PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 AM #1
CaballoDiablo

CaballoDiablo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Splatball

Hey guys got a few buddy's to go play at splat on Sunday they have free admission. Is this place jus a dump ? I just want to ball this winter but am wondering what's going on?
BOB LONG INSIGHT BCA #1/5
CaballoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM #2
Schuttsr1

Its not so bad. If you have been to AA you may be alittle disapointed. Just bring a pair of shoes with some good traction. Hopefully you wont be the only ones there.
I will be there next week but Im bringing a bunch of noobs. If I took them to AA they may never want to play again.
Schuttsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:05 PM #3
buzzdragon
honeybadgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaballoDiablo View Post
Hey guys got a few buddy's to go play at splat on Sunday they have free admission. Is this place jus a dump ? I just want to ball this winter but am wondering what's going on?
if you've purchased the 2012 season pass then you can chose to play from four location:

1). air assault paintball - maple plain - indoor field
2). splatball - minneapolis - indoor field
3). appg - jordan - outdoor field
4). splatball - rogers - outdoor field

you can't compare apple and orange between aaf and splatball at the indoor because they are just different.

aaf is pure speedball with bright lighting for players who love to improve their skill in field like tournament by psp. yes, it allows me to bunker an opponent player. of course, it is also great place for inexperience players who enjoy it as recreation for just fun in different groups.

splatball is hybrid and great for inexperience players who like the mystery to hide and to shoot plus enjoy to be laid back. it perhaps is not good idea for you to bunker any player since they are inexperience players. you need to check with splatball's policy first. this place is not right for hard-core baller who love to bunker an player like it is world cup tournament.
don't care
buzzdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:28 PM #4
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Last I was there Splatball had an automatic surrender rule for both aggressor and the approached. I forget the distance.

I personally would not bring a new group of people there if it looks the same as it did about a year ago. A bad experience (whether it's poor field conditions or overly aggressive open play) is still a bad experience.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:06 PM #5
AAF

Annual Supporting Member
AAF is an Premier field/store owner
AAF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Rising View Post
Last I was there Splatball had an automatic surrender rule for both aggressor and the approached. I forget the distance.

I personally would not bring a new group of people there if it looks the same as it did about a year ago. A bad experience (whether it's poor field conditions or overly aggressive open play) is still a bad experience.
Splat-Ball downtown is completely different since APPG took over. We have turf and a Mighty Air concept field. It is night and day from last year.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM #6
CaballoDiablo

Well I hope it's good I am looking forward to it !
Old 01-19-2012, 04:17 PM #7
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF View Post
Splat-Ball downtown is completely different since APPG took over. We have turf and a Mighty Air concept field. It is night and day from last year.
Very pleased to hear that! I was a little apprehensive at first when I heard APPG was purchasing it. But, if anyone can clean that place up, APPG and AAF would be the ones to do so.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:45 PM #8
BearsBeets08

Splatball Mpls has been renovated with "turf" floor, and a Mighty "urban" field. So if you havent been there since July, it is a completely new place and feel. The crowd that come are more rec. ball players and are usually just learning the game.

In order to take advantage of the free admissions deal, you must "Like" the Splatball Incorporated page on Facebook, print out the page and bring it in.
BearsBeets08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:32 PM #9
CaballoDiablo

Was overall satisfied, red wad awesome and the field wAs nice. Only hope next time I go there's more people !
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 PM #10
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaballoDiablo View Post
Was overall satisfied, red wad awesome and the field wAs nice. Only hope next time I go there's more people !
Let me know when you plan on going again and I can guarantee at least two more players. It would be my nephew's first time, and AA is a bit too hard core for that.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:59 PM #11
Schuttsr1

Ill be there with a few first timers on the 29th. If you need someone to play with. Getting alot of people down there would be crazy!
Schuttsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups