Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM #1
Pest64

GoG extcy air leak from handle

Hi there, I have noticed a small hissing noise coming from the handle of my extcy (the battery compartment) when then the HPA is attached. I took it to a vendor at Oklahoma D Day and he informed me that it was a leaking solenoid and that I would need to replace both the solenoid and the board because they were attached. I've owned the gun for a little over 12 months, maybe close to 16 but I haven't put it through much use so the warranty is no longer available.

Has anyone else experienced this?

- Side note, I am from Canada.
Pest64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:28 AM #2
RogueShooter

I wouldn't go back to that Vendor since he's clearly clueless.

Solenoids are around $30 and can be replaced without replacing the board. Call or email GOG for help. Even if the gun is out of warranty they can still help you out with diagnosing and repairing the issue.

There's also the possibility it is one of the hoses to/from the solenoid leaking and not the solenoid itself. I've owned half a dozen GOG guns and I've never had a solenoid leak, but have had a hose here or there that didn't want to seal on it's respective barb.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind

Last edited by RogueShooter : 07-11-2013 at 08:55 PM.
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM #3
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Annual Supporting Member
Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
yea, you dont need to replace the board, just the solenoid. the solenoid can easiky be removed from the board. just purchase a new solenoid and replace it. its rather easy.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM #4
quattroginger

Wish I would found this topic before. Having exact same problem. After tracking for long time the air is coming from the screw holes of my solenoid
quattroginger is offline   Reply With Quote