Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM #43
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
You really don't know what you are talking about. When introduced the sft shocker was priced right around $ 900.00 up grades to boards triggers feed necks hi efficiency manifold hi efficiency bolt and regulator carry well over the 1k mark. Add to that the fact that the Shocker won more world championships than any other marker while it was in production and yeah I'd say you have a legendary gat right there. The Nxt continued winning world championships after the sft was retired and did it at a price point that made it easier for more players to have access to the tech and saved you money by integrating the most popular ups out of the box while still leaving you room to upgrade and make it your own.

As far as a disappointment hardly, the gun was so popular that it actually killed other guns in SP lineup namely the nurv which was a more expensive gun. The shocker was far from a disappointment.
Solid reply George.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM #44
codyman117
looking for a timmy
 
codyman117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
codyman117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codyman117 supports Team VICIOUS
codyman117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
codyman117 supports DLX Technology
i have a 09 impulse in the box all the parts whats it worth never played a game with it only shot case threw it at my field
__________________
i can make your ion into a pump pm me for info!
codyman117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 PM #45
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Depends with who's buying it. A few hundred at most.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM #46
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter
 
TimmyTyrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fwb, Florida
TimmyTyrant is for the Gunfight
TimmyTyrant plays in the APPA D5 division
TimmyTyrant has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TimmyTyrant supports DLX Technology
Impulse=popit luxe
__________________
850 living

Snake Slammer

If you don't look like you're are going to spread your wings and fly, you're doing it wrong
TimmyTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM #47
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
After Empire's re-release of the Freak, It would be funny to see an Evolution Sniper variant released by GoG for half the price, lol.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 PM #48
Ryan miller03
 
 
Ryan miller03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: andersonville tn
Ryan miller03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ryan miller03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shockers are old and out dated...like me. But they are the only markers with "soul" you can go from one extreme to another. Still got mine
It would be great to see a "new shocker" about all it needs is some effiency work. I like the extcys reminds me of a plastic body shocker
Ryan miller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 AM #49
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
The shockers are great guns. I have 4 of them still.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM #50
Rod
No. 1 Dad
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: VA
 has been a member for 10 years
Just my 2cents, but the death of Smart Parts was Smart Parts. Ironically their own ego, as well as the PE Ego got the best of them. I dont care what anybody says, a solid company is not going under because of a bank. There is always another bank, and all of them like a good investment. I can remember lots of BST threads here saying stuff like "absolutely no Smart Parts". Players were separating themselves from SP because of bad PR and at the same time the Ego came online. It was hot and still is, and it was a great marker out of the box. Face it, when you upgrade a marker to the point that the only stock parts are screws and orings, you have a real problem...you just dont know it yet. If I remember correctly, it seems like PE got its start by making nice cocker ups.

I dont know how or if GOG will make it, but its going to have to start with a quality product. Being the former Smart Parts isnt going to cut it, but you never know. I thought Tippman would have been dead and gone a long time ago, however, they have a reputation for being tough as hell and seem to still have a strong following. I just hope that whatever GOG does it has less to do with marketing and more to do with the end user.

BTW, notice the SFT in my daughter's hands in my avvy. I have always been a huge fan of SP...still am.
__________________
Sig TBA
http://www.pbnation.com
HYBRID SHOCKER B/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...351&highlight=

Last edited by Rod : 03-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 PM #51
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Just my 2cents, but the death of Smart Parts was Smart Parts. Ironically their own ego, as well as the PE Ego got the best of them. I dont care what anybody says, a solid company is not going under because of a bank. There is always another bank, and all of them like a good investment. I can remember lots of BST threads here saying stuff like "absolutely no Smart Parts". Players were separating themselves from SP because of bad PR and at the same time the Ego came online. It was hot and still is, and it was a great marker out of the box. Face it, when you upgrade a marker to the point that the only stock parts are screws and orings, you have a real problem...you just dont know it yet. If I remember correctly, it seems like PE got its start by making nice cocker ups.

I dont know how or if GOG will make it, but its going to have to start with a quality product. Being the former Smart Parts isnt going to cut it, but you never know. I thought Tippman would have been dead and gone a long time ago, however, they have a reputation for being tough as hell and seem to still have a strong following. I just hope that whatever GOG does it has less to do with marketing and more to do with the end user.

BTW, notice the SFT in my daughter's hands in my avvy. I have always been a huge fan of SP...still am.
I am sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about here from start to finish.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM #52
Rod
No. 1 Dad
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: VA
 has been a member for 10 years
Which part? Please dispute anything...I am truly interested.
__________________
Sig TBA
http://www.pbnation.com
HYBRID SHOCKER B/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...351&highlight=
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 PM #53
azhector
 
 
azhector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
I am sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about here from start to finish.
same, im pretty sure SP never had an ego. and the problem with them is their guns were pretty bad stock and had a ton of problems. and its not like spyder where they have so many other pretty good markers (for their price) to save that failing, as well as people who buy these guns anyway. and the problem with the ion, their largest line, is the resale value was so low; everyone would buy a used one that was super up'd instead of buying the gun+300 bucks in ups.
__________________
skrillex sucks. period.
azhector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM #54
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am
 
shadawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: s.jersey
shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If I remember correctly Smart Parts got it start making after market parts too.

I love internet business majors. They know EVERYTHING
__________________
Generously Sponsored By:
ME
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM #55
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Which part? Please dispute anything...I am truly interested.
I am not going to go into details, as the topic has been beat to death, but your comments about the bank issue are 110% incorrect. I am sure you recall all the uncertainty that was facing the countries economy in 2008, so there wasn't another bank waiting to pick up a multi-million dollar loan. I am very much involved with the company, so I am always speaking with facts the base my statements on. I didn't intend to be rude with my last statement, but I have seen so many so-called "experts" talking about things they simply don't know anything about.

Also, the percentage of paintballers that post online is very small. You can not base your argument over what you read and saw in the BST section of PbN. The Ion sold great because it was unmatched at it's price point for what it did outside of the box. The marker changed the dynamic of having an "electronic marker". Gone were the days that only the people who had money could afford a marker that shot more then 12 bps.

Moms and their kids were able to walk into a store and get a gun that could keep up with the 1000 dollar guns for 200 bucks. The bad PR that came from it was from the angry people that spent 1000 bucks to shoot the same type of gun. As far as the Ion goes with upgrades, you didn't have to upgrade the marker, at the price point, after market companies saw a niche market for people that could upgrade their markers as their playing experience went on.

You can not blame Smart Parts for other companies wanting to make money. Smart Parts never released the specifics of the parts people were "improving". As far as the issue of quality products, the G-1/SP-1 and eNVy/Vibe is one of the best markers on the market today. More and more fields are converting their rentals to these, which with the average rental marker user being as tough on the equipment, they wouldn't be switching if the markers were not quality would they?

I am glad you are a fan of Smart Parts products, and I hope you continue on to purchase some GOG markers. And with you being from Virginia, hopefully we can meet up at a field and play/talk sometime about it all. (Do you travel to OXCC in Maryland?)
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 PM #56
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
same, im pretty sure SP never had an ego. and the problem with them is their guns were pretty bad stock and had a ton of problems. and its not like spyder where they have so many other pretty good markers (for their price) to save that failing, as well as people who buy these guns anyway. and the problem with the ion, their largest line, is the resale value was so low; everyone would buy a used one that was super up'd instead of buying the gun+300 bucks in ups.
Each gun was tested before it was boxed up. Smart Parts never released an ego, but they did have 2 versions of the Impulse. 99% of the problems with Ion's, is people would tinker with them without knowing what they were doing. I have teched for the company at some of the worlds largest events, and have seen it all.

You also can not blame the company for selling as many markers as they did, thus making the resale value low on the markers.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM #57
azhector
 
 
azhector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
Each gun was tested before it was boxed up. Smart Parts never released an ego, but they did have 2 versions of the Impulse. 99% of the problems with Ion's, is people would tinker with them without knowing what they were doing. I have teched for the company at some of the worlds largest events, and have seen it all.

You also can not blame the company for selling as many markers as they did, thus making the resale value low on the markers.
Well it was small problems, a sticky on/off, qev would break easy, and those type of things. But the resale value isn't their fault your right, it was just something they couldn't avoid
__________________
skrillex sucks. period.
azhector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:11 PM #58
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
If I remember correctly Smart Parts got it start making after market parts too.
Barrels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post

The Ion sold great because it was unmatched at it's price point for what it did outside of the box. The marker changed the dynamic of having an "electronic marker". Gone were the days that only the people who had money could afford a marker that shot more then 12 bps.
I
I believe the Smart Parts did that with the Impulse before the Ion. Put a mid level performer out on the market that was easily upgradable to a nasty performer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
Well it was small problems, a sticky on/off, qev would break easy, and those type of things. But the resale value isn't their fault your right, it was just something they couldn't avoid
All of those are user issues. I never had an issue with my on/off or my QEV.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:30 PM #59
azhector
 
 
azhector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
i saw a lot of sticky on/off switches, and the qev wasnt durable but it wasnt an easy break either. and even on the extcy my on/off switch sticks maybe once a day, but its just a quick finger nail to dig it out. and the qev has worked perfectly for me
__________________
skrillex sucks. period.
azhector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 PM #60
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
I believe the Smart Parts did that with the Impulse before the Ion. Put a mid level performer out on the market that was easily upgradable to a nasty performer.
the impulse wasnt near the price point of the ion.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 AM #61
Rod
No. 1 Dad
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: VA
 has been a member for 10 years
Everything about the Ion was a great concept from the design to its intended market. I can remember watching that pre-release video and thinking wow, this is really going to change things...and it did. Again, my opinion, but the Ion(I currently own two) not only was cheap, it looked cheap, and it felt cheap. Some people including myself dont have a problem with this, but overall I feel like it "cheapened" the brand when at the same time the shocker really needed much more attention. The Ion was getting pushed while the flagship collected dust.

I dont pretend to be an "expert" or know everything that was going on behind the scenes...this is just my point of view as a user/consumer on why we now call them GOG. I hope they do great.
__________________
Sig TBA
http://www.pbnation.com
HYBRID SHOCKER B/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...351&highlight=
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM #62
Zippin35
 
 
Zippin35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
i saw a lot of sticky on/off switches, and the qev wasnt durable but it wasnt an easy break either. and even on the extcy my on/off switch sticks maybe once a day, but its just a quick finger nail to dig it out. and the qev has worked perfectly for me
why would you argue about these products being poorly made, then turn around and say that they weren't an easy break. Please stick to one side of your argument so that people can give you correct details. Swaying from side to side only makes your argument seem worse.
__________________
I FIGHT FOR MACDEV-Macdev Militia
My Pawn Shop- Fast, Simple, Cash!
B/S/T Perfection
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM #63
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Everything about the Ion was a great concept from the design to its intended market. I can remember watching that pre-release video and thinking wow, this is really going to change things...and it did. Again, my opinion, but the Ion(I currently own two) not only was cheap, it looked cheap, and it felt cheap. Some people including myself dont have a problem with this, but overall I feel like it "cheapened" the brand when at the same time the shocker really needed much more attention. The Ion was getting pushed while the flagship collected dust.

I dont pretend to be an "expert" or know everything that was going on behind the scenes...this is just my point of view as a user/consumer on why we now call them GOG. I hope they do great.
I have one of the first Ion's, and it still shoots great with everything stock on it. (Sans the trigger which broke when I let someone borrow it.) I don't know why everyone has viewed the gun as being "cheap" because it was inexpensive to initially purchase. Plastic does not always equal "cheap", with the Ion being a major example. The same goes for the G-1 and eNVy which is made using the same material that a Glock is. Hell, I can run over my G-1 with my truck and it will still work perfectly fine.

As far as the shocker, the company released the Shocker NXT with a few improvements, but mostly it was left the way the SFT was because the design worked, and the resale was great on the shockers because the company was not releasing a new marker every 12 months.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump