Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM #253
christhatkid

christhatkid plays in the PSP
christhatkid plays in the MiLP
christhatkid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
christhatkid plays in the APPA D4 division
Hey Bill I have a ego11 with 108000 shot thru it last weekend I was at a tournament and the gun started leaking.

I would only leak when I would ramp the gun up though. The barrel back got cold and turned a white color like it was frosting up. When I ramped it would should like air was coming out of the trigger frame somewhere. Any idea what it could be?
AFTERSHOCK#18
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 PM #254
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by christhatkid
Hey Bill I have a ego11 with 108000 shot thru it last weekend I was at a tournament and the gun started leaking.

I would only leak when I would ramp the gun up though. The barrel back got cold and turned a white color like it was frosting up. When I ramped it would should like air was coming out of the trigger frame somewhere. Any idea what it could be?
Try screwing the solenoid screws out, an then back in. The same thing happened to me but it was everytime i aired it up. I thought i was gunna have to send it to planet eclipse but i just did that and it fixed it.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:06 PM #255
SnAkEsEnSaTiOn1

08 ego Help!

I have an 08 ego and it shoots but there is ridiculous drop off, and i mean ridiculous. the balls will only shoot out 10-30 ft, i have the velocity screw out all the way, ive messed with the LPR and i cant get it to work. Can You give me some factory setting at which i could reset it to and go from there? I just put in a Cure 4 bolt and my air is 3000psi so idk what the issue is. Also what will changing the debounce settings do for my gun?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:48 PM #256
Wastedslayer
Enjoying the Luxe-ry

Wastedslayer supports Bob Gurnsey
Wastedslayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Wastedslayer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Wastedslayer supports DLX Technology
Ive got an Ego8 that has a small leak from the valve area. If i put my finger in the breach over the valve hole the leak stops, no air coming from the rammer area. I only have an SLP and a Low Pressure tank, do I need a different spring like the Geos do for LP?

What I have done:
BRAND NEW Ego 8 Valve
BRAND NEW Ego 8 Poppet
Replaced All Orings on the LPR and Housing (New 14x2 Orings and All)
Replaced All Orings in the HPR
Tried new Orings on the Valve
Tried a combination of old and new valve/Poppet
Replaced the Rammer Orings
Inspected both Reg Seats.

Kind of at a loss I dont know why its still leaking. It still shoots, its not pouring air out but its enough of a leak that I notice it.
Clear/Splash Luxe 1.0
Old 02-26-2012, 04:30 AM #257
viesturs

EG0 9 strange behaviour

Hi, I have a Ego 9 and here is the problem - when I switch on, electronic part works, air is on and passes through in-inline. But the gun does not shot, there is an electronic click but no bolt movements. Bolt is under air pressure. After 20 min in on mode in temperature +20 Celsius, it starts up lazy reacting on trigger clicks, but I cannot get speed above 220 -230. Could somebody have an idea where is the problem?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM #258
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDempsey12 View Post
Hey Bill,
I've got an Ego8 that I used in a tournament this past weekend. It was extremely cold and snowing but the only problems I had during the day were that it had a tiny leak and it did not chrono consistently. I used it and it worked great (aside from the leak and FPS problems). I took it home, lubed and cleaned everything and then set it down. A few days later, I wanted to see where the leak was coming from so I unscrewed the body and looked at the solenoid. The leak was gone and I put it back together. I tried to shoot it a few days ago and everytime it fires, it makes this weird popping noise itstead of how it normally sounds. It won't even shoot any paintballs either. Also, my teammate owns a Geo and he's having the exact same problem. Could the weather have done something to our guns?
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring
towards the rear of the rammer (page 55/56 in the manual).
- With in your Inline regulator is a large spring. This spring sits on the piston only one way. If you take the piston out of the reg body you will notice the spring will slide onto the piston easy one way and with alot of friction the other. You want the spring to sit with no friction. Lube the piston oring and re-install (pages 51/52 in the manual) .
- HPR Piston: Check the HPR Piston reg seat. There should be a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the end of the piston shaft. Make sure it is there and not cracked.
- Set your dwell to 14.0
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV block, between the blue body and silver caps, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see pages 64/65 in the manual).
- LPR: Be sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 parts inside the LPR Cap. Listing from front to rear - Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (silver cuplike part), gold spring, silver piston and gold spring. The oring on the piston should be lightly greased with Eclipse grease or Sleek.Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM #259
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduds View Post
bill,
I purchased a used ego with the z2 rammer in it only ploblem is the large black bumper on the back of rammer is missing. I searched and cannot find that bumper anywhere, only the one that goes in the cap. I dont see the need to buy a whole new rammer kit cause of just that part, any help greatly appreciated.
I dont have one in stock. Try emailing gerry.b@planeteclipse.com

Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 PM #260
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb slenger View Post
Do the CSL's come from the factory with the LP or HP valve installed in them?
Thanks,
Dj
I honestly do not recall but I have a feeling it is the LP.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:54 PM #261
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by christhatkid View Post

Sure it is actually leaking? If the gun is shooting fast enough you could get alot of solenoid air venting and feel like a leak. When you stop, does the leak stop or continue?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 PM #262
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnAkEsEnSaTiOn1 View Post
I have an 08 ego and it shoots but there is ridiculous drop off, and i mean ridiculous. the balls will only shoot out 10-30 ft, i have the velocity screw out all the way, ive messed with the LPR and i cant get it to work. Can You give me some factory setting at which i could reset it to and go from there? I just put in a Cure 4 bolt and my air is 3000psi so idk what the issue is. Also what will changing the debounce settings do for my gun?
Change the battery regardless what the meter says.

When you spin the velocity screw out, does your FPS go up? If not, you may need a new inline regulator piston.

Debounce: Lower the number, more 'bouncy' the trigger gets.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM #263
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedslayer View Post
Ive got an Ego8 that has a small leak from the valve area. If i put my finger in the breach over the valve hole the leak stops, no air coming from the rammer area. I only have an SLP and a Low Pressure tank, do I need a different spring like the Geos do for LP?

What I have done:
BRAND NEW Ego 8 Valve
BRAND NEW Ego 8 Poppet
Replaced All Orings on the LPR and Housing (New 14x2 Orings and All)
Replaced All Orings in the HPR
Tried new Orings on the Valve
Tried a combination of old and new valve/Poppet
Replaced the Rammer Orings
Inspected both Reg Seats.

Kind of at a loss I dont know why its still leaking. It still shoots, its not pouring air out but its enough of a leak that I notice it.
Have you tried a new air system? The SLP may not have enough pressure for the inline regulator of an EGO8.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:00 PM #264
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery regardless what the battery meter reads. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Change all three rammer orings
- Clean the solenoid out as shown in the manual on pages 67 and 68 of the manual. When you re-lube the spool, use a small amount of Eclipse grease.
- Check the LPR. Make sure both springs are present. There should be 4 pieces within the LPR. Starting from front: Adjuster screw, spring, Regulator piston and gold spring. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn in.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. It is a plastic like disk pressed into the end of the shaft. If it isnt there, you need to replace the piston.

Dwell setting?
Do you have the planks installed? If so, maybe upside down. Grooves should be to the body side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viesturs View Post
Hi, I have a Ego 9 and here is the problem - when I switch on, electronic part works, air is on and passes through in-inline. But the gun does not shot, there is an electronic click but no bolt movements. Bolt is under air pressure. After 20 min in on mode in temperature +20 Celsius, it starts up lazy reacting on trigger clicks, but I cannot get speed above 220 -230. Could somebody have an idea where is the problem?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:03 PM #265
Hooba852

ok i have a ego 11 and everytime i fire air will come out of the little hole on the reg but its only a little burst it doesnt leak why is it doing this and how do i fix it
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 PM #266
Jose1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooba852
ok i have a ego 11 and everytime i fire air will come out of the little hole on the reg but its only a little burst it doesnt leak why is it doing this and how do i fix it
I think thats supposed to happen...
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM #267
Hooba852

all my friends egos dont do it
Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 PM #268
Jose1998

Try lubing up yyour reg and check all the orings inside of it.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 PM #269
Hooba852

i just got it yesterday how do i lube the reg
Old 02-26-2012, 09:25 PM #270
apstephens97

ETEK 1 noid leak coming from hole in left side of noid lrp adjustments do nothing but hpr all the way down stops it + not really leaking air, it's pouring air...
Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 AM #271
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooba852 View Post
That hole is a vent. Every time the gun is fired the piston will move. If it is a small blast it is normal. If it is a leak you can replace..
#16 on the inline reg piston
#11 on the inline regulator adjuster top
#8 inside the inline regulator adjuster top

You may also want to try flipping over the seal that is between the adjuster top and adjuster screw.

Schematic on page 12 of the ego11 manual: http://files.planeteclipseb2b.com/eg...-MANUAL-EN.pdf

Old 02-27-2012, 03:59 AM #272
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by apstephens97 View Post
ETEK 1 noid leak coming from hole in left side of noid lrp adjustments do nothing but hpr all the way down stops it + not really leaking air, it's pouring air...
The common issues people have that will cause the Etek to leak from the solenoid area and what I would suggest...
- Swap out the #11 oring which is the most rear black oring on the rammer (see page 24 of the manual).
- Swap out the #9 oring which is the most forward oring on the rammer.
- Swap out the (2) 14x2 orings on the LPR body (see Figure 5.45 of page 28 of the manual).
- Make sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 pieces inside the LPR body that need to be in the proper order. The adjuster screw is the most forward piece followed by the adjuster plunger, gold LPR spring, piston and lastly the second gold spring. Both gold springs are the same. The adjuster screw should always be in the stock flush position (see page 22 of the manual).
- While you have the LPR apart, inspect the LPR piston regulator seat. It is the small delrin-like piece that is pressed into the skinny end of the piston shaft. It shouldnt be cracked or missing. If it is, you must replace the piston.
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled.
- While you have the HPR apart, check the reg seat on the HPR piston. Same as the LPR, it will be pressed into the end of the shaft.
- Have you ever taken the solenoid apart? If so, please let me know. You may have reassembled it improperly.
- The screws holding your grip in place have been WAY over-tightened. It is rare but I have seen it where they were so over-tightened that the two alignment tabs on the electro half have been broken off. When this happens the solenoid will not stay properly aligned.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 AM #273
Wastedslayer
Enjoying the Luxe-ry

Wastedslayer supports Bob Gurnsey
Wastedslayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Wastedslayer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Wastedslayer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Have you tried a new air system? The SLP may not have enough pressure for the inline regulator of an EGO8.
Yes Bill, Tried a High Pressure system Saturday night and it was still leaking from the Valve area. It didnt get any worse with a change in pressure though.
Clear/Splash Luxe 1.0
Closed Thread