PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 PM #1
RogueShooter

eNMEy Efficiency and Upgrade Test

For anyone who wants the quick version:

Stock: 4 1/2 pods and a full Spire (approx 830)
L6: 5 2/3 pods and a full Spire (approx 994)
L6 + QEV: 5 3/4 pods and full Spire (1005)

Again, this was off of a 48/4500 tank, NOT a 68/4500. Obviously your results will be even better with a 68.

QEV'd result may have been better were it not for trying to shoot through a few really bad barrel breaks that just caused more barrel breaks. We'd honestly expect a full 6 pods and maybe a little more out of that setup if we were to redo the test. Unfortunately, we just didn't have time. Again, the breech was clean when we checked, so these weren't chops, just barrel breaks. Most likely the paint began to get cold from sitting outside all day, it was just barely into the 50's and probably mid to low 40's in the shade where we were.

Be warned: ONLY install a QEV if you're running a good forcefed hopper like a Spire, as it will reduce or eliminate the mechanical antichop. The L6 seemed to do just fine by itself so if you want to maintain the antichop we recommend going that route without the QEV.

If you want to see the L6 bolt made again for the eNMEy, send TECHT Paintball an email and let them know the Reservoir Dogs sent you!
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2013, 06:10 PM #2
stuff21397

The hollow point makes the ion into a dump valve marker like a geo/nt/g4 type bolt except it doesn't seal off in the forward position like the geo or nt
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM #3
RogueShooter

I understand that, but on the same note, not sealing off the forward position will be no-bueno in the eNMEy since it does not have a solenoid to control dwell. Without a built in shutoff, the valve will vent as long as the trigger is held down so you'll have inconsistent velocity and poor efficiency like I said in the video.

The Hollowpoint and L7 are each great products in their own right, they simply won't get along with the eNMEy. We will be prodding both companies to see if we can get them to come up with something for the eNMEy.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 AM #4
Dedloc
That One Guy

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dedloc is Boss
Seems kind of pointless though to make special bolts for the enmey though. The whole basis is that it is a simple, mechanical marker that works as-is. Asking techt or DW to make a bolt for a marker that is mainly going to see field rental use doesnt seem like it will pay off.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:14 AM #5
Henchman

I disagree. Buying a $130 marker, and being able to upgrade it to get ultimate efficiency is worth it to me. And I think other users as well, who want a nice fully mechanical marker, that is air efficient.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:33 PM #6
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
Seems kind of pointless though to make special bolts for the enmey though. The whole basis is that it is a simple, mechanical marker that works as-is. Asking techt or DW to make a bolt for a marker that is mainly going to see field rental use doesnt seem like it will pay off.
No one said it was mandatory, but there are a lot of tinkerers out there who are already interested. Lots of buzz over on MCB where mech and limited paint play is more popular than it is here. For a mod that takes all of 2 minutes to install, a pod and a half efficiency gain is pretty sweet, IMO. Lets me carry an extra pod with a smaller tank so I can stay out on the field longer with less weight in my arms. I know it won't be something every eNMEy owner will want, but I believe there is demand for it. If the amount of people pm-ing me about if I have any more of them I'd be willing to sell or if I know where to get more is any indication, there's plenty of demand already.

Heck, a few vocal TPX owners convinced them to make a bolt for that marker, and I'm sure there will be vastly more eNMEy owners out there looking for upgrades than pistol guys.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 PM #7
kdrpballguy
Gridlock Sniper

has been a member for 10 years
kdrpballguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
well ive emailed TechT. Hopefully we will see the L6 or equivalent in production. I'm really hoping for a decent option for upgrade sometime in the near future. Would love to see the L6 come back.
kdrpballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:51 AM #8
Hogz_5203
Spragoo

Hogz_5203 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hogz_5203 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hogz_5203 supports Empire
Any news on this front? I've been thinking about putting a new bolt in my enmey, but I don't know which to look into.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:37 PM #9
psycho91
making a come back

so the L6 and the hollow point will take away the anti chop feature, what about a QEV
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM #10
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
so the L6 and the hollow point will take away the anti chop feature, what about a QEV
Huh? No, you've got that all wrong I'm afraid...

The Hollowpoint won't work because it lacks a method of shutting off the dump chamber section of the firing can during the firing cycle. It relies on the solenoid of the gun's board to perform that action, which is fine for an electro, since the board will close the solenoid automatically after a certain time regardless of what the trigger does. On the eNMEy, the mechanical firing valve will remain open as long as you hold down the trigger, so the bolt itself needs to be able to close the chamber. This is what the 2nd o-ring on the stock bolt's tail does.

Since the L6 still has a tail, with 2 o-rings, it will work in the eNMEy. It is the lack of such a tail and o-rings that is what keeps the L7 and HP from working in the eNMEy. They will install just fine, and even cycle, but you will get inconsistent velocity and efficiency because no human is capable of pulling a trigger for exactly the same amount of time, every time, like an electronic processor can do with a solenoid.

As far as I can tell, the L6 does not seem to lose the anti-chop function. I haven't had any breaks while running it alone (without the QEV installed, granted I'm running a Virtue Spire so outrunning the hopper is not an issue for me), and just yesterday in practice I did have an odd-shaped ball stick in the feedneck a bit and the gun just chuffed. Slapped the hopper to activate the g-sensor and it forced the ball down into the breech and I was able to fire it without breaking it.

I can't say as much for the QEV. After running it for a full 8 hour scenario with the L6/QEV combo, I was getting some chops here and there. Granted, this was with a Kingman Fasta and not the Spire that I run now, so with a forcefeed you might be ok. But I do believe the QEV reduces or entirely eliminates the anti-chop function by allowing the speed of the bolt on the forward stroke to increase. After removing the QEV and going back to a stock front banjo, I have not had a single chop or barrel break in well over 36 hours worth of combined scenario/woods/speedball play.

The question that remains is how well would the QEV fair in combination with the stock bolt. Since the stock bolt is heavier it may not accelerate as fast with the QEV installed as the L6 did and may offer a performance improvement for those who cannot track down an L6. I never had a chance to test my gun in that configuration so I can't give an honest, proven answer.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:36 PM #11
Henchman

From what I understand, the QEV does kill the anti chop function.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM #12
Punisher068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
From what I understand, the QEV does kill the anti chop function.
Ive heard this also,it makes sense too because the QEV vents the pressure that would normally give you the bolt resistance needed for the anti chop bolt "feedback"
So Im running a third tail oring on my L6,mostly because it was grooved for one,I bought it so long ago I forgot that it wasn't needed when reinstalled it in my SP1.Cycles fine,does anyone think there would be a + or - to running it that way?
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 PM #13
RogueShooter

I don't really know... I doubt it does anything since the one on the end will be doing the work of closing the dump chamber.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM #14
psycho91
making a come back

thanks for clearing that up i was a little confused, and the way i see it is if your running an L6 in the enmey whats the point of a QEV yeah it would be nice for those of us who like to tinker and get the most out of our markers but its a mech marker and i dont think the QEV would help much at all, and plus the antichop feature is nice it sure beats having to worry about eyes
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:54 AM #15
SilentBall55

The L6 bolt will boost efficiency which a good thing. Great video RogueShooter.

Sent and email off to TechT, and not response. I think at this point the L6 bolt is gone.

I will ask Boss Paintball to make one for the eNMEy owners,.... TechT's loss

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 10-02-2013 at 08:56 PM.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 PM #16
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Guys I may take a look at making you a bolt if the demand is there. I won't be able to look to close at it till after World Cup maybe early Nov. Just too many projects going right now.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM #17
SilentBall55

The eNMEy is a great shooting mech spool marker lacks efficiency. According the the video that RogueShooter did, an extra pod alone justifies buying an upgrade bolt.

I already have a Boss bolt in my Axe, so I trust their products.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 10-02-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 PM #18
Henchman

I've tried every bot. The only one that makes a difference is the Techt level 6
Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 AM #19
SilentBall55

The TechT L6 discontinued and replace by the L7 which does not work on the eNMEy only.

I am sure the Boss bolt can match and maybe beat the L6 performance. Someone has to do it.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 10-03-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 AM #20
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
The TechT L6 discontinued and replace by the L7 which does not work on the eNMEy only.

I am sure the Boss bolt can match and maybe beat the L6 performance. Someone has to do it.
When did Boss make a bolt for Ion-based markers? Or are they in the process of making one now?

Edit: Derp, missed the last couple of posts.

Anyway, from what I understand TechT's reluctance to bring back the L6 is due to patent issues with DYE. It's not quite clear whether the patent in question is still valid or not, but I don't really blame them for not wanting to test their luck, as I'm sure DYE has quite a bit more money in the legal war chest than TechT does.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM #21
SilentBall55

If the patent was an issue, the Ion L7, and Matrix/Proto bolts would be covered as well.

I would think TechT has no desire to support the eNMEy.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 10-04-2013 at 06:43 AM.