Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-12-2015, 01:07 AM #1
xzmba

GoG Extcy

I was thinking of ordering a GoG Extcy once i sell my planet eclipse ego 08, i just prefer spoolies and my ego is problematic. I just loved my ion (i have a mech ion project im working on) and i hear the extcy is basically an ion with all the upgrades that i need except for a barrel. What do you guys think of it? Also, i hear its being discontinued, will the parts still be available via warranty?
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2015, 06:55 AM #2
SilentBall55

GOG has discontinued all their guns except the eNMEy. They say new guns are coming out someday????
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:37 AM #3
Morpheus78

The Extcy is discontinued, but you can still buy the remnant of them new from various online retailers.

The major part that you will probably need access to is the solenoid as they have a tendency to crack and leak after a time. Gog has indicated on here recently that they will not be running out of solenoids anytime soon. I would have no qualms about ordering an Extcy as I love mine. It is fully upgraded and I am building another. Just make sure to have a spare solenoid in the bag if need be, they are cake to swap out and are cheap. I have never had an issue from Gog getting a solenoid replaced or any other part for that matter.

You wont get a lot of Oooo and ahhhhs at the field with one, but when anyone with a high end tells me its a crappy plastic gun I give it to them and say "go ahead, shoot it!" People are always impressed by it, and have had people ask if they could play with it for a few games. To me, its a nice "sleeper marker" looks low end, but can easily hold its own with the big boys and take a beating. I have owned many nice markers, but out of them all, I have always owned an Extcy and mine has a permanent place in my gearbag.

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark

Last edited by Morpheus78 : 01-12-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Morpheus78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:47 AM #4
Punisher068

I think the Extcy is the best all around marker for the price.There are several significant differences between it and an Ion XE
I've found the Extcy noid to be more consistent FPS wise but it is easily damaged by overpressurization.If GoG had added a pressure gauge I don't think it would be much of any issue
The Ion(XE)noid is much tougher and cycles faster,just make sure you don't crank the top 2 gripscrews and remove the battery before disassembly or you can damage the board.The XE has alot more options for trigger and gripframe.
Personally I still like the original Ion for all the options for bodies and other aftermarket parts.If you're familiar with the breakdown and are used to it maintenance isnt much more difficult than its newer BOB brothers it's also way superior if you're doing mods as the can&breech are 2 piece
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:22 PM #5
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus78 View Post
Gog has indicated on here recently that they will not be running out of solenoids anytime soon.
I hope they plan on making more to support the lifetime warranty on all the eXTCy 's sold. Including mine!

I got this strange feeling we won't be seeing any more electros coming from GOG. This is one way they don't have to pay any royalties to Kee to use electronics. The eNMEy could be all they have until the patent expires.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 01-12-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:39 PM #6
Morpheus78

They keep saying there will be others. I still have hope.

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

Old 01-12-2015, 08:46 PM #7
SilentBall55

I doubt any more electros will be made until the patent expires.

Betcha the only marker will be the eNMEy .50 and that is it.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:10 PM #8
xzmba

I hope i get my ego sold so i can snag myself an extcy before they run out.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:34 AM #9
SilentBall55

It is possible you may see mech versions of the G1 and balanced valve spoolie. This way GOG can generate revenue until the electro patent expires.

When that day comes, watch out. The market will be flooded with electros new companies.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:57 AM #10
Morpheus78

When does said patent expire?

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM #11
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus78 View Post
When does said patent expire?
15 years after grant date.

I think new patents now expire 20 years but the cost of filing is higher to reflect the longer expiry period.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 01-13-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:16 PM #12
Morpheus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
15 years after grant date.

I think new patents now expire 20 years but the cost of filing is higher to reflect the longer expiry period.
If your correct its gunna be a long wait I take it

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM #13
SilentBall55

I think others need to chime in here on the SP patent dates.

I believe that the patent was dated 1999, which means it is about to expire within the next 3 to 5 years.

Really not too far off.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:41 PM #14
xzmba

So ion or gog extcy?
Old 01-14-2015, 07:44 AM #15
Morpheus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmba View Post
So ion or gog extcy?
Given warranty and the fact that it has lighter weight and the advances, I am still going to say Extcy. Your going to want to get a Violent trigger for it though. I love both platforms, but personally have been happier with my Extcy.
Negatives are that their resale is not all that great if you purchased new and their solenoids are not as robust (I just keep a spare).

The Ion if you dont care about the weight or warranty. Slightly more complex maintenance if you don't get an XE. It seems that even now you can still get parts and upgrades for them rather easily and full setups can be had for fairly cheap. Solenoids, though are plastic also, are tougher.

It comes down to you and what you want. I personally have owned both and have taken apart my fair share of them and dealt with all the problems that can come with them. I even built a hybrid one with Ion and Extcy parts. At the end of the day I stuck with the Extcy, and I have fully upgraded it and I have another on the build. I just prefer the lighter weight, the included upgrades, and the better board, banjo and hose format. I feel it is less prone to issues in my experience.

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

Old 01-15-2015, 04:48 PM #16
Mentalhop

I have an Extcy that I bought in 2012 and have used it countless times. I also own a 2K2 Autococker, two Shockers, JT Impulse, GOG Envy and an Empire Sniper. The Extcy has been the most reliable of all of my markers. It's the gun I bring mainly as a backup or for friends and it never gives me a problem. It shoots great, but I do advise you to grab a Violent trigger for it, along with new fittings and macroline. I have had to replace the solenoid but it's a simple fix. I wish I had extra money to buy that Ego 8 from you though.
Mentalhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:55 PM #17
SilentBall55

The eXTCy has a great shot and being so cheap, I can play hard never worry about scratching. At the end of the day, I had a lot of fun. The only pet peeve is the body windows that allow dirt and paint get into it. I stop taking it a part after each game to clean them out.

With my other alum nicely ano guns, I was more care not to bang it up and it does affect how aggressive you play.

So a good performing cheap gun has benefits!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:34 AM #18
Morpheus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
The eXTCy has a great shot and being so cheap, I can play hard never worry about scratching. At the end of the day, I had a lot of fun. The only pet peeve is the body windows that allow dirt and paint get into it. I stop taking it a part after each game to clean them out.

With my other alum nicely ano guns, I was more care not to bang it up and it does affect how aggressive you play.

So a good performing cheap gun has benefits!
Yes! That is a big one with my Extcy. I have no fear playing hard with my Extcy because they are plastic bodied. I am not afraid to bang them around a little and if there is too much damage you can always just order another body kit and move on. Its comical watching me crawl through the snake with a nice shiny annodized marker. I will specifically turn my wrist inward so to make sure that bright shiny marker does not touch the ground and get a scratch. If I do scratch one.... the obscenities fly!

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

Old 01-16-2015, 10:28 PM #19
xzmba

Wait The Real Question Is, Extcy Vs Shocker Nxt, I was offered one for my ego 08. really not sure not too familiar with shockers though, I hear they are poor man's luxes
Old 01-17-2015, 07:24 AM #20
Morpheus78

I have been toying with the idea of getting a shocker but never have. I have always been able to get my unbalanced spools to be as smooth as balanced spools like the DM or shocker, and there is no LPR to play with. Given this, I prefer the simpler design of the unbalanced spool...less to go wrong. I do know the luxe and vanquish are based on the shocker design and they shoot amazing from what I have seen.

Macdev Drone 2
Custom Extcy
2015 Axe Pro

Old 01-17-2015, 09:36 AM #21
StreetfighterX
Don't mess with an Imp

StreetfighterX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmba View Post
Wait The Real Question Is, Extcy Vs Shocker Nxt, I was offered one for my ego 08. really not sure not too familiar with shockers though, I hear they are poor man's luxes
Anyone who says that is uninformed in the history of marker evolution. It's more like Shockers are the grandfather of Luxes.