pull.

I set the gun to factory settings, and put the LPR at default. Not sure why it's being weird.

I use a 68/4500 Tank, and a dye rotor.

Any assistance would be wonderful as I'm excited to use this gun (bought all new jewels and grip for it) but it's not performing as expected right now.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring
towards the rear of the rammer (page 55/56 in the manual).
- With in your Inline regulator is a large spring. This spring sits on the piston only one way. If you take the piston out of the reg body you will notice the spring will slide onto the piston easy one way and with alot of friction the other. You want the spring to sit with no friction. Lube the piston oring and re-install (pages 51/52 in the manual) .
- HPR Piston: Check the HPR Piston reg seat. There should be a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the end of the piston shaft. Make sure it is there and not cracked.
- Set your dwell to 14.0
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV block, between the blue body and silver caps, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see pages 64/65 in the manual).
- LPR: Be sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 parts inside the LPR Cap. Listing from front to rear - Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (silver cuplike part), gold spring, silver piston and gold spring. The oring on the piston should be lightly greased with Eclipse grease or Sleek.Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...

Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 AM #383
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestupmidget View Post
I'm sure it wouldn't make that much of a difference, but i have an ego 11 and run the noid at stock settings. I just acuired a ninja tank with a slp reg and i also have one with the normal regulator. Will there be a difference when using either tank?
Ive never tried the SLP myself so I am not 100% but from what I have heard from a NINJA rep, there should be no difference.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 AM #384
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
Hey Bill, I don't so much have problem, but rather a question. I want to know if it would be safe and if my 06 Dark would work properly if I used a SL8R fixed cap with bump piston and the springs out of my 06 LPR or would I need different springs?? Thanks in advance.
Spring packs and piston are different

Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 AM #385
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfull View Post
I have an ego 9 that after sitting for more than a minute or two, fires the first shot extremely high (350 fps compared to the rest at 280) but then continues to fire the rest of the shots normally as long as i dont let it sit for another minute or so. I have completely cleaned the gun inside and out, changed the battery multiple times, adjusted the settings (including fsd) and checked the orings but everything seems to be okay. Do you have any idea what it is that could be causing this? Any particular parts that i should be looking at? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I really can't figure out what is wrong... Thanks in advance!
Swap out the #10 oring inside the LPR body. If you unthread the LPR cap from the gun body there is a part inside the gun body that is still there that the LPR cap threads on to. If you look inside the front you will see the oring. The LPR piston slides on it. Swap that out.
Also, check the piston seal while you have it apart.

Lastly, check the seal on the HPR piston. If cracked or missing, you are getting a hot shot.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 AM #386
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOST WANTED O.G. View Post
where do i go to get help about a new solenoid wire? i think the connection is bad between the solenoid wire and the white harness because it looks like its been taken out and put back in
You can take it to any local electrical repair center. They should be able to fix it cheap.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 AM #387
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckutsubos View Post
I have a little problem that just arose... As i checked out all my paintball guns for the new season My Ego 7 (in great condition and maintained) is leaking where the macroline locks into the fitting on the ASA.... i replaced the Macroline and it still leaks.. do i need a new fitting or what? Also when i tighten (over tighten?) the top screws on the grip it leaks there too.. Any advice? Thank you.
If you remove the snap ring there is a #10 inside the macro fitting. The rings crush easily so becareful.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 AM #388
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathturtle View Post
Will and ego 5 ram work in an ego 6? same pressures?
Yes, same part number.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 AM #389
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbwizard21 View Post
I have a sl-66 and when I gas it up it has a major leak coming from the lpr or rammer housing...not sure which it just starts venting majorly. I was having the velocity issues(not going above 240) others have had and followed the advice given. I did a complete overhaul on the orings and hosing and even took apart the qevs, which were ok. Put it back together and now it leaks....I have checked and replaced all suggested possible problem orings etc. Any ideas? Thanks.
Have you tried gassing up your SL66 with the grip frame off to pinpoint the leak?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 AM #390
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFiremanXx View Post
Hey Bill my etek ego jumps alot from 278 down to 176 and back to 270 something just wanted to know what my dwell best at and where my lpr should be at Thanks
dwell 13 and LPR flush.
There are a few issues that could cause an Etek to have low or inconsistant velocity...
- Could be a bad oring with in the gun.
-Swap out the #11 oring which is the most rear black oring on the rammer (see page 24 of the manual).
-Swap out the #9 oring which is the most forward oring on the rammer.
-Swap out the (2) 14x2 orings on the LPR body (see Figure 5.45 of page 28 of the manual).
- Dwell: Dwell should be set at 13.5ms
- Make sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 pieces inside the LPR body that need to be in the proper order. The adjuster screw is the most forward piece followed by the adjuster plunger, gold LPR spring, piston and lastly the second gold spring. The adjuster screw should always be in the stock flush position (see page 22 of the manual).
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled.
- While you have the HPR apart. check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked. The seat is located at the end of the piston shaft. It is a small piece of delrin-like material that is pressed into the end. (See page 20/21 of the manual).
- Brass valve guide. If you look at the front of teh rammer housing there is a brass guide that is loctited in place. if it starts to unthread it will limit the airflow causing low velocity.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:32 AM #391
daez
thursdae

daez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daez has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Bill, thanks so much in advanced for your time and help!

I recently bought a used Ego9, and when I attempted to shoot it, the paintball literally flew a total of maybe 2-3 feet... The gun has no leaks at all, and I went through and replaced all orings and relubed it. Board was reset to stock settings. Same result. Replaced the rammer Orings twice to make sure, same thing happens. The HPR Piston seat is perfectly fine as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot Bill!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM #392
deathturtle

deathturtle owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I have a question for you. I have an 06 ego i just got today. the noid doesnt click. it holds air and pushed the bolt back no leaks. DO you know whta the problem could be?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM #393
MiltownMonkey

I talked to Gerry on the phone yesterday about my Dark SL8R. The solenoid was broke and he gave me some info to try and salvage it (turning the valves). This didn't work so i'll be ordering a new solenoid. Is there anything that I should check to make sure that the new solenoid doesnt blow, or was this probably due to age/shots? I did go through and replace all the orings when i purchased it, and the vavle seems to be ok. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:15 PM #394
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by daez View Post
Hey Bill, thanks so much in advanced for your time and help!

I recently bought a used Ego9, and when I attempted to shoot it, the paintball literally flew a total of maybe 2-3 feet... The gun has no leaks at all, and I went through and replaced all orings and relubed it. Board was reset to stock settings. Same result. Replaced the rammer Orings twice to make sure, same thing happens. The HPR Piston seat is perfectly fine as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot Bill!
Does the solenoid have the plank kit installed?

Could be debris in the solenoid. Take the spool out and clean it up. Use a SMALL amount of PE grease on the orings and re-install.

Also, Replace the battery. Do not use a cheap brand. It must be a quality one. Inexpensive ones do not have the mAh the gun needs.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 PM #395
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathturtle View Post
I have a question for you. I have an 06 ego i just got today. the noid doesnt click. it holds air and pushed the bolt back no leaks. DO you know whta the problem could be?
Could be a number of things. Is the board registering a shot?
Have you checked to see if the solenoid is ruined? The rear grip cover screws can damage the solenoid if over tightened.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 PM #396
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltownMonkey View Post
I talked to Gerry on the phone yesterday about my Dark SL8R. The solenoid was broke and he gave me some info to try and salvage it (turning the valves). This didn't work so i'll be ordering a new solenoid. Is there anything that I should check to make sure that the new solenoid doesnt blow, or was this probably due to age/shots? I did go through and replace all the orings when i purchased it, and the vavle seems to be ok. Thanks for the help.
Did the solenoid leak or simply stop cycling?

Old 03-22-2012, 01:48 PM #397
MiltownMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Did the solenoid leak or simply stop cycling?
Leaks out of the front and holes in the side
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM #398
daez
thursdae

daez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daez has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Does the solenoid have the plank kit installed?

Could be debris in the solenoid. Take the spool out and clean it up. Use a SMALL amount of PE grease on the orings and re-install.

Also, Replace the battery. Do not use a cheap brand. It must be a quality one. Inexpensive ones do not have the mAh the gun needs.
It has the Plank Kit, yes.

Already cleaned the solenoid and lubed the spool.

Tried two different Duracell batteries, same thing happens
Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM #399
pbwizard21

Quote:
Have you tried gassing up your SL66 with the grip frame off to pinpoint the leak?
yeah it seems to actually just be venting out the valve hole. I gas it up and it just starts venting. Could it be a qev problem or is the LPR shot? Maybe something in the HPR? Thanks for all the help.
Closed Thread