Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2014, 07:30 PM #1
JabzXtreme
 
 
JabzXtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Ripped off

So I bought an eXCTy from Ans.

Came and the box says 2010 - ok whatever.
The plastic part of the case where the buckle snaps is broken - ok whatever.

Aired up the gun and it leaks out of what seems to be the solenoid - alright now I have to call GoG and have them fix it after buying the brand new gun.

Email GoG Warranty directly, submitted a contact support request, an RMA, and then called them today at about 11am (hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri)...

Press 3 for technical support and warranty. ok - 3

Some lady answers like a space cadet and says "Um there's no technicians here so there's no one to help you because I don't know anything"

Me - "Ok well do you know when they'll be available? I just bought a brand new eXCTy that is leaking out of the box and the company won't exchange or return it so I need to have it warrantied"

Her - "Um the whole building is out at a tournament, there won't be anyone here for a couple weeks"

Me - "WOW... That's pretty ridiculous, you're a company that makes paintball guns, sells them, repairs them, defective mind you - then there's not a single technician working to help your customers? So you're basically telling me I just wasted $250 of my very hard earned money on a defective product with no company to stand behind it?"

Her - "They'll be back next Tuesday from the Tournament"

Me - "So they just put their company on hold completely while they're out trying to advertise in a tent somewhere else with not even 1 representative handling the support and repairs of your guns... Wow... should of went with Empire."

End Call - So mad / upset I'm in a state of shock. I made the wrong decision buying GoG, then getting F'ed hard.'

Edit: A salesperson named Dave got in touch with me and sent me a new solenoid, took about a week. Leak fixed and played with it for the first time. Chrono'd it in at 287-304 or so, pretty wide spread but I hope it just needs to be broken in. Shot good but ran out of air with my 48/3000 tank on only a Hopper and about 2 pods. My loader also broke that day and had to leave early because shaking was ruining my day. Hoping my solenoid doesn't go again, but I'm looking into a QEV upgrade (like everybody who owns an ion marker :-\)

Last edited by JabzXtreme : 06-25-2014 at 07:35 PM.
JabzXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2014, 08:38 PM #2
georgeyew
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
That's pretty crappy. That's one of the many reasons why I don't deal with ANS. They are happy to take your money but will not assume any responsibility after they have your money. I am disappointed to hear that the whole GOG company is on hold for a tournament. Good luck. I hope that you can figure out the problem with the marker so you don't have to wait too long.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:10 PM #3
nerve2030
 
 
nerve2030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Beaver Falls PA
Hum thats strange I ordered some new enemy valves on Monday they arrived today. Someone must be around?
__________________
Currently on hiatus...

but first a big sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post85159673
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:14 AM #4
JabzXtreme
 
 
JabzXtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerve2030 View Post
Hum thats strange I ordered some new enemy valves on Monday they arrived today. Someone must be around?
Yea the sales lady that packs the boxes.
JabzXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 AM #5
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com
 
GOG Paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Latrobe PA
Annual Supporting Member
GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
No, acutely she just collects payments and ships repairs and warranty items. I do apologize for what happened there and I discussed your situation with her and next time when we get a call like yours they will be transferred to sales so we can help that customer the best that we can.

We will have at least one tech back from vacation on Monday the 23rd. This stuff normally doesn't happen but when your a smaller company it gets hectic around tournaments and shows.

I already sent the parts to fix your extcy yesterday so hopefully you can use your new marker this weekend. If you have any questions installing the new solenoid I sent you, you can call sales or ext 2001 and ask for Dave or just hit me up through email.

Thanks
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 AM #6
Punisher068
 
 
Punisher068's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
Usually GoG has great service
As for ANS…
Funny coincidence that most posts about problem GoG guns have come from there
While I think any new gun purchased from any manufacturer or retail store should work out of the box it always best to strip down your gun,relube everything,set the reg to the lowest setting and retune and reset everything
The grease for most modern guns tends to cake up and become worthless after sitting for a long period of time.Plus you never know what some idiot sitting bored in a wherehouse will mess with
__________________
ballin' since '95
Marauders Paintball
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM #7
PB Innovations
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG Paintball View Post
No, acutely she just collects payments and ships repairs and warranty items. I do apologize for what happened there and I discussed your situation with her and next time when we get a call like yours they will be transferred to sales so we can help that customer the best that we can.

We will have at least one tech back from vacation on Monday the 23rd. This stuff normally doesn't happen but when your a smaller company it gets hectic around tournaments and shows.

I already sent the parts to fix your extcy yesterday so hopefully you can use your new marker this weekend. If you have any questions installing the new solenoid I sent you, you can call sales or ext 2001 and ask for Dave or just hit me up through email.

Thanks
Dave's the Man!
__________________
Make Your .68 Caliber Marker Multi-Caliber-Ask Us How!
Don
Paintball Innovations
50 Caliber Solutions for the Field Owner
www.paintballinnovations.com
PB Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:30 AM #8
Punisher068
 
 
Punisher068's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
^^Well there good customer service for you
A small request to GoG(and other spoolie manufacturers) from someone who has used Ion platforms from day 1,PLEASE (RE)ADD PRESSURE GAUGES TO YOUR GUNS!!
For testing and tuning it makes things much easier,would prevent alot of damaged solenoids from overpressurization.
I've found most problems with low pressure spoolies could be avoided by knowing the OP,"gauge bounce" is also a good indicator of drop off\ recharge rate
While I always use a homemade reg tester to preset my regs before starting builds myself most players don't have one.
__________________
ballin' since '95
Marauders Paintball
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 AM #9
Woodsie1
Woodsball
 
Woodsie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Antonio
Woodsie1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a similiar issue with ans gear. I bought a freak barrel it arrived damaged and I couldn't return it. They said to claim for warranty. I then proceeded to gog and it was a pain in the a(; to get a simple reply. 3 days later they asked me to ship to them I did standard shipping. Package "never made" it there. So I was out a freak back. But no worries I just switched to PE.
Woodsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:24 PM #10
RTG_ZeUs_17
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG Paintball View Post
No, acutely she just collects payments and ships repairs and warranty items. I do apologize for what happened there and I discussed your situation with her and next time when we get a call like yours they will be transferred to sales so we can help that customer the best that we can.

We will have at least one tech back from vacation on Monday the 23rd. This stuff normally doesn't happen but when your a smaller company it gets hectic around tournaments and shows.

I already sent the parts to fix your extcy yesterday so hopefully you can use your new marker this weekend. If you have any questions installing the new solenoid I sent you, you can call sales or ext 2001 and ask for Dave or just hit me up through email.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabzXtreme View Post
So I bought an eXCTy from Ans.

Came and the box says 2010 - ok whatever.
The plastic part of the case where the buckle snaps is broken - ok whatever.

Aired up the gun and it leaks out of what seems to be the solenoid - alright now I have to call GoG and have them fix it after buying the brand new gun.

Email GoG Warranty directly, submitted a contact support request, an RMA, and then called them today at about 11am (hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri)...

Press 3 for technical support and warranty. ok - 3

Some lady answers like a space cadet and says "Um there's no technicians here so there's no one to help you because I don't know anything"

Me - "Ok well do you know when they'll be available? I just bought a brand new eXCTy that is leaking out of the box and the company won't exchange or return it so I need to have it warrantied"

Her - "Um the whole building is out at a tournament, there won't be anyone here for a couple weeks"

Me - "WOW... That's pretty ridiculous, you're a company that makes paintball guns, sells them, repairs them, defective mind you - then there's not a single technician working to help your customers? So you're basically telling me I just wasted $250 of my very hard earned money on a defective product with no company to stand behind it?"

Her - "They'll be back next Tuesday from the Tournament"

Me - "So they just put their company on hold completely while they're out trying to advertise in a tent somewhere else with not even 1 representative handling the support and repairs of your guns... Wow... should of went with Empire."

End Call - So mad / upset I'm in a state of shock. I made the wrong decision buying GoG, then getting F'ed hard.
Dave is a great guy, and GoG makes some great products. Like they said they're a small company and its difficult to pay that many employees in a tech department, and their most expensive gun is 250 bucks. You have to wait a few days, big deal. Its not like they blew you off or nobody answered. You just happened to catch them at a busy time of year.

I just spoke with dave all week about my extcy, and he had consulted my issues and needs, made some arrangements with some people who were hundreds of miles away, and still got the parts I needed in my hands all within this week. Thees people are doing everything they can to keep the sport and the company alive.
__________________
Lincoln Outdoor Center:
Ninja paintball and Empire Dealer

GoG eXtcy: Virtue Board, more to come!

Spyder Pilot ACS: Supafly bolt, Virtue Board, Dye stickies, J&J 2pc, rap4(POS!) clamping feedneck

Tippmann 98c "WIP"
RTG_ZeUs_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 AM #11
mmaengine
 
 
mmaengine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Central Masss
mmaengine has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG_ZeUs_17 View Post
Dave is a great guy, and GoG makes some great products. Like they said they're a small company and its difficult to pay that many employees in a tech department, and their most expensive gun is 250 bucks. You have to wait a few days, big deal. Its not like they blew you off or nobody answered. You just happened to catch them at a busy time of year.

I just spoke with dave all week about my extcy, and he had consulted my issues and needs, made some arrangements with some people who were hundreds of miles away, and still got the parts I needed in my hands all within this week. Thees people are doing everything they can to keep the sport and the company alive.
Quote:
"Originally Posted by GOG Paintball View Post
No, acutely she just collects payments and ships repairs and warranty items. I do apologize for what happened there and I discussed your situation with her and next time when we get a call like yours they will be transferred to sales so we can help that customer the best that we can.

We will have at least one tech back from vacation on Monday the 23rd. This stuff normally doesn't happen but when your a smaller company it gets hectic around tournaments and shows.

I already sent the parts to fix your extcy yesterday so hopefully you can use your new marker this weekend. If you have any questions installing the new solenoid I sent you, you can call sales or ext 2001 and ask for Dave or just hit me up through email.

Thanks"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quote:
Originally Posted by JabzXtreme View Post
So I bought an eXCTy from Ans.

Came and the box says 2010 - ok whatever.
The plastic part of the case where the buckle snaps is broken - ok whatever.

Aired up the gun and it leaks out of what seems to be the solenoid - alright now I have to call GoG and have them fix it after buying the brand new gun.

Email GoG Warranty directly, submitted a contact support request, an RMA, and then called them today at about 11am (hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri)...

Press 3 for technical support and warranty. ok - 3

Some lady answers like a space cadet and says "Um there's no technicians here so there's no one to help you because I don't know anything"

Me - "Ok well do you know when they'll be available? I just bought a brand new eXCTy that is leaking out of the box and the company won't exchange or return it so I need to have it warrantied"

Her - "Um the whole building is out at a tournament, there won't be anyone here for a couple weeks"

Me - "WOW... That's pretty ridiculous, you're a company that makes paintball guns, sells them, repairs them, defective mind you - then there's not a single technician working to help your customers? So you're basically telling me I just wasted $250 of my very hard earned money on a defective product with no company to stand behind it?"

Her - "They'll be back next Tuesday from the Tournament"

Me - "So they just put their company on hold completely while they're out trying to advertise in a tent somewhere else with not even 1 representative handling the support and repairs of your guns... Wow... should of went with Empire."

End Call - So mad / upset I'm in a state of shock. I made the wrong decision buying GoG, then getting F'ed hard."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a similar issue with a new GOG G1. I bought a G1 with the BH board from ANSGEAR. Gassed up the gun, turn it on, try to fire, and nothing happens. I had a cheap 9v in the gun so I run out and buy a Durracell Quantum 9V. Still nothing but the slight sound of the trigger actuating the firing contact on the board. Of course I call ANS and they basically (politely) tell me to go F$&8 myself and recommend calling GOG. I Sent the gun back on an RMA and 3 days ago I get a message that my gun is ready and that I just need to pay for the outstanding labor charge and they'll get the gun right back out to me. I have responded inquiring why there would be any charge for repairs on a new out of the box gun that does fire (which I clearly stated in my RMA)? If anything I would have expected some sort of compensation for not being able to use my new marker for the end of the fall season, or they offer to send me a new marker that isn't defective or perhaps just a profuse apology for their disgraceful quality control practices. Guess my expectations were wrong.

Frankly I don't care if the gun cost 250 or 2000, it should absolutely work right out of the box. I don't see any forums on sub $200 Tippmanns not working out of the box. Price isn't the issue, it's commitment to quality. As for being a small company....boo hoo...what that means to me is that they need to pay better attention to detail, provide superior quality and world class service so that they can be competitive with the big boys. Not doing that has definitely cost them my future business which makes me sad because I do like their products on the rare occasions that they do work.

As for ANS, their service is a joke, down right disgraceful but their prices (from what I have seen) are better than other online retails and significantly better than the small local paintball shops in my area. As much as I depise them, I just purchased a Guerrilla Air Cf 45 tank from them because it was 25% cheaper than the other guys but I did so with my eyes wide open knowing that if I have an issue that I will be calling Guerrilla, not ANS (Almost No Service) Gear. Knowing Guerrilla is a very high quality product is what gave me the confidence to purchase through ANS but I will definitely be careful on what I buy from them in the future and you can bet that I will never purchase anything from ALMOST NO SERVICE that is the not cheapest price by a significant margin.
__________________
Good work Muddogs. You feel that tingle in your gonads? Welcome to the next level. You have been Bobbycied. You have been dukellated."Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story.

Last edited by mmaengine : 12-04-2014 at 01:17 AM.
mmaengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 AM #12
Goblin770
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: CT
Qev

I have the proto and its the almost same gun and same solenoid . The GOG QEV with the blue air tube is the one you want from ANS gear lol it works really well ,and had the same problem as you . My gun leaked out of the box , took me a week to fix it myself .
So far the only gun i bought ( and i bought 4 in the past month) is the PLANET ECLIPS ETECH 4 . Worked perfect out of the box , but i did tear it apart to check to see it was lubed . But its also 450.00 . So i guess the 250 and under guns are buy at your own risk and not get a working gun but looks nice in the box LOL
PROVE ME WRONG MANUFACTURES and i will apologise to all .
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjaox5IndNg
Goblin770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:02 PM #13
mmaengine
 
 
mmaengine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Central Masss
mmaengine has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GOG standing behind thier products

Quote:
I have a similar issue with a new GOG G1. I bought a G1 with the BH board from ANSGEAR. Gassed up the gun, turn it on, try to fire, and nothing happens. I had a cheap 9v in the gun so I run out and buy a Durracell Quantum 9V. Still nothing but the slight sound of the trigger actuating the firing contact on the board. Of course I call ANS and they basically (politely) tell me to go F$&8 myself and recommend calling GOG. I Sent the gun back on an RMA and 3 days ago I get a message that my gun is ready and that I just need to pay for the outstanding labor charge and they'll get the gun right back out to me. I have responded inquiring why there would be any charge for repairs on a new out of the box gun that does fire (which I clearly stated in my RMA)? If anything I would have expected some sort of compensation for not being able to use my new marker for the end of the fall season, or they offer to send me a new marker that isn't defective or perhaps just a profuse apology for their disgraceful quality control practices. Guess my expectations were wrong.

Frankly I don't care if the gun cost 250 or 2000, it should absolutely work right out of the box. I don't see any forums on sub $200 Tippmanns not working out of the box. Price isn't the issue, it's commitment to quality. As for being a small company....boo hoo...what that means to me is that they need to pay better attention to detail, provide superior quality and world class service so that they can be competitive with the big boys. Not doing that has definitely cost them my future business which makes me sad because I do like their products on the rare occasions that they do work.

As for ANS, their service is a joke, down right disgraceful but their prices (from what I have seen) are better than other online retails and significantly better than the small local paintball shops in my area. As much as I depise them, I just purchased a Guerrilla Air Cf 45 tank from them because it was 25% cheaper than the other guys but I did so with my eyes wide open knowing that if I have an issue that I will be calling Guerrilla, not ANS (Almost No Service) Gear. Knowing Guerrilla is a very high quality product is what gave me the confidence to purchase through ANS but I will definitely be careful on what I buy from them in the future and you can bet that I will never purchase anything from ALMOST NO SERVICE that is the not cheapest price by a significant margin.
Update: GOG did not charge me for the repairs to my marker so I will say that they stand behind their products. Thier QC still sucks but there is something to be said for standing behind your products.
__________________
Good work Muddogs. You feel that tingle in your gonads? Welcome to the next level. You have been Bobbycied. You have been dukellated."Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story.
mmaengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:45 AM #14
Morpheus78
 
 
Morpheus78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island
Its because the solenoids are plastic they are very fragile. Get a spare if you plan to keep it. They are easy enough to swap out between games.

I hope that Gog comes out with an metal solenoid in their new releases next year. Properly tuned with the right bolt,qev, and trigger...that extcy will shoot like a Luxe. Mine does!
__________________
FUTURE G6R goes here!
Custom Extcy
Gog Enmey

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark
Morpheus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:21 PM #15
tennispro01
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
I feel the same way.

I recently bought a gog extcy and it came with a bad on/off asa knob o-ring. no big deal. except ive been trying to get in contact with gog for the past three weeks. the one time i got a hold of someone they transferred me to sales where i was told id get a call back, but that didn't happen. Three weeks of emails and voice messages that I left and no one has helped me with this o-ring. im just about done with trying to get help form gog and im thinking about just spending some more money on a rebuild kit so I can just get the o-ring and play before it gets too cold over here in illinois.
tennispro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:34 PM #16
Morpheus78
 
 
Morpheus78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennispro01 View Post
I recently bought a gog extcy and it came with a bad on/off asa knob o-ring. no big deal. except ive been trying to get in contact with gog for the past three weeks. the one time i got a hold of someone they transferred me to sales where i was told id get a call back, but that didn't happen. Three weeks of emails and voice messages that I left and no one has helped me with this o-ring. im just about done with trying to get help form gog and im thinking about just spending some more money on a rebuild kit so I can just get the o-ring and play before it gets too cold over here in illinois.
I use their online support portal for service and its never failed me. As for the oring in the asa, those go. You should have spares anyway for those. If you grease the oring it will last longer and help seal. DOW55 works best for me as it swells that oring a little for a better seal. Just get a 3 or 5 oring rebuild kit for the marker, they are cheap and you will need them either way.
__________________
FUTURE G6R goes here!
Custom Extcy
Gog Enmey

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark
Morpheus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:02 AM #17
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com
 
GOG Paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Latrobe PA
Annual Supporting Member
GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennispro01 View Post
I recently bought a gog extcy and it came with a bad on/off asa knob o-ring. no big deal. except ive been trying to get in contact with gog for the past three weeks. the one time i got a hold of someone they transferred me to sales where i was told id get a call back, but that didn't happen. Three weeks of emails and voice messages that I left and no one has helped me with this o-ring. im just about done with trying to get help form gog and im thinking about just spending some more money on a rebuild kit so I can just get the o-ring and play before it gets too cold over here in illinois.
Shoot me a pm with your name and address
__________________
Stores and Fields: To order your free trial set of two eNMEys, hoppers, tanks and 500 rounds of paint, contact GoG Paintball at (724) 520 8690.
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:29 PM #18
tennispro01
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
sorry, ive got to get 5 posts in ill pm you soon hopefully!!

Last edited by tennispro01 : 12-15-2014 at 11:38 PM.
tennispro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump