Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-21-2011, 06:26 PM #22
Unactive
SNOW WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

Unactive is playing at Living Legends V
Unactive owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unactive is for the Gunfight
It's really up to you, as most of the other posts have said already, go to your local field and ask to see if you can test out some other guns. I'm more of a poppit fan but I'd still shoot my geo every now and then also.
Unactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 PM #23
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've read the threads and there is alot of good information and alot of ****, which I guess is normal.

Almost every gun out there is just as reliable as the next if you take care of it. Spools are not less reliable, they just require you to know how the gun works and how to maintain it. there are more orings, and lube is more critical, but if you wipe down the bolt every 6 cases or so, and apply fresh lube, your orings will last years (as would they in a poppit).

Poppits by design are more efficient, but there are spools that can be better then most and close to the most efficient poppits out there. Macdev comes to mind.

The pmr is not a piece of crap, yes, the lack of an LPR is a letdown, but let's look at the problems listed:
stripped back cap = USER ERROR
Leaking =User Error / lack of knowledge of the importance of cleaning

Stay away from SLG, even proto/dye gave up on that platform.

I prefer spools, I am not scared of orings, but it's all personal choice to which you prefer. You really have to shoot the marker you are interested in to see if you like it. In the chicagoland area if anyone wants to try out a macdev marker, try mine out anytime i am free because spending 400 and up on a marker that you have not tried is pretty stupid.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:37 PM #24
cire83
RETIRED KILLER

cire83 supports Team VICIOUS
cire83 plays in the APPA D5 division
cire83 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
I've read the threads and there is alot of good information and alot of ****, which I guess is normal.

Almost every gun out there is just as reliable as the next if you take care of it. Spools are not less reliable, they just require you to know how the gun works and how to maintain it. there are more orings, and lube is more critical, but if you wipe down the bolt every 6 cases or so, and apply fresh lube, your orings will last years (as would they in a poppit).

Poppits by design are more efficient, but there are spools that can be better then most and close to the most efficient poppits out there. Macdev comes to mind.

The pmr is not a piece of crap, yes, the lack of an LPR is a letdown, but let's look at the problems listed:
stripped back cap = USER ERROR
Leaking =User Error / lack of knowledge of the importance of cleaning

Stay away from SLG, even proto/dye gave up on that platform.

I prefer spools, I am not scared of orings, but it's all personal choice to which you prefer. You really have to shoot the marker you are interested in to see if you like it. In the chicagoland area if anyone wants to try out a macdev marker, try mine out anytime i am free because spending 400 and up on a marker that you have not tried is pretty stupid.

very well said.... I personally shoot a Empire Axe. I love it, shoots great. But I have nothing against spools. I like the Macdev markers, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
Cleaning is of the utmost importance regardless of which marker you buy. Taking the time to learn how to properly clean the marker, and doing it on a regular bases will only prolong the life of the marker and give you more hours of fun at the field playing instead of fixing a broken beatup marker.

lastly a good barrel is just as important if not more important the then marker itself.IMO Match the paint to the proper bore size and a decent marker can become a awesome shooting marker.

'12 BOB LONG G6R

JESUS FREAK
cire83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 PM #25
CarsonRemchuk

CarsonRemchuk plays in the PSP
CarsonRemchuk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CarsonRemchuk supports Team VICIOUS
CarsonRemchuk supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cire83 View Post
very well said.... I personally shoot a Empire Axe. I love it, shoots great. But I have nothing against spools. I like the Macdev markers, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
Cleaning is of the utmost importance regardless of which marker you buy. Taking the time to learn how to properly clean the marker, and doing it on a regular bases will only prolong the life of the marker and give you more hours of fun at the field playing instead of fixing a broken beatup marker.

lastly a good barrel is just as important if not more important the then marker itself.IMO Match the paint to the proper bore size and a decent marker can become a awesome shooting marker.
Agreed, I love my Axe. For the budget he is looking for, an Axe is great or cheaper buy a Mini
Exalt
Kick'N Paintball Park
GSL Owner Serial 716
CarsonRemchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:47 PM #26
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I like poppets, can't tell you why I just love the way most poppets feel in the hands in comparison to spool valves. My favorite poppet would have to be my G6R, has just the right amount of kick to know I am shooting, but not enough to make my gun go all over the place. Also I would prefer a working gun over a non- working one, can't tell you the amount of times a spool valve like a luxe has gone down at my field.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:06 AM #27
Server92

Server92 plays in the APPA D5 division
Server92 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Server92 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Server92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dude you opened a can of worms. Let me start with the fact I only read the first 3 posts.

Second is if your marker has PSP and semi auto then it will work fine for now its a good starter marker. I know its not the best but it will work. So this takes me to my next point focus on being able actually play a new marker can be expensive and may cut in to your paying funds. Then comes the issue of gear get GOOD GEAR. Dye rotor, 68/4500 tank, solid mask ect. Ect...

Now ill get to the the question. The only way to pick is to actually try the markers. They each have a different feel and that's what you need to base your decicion on. Witch is most comfortable for you. I also advice that you pick a marker that you like! Forget about price range and if you need to wait then just wait its important to remember if you want to upgrade now and you get a gun your now extramy happy with then you'll want to upgrade again.
Server92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 PM #28
Eno27

I play woodsball a lot so i like the quietness of spools
Imagine etek3 in a woodsball game
it's like a canon
Eno27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:58 PM #29
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Poppets are as smooth and quiet as spools are now and spools are as efficient and consistent as poppets.

It's now up to you to find what feels best in your hands.

For me it's kind of this way:

Poppet:
Cockers
Legends
Angels
Promasters
Creeds

Spoolies:
Shockers
PL Framed Ions
Demon (kind of... I think it's a bit too long though)
Droids/Clones
MAGS!

of course, the more guns I use, the more the list will vary, but I've played with over 100 different markers and I kind of like the direction my list is heading.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM #30
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreesquePaintball View Post
I've recently got into paintball about a month ago...
Stay low end for a while and get used to fixing your own gear. You will learn more getting stomped and focusing on the game with your blitz then having a nice fast gun that, when working is just making life easy on you and hurting the learning process. also, learning a new, not to mention high end gun is difficult, why have all those probelems/learning curve when you could just focus on the game as much as possible and continue studying the net like you and plenty of other young new paintballers are

Work on your knowledge of the game and how the guns work first.

You are in the right place and being 'scared' (for lack of a better term) of others at the field with higher fire power is actually something to think of as handicapping yourself and learning faster. Don't get sold so easily on fixing what isn't broke, there are lessons to learn on a rec ball field. Being one month into paintball, I bet you could use a little more time before over complicating the whole situation

.. unless said field owner runs plenty of teams and is prying to help you into tourney paintball? It would be a tough judgement call without knowing the place or the guy directly. Jumping on a rookie oppertunity could be worth it if the guy can teach you and help you avoid the struggles new players have focusing their money into the game, instead of their gearbag.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:48 PM #31
CreesquePaintball
That Stupid Pendejo

CreesquePaintball is playing at Living Legends V
CreesquePaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CreesquePaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A few D2 guys that played at World Cup were at my local field and offered to help me a bit with the tourney scene. Like the owner, they recommended a new marker. It's never too early to learn more about marker mechanics, in my opinion.
CreesquePaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 AM #32
jonathanmanh88

you may also want to look into a dangerous power g3. they can be like pmrzzz because a few upgrades may make them very good markers, but they are really easy to maintain too (2 piece bolt!) if you decide to go with a g3, pm if you need any help . I may not be the best, but I have a g3 "project" marker, with every (I think) upgrade possible haha
also, some of the medium grade stuff I would recommend as well, including an etha or an axe, but of course those cost more, even used. whatever you choose, good luck!
jonathanmanh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM #33
CreesquePaintball
That Stupid Pendejo

CreesquePaintball is playing at Living Legends V
CreesquePaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CreesquePaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmanh88 View Post
you may also want to look into a dangerous power g3. they can be like pmrzzz because a few upgrades may make them very good markers, but they are really easy to maintain too (2 piece bolt!) if you decide to go with a g3, pm if you need any help . I may not be the best, but I have a g3 "project" marker, with every (I think) upgrade possible haha
also, some of the medium grade stuff I would recommend as well, including an etha or an axe, but of course those cost more, even used. whatever you choose, good luck!
Pm'ed
CreesquePaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:25 PM #34
dr.paintball
JON RAMOS. ILLINOIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreesquePaintball
The only thing that kind of turns me off on the mini is the lack of a stock on/off... the only replacement is an $80 dollar ASA that would for sure give my parents heart attacks. They aren't exactly the most supportive when it comes to paintball, even if I use my own cash. I know that for some this isn't a problem, but it's a luxury that I've always wanted and never got around to putting on my blitz.
I don't know if someone already said this but instead of buying the axe reg/Asa thing, cp and new designs both sell an on off exactly for the mini and other guns without on off's, it connects to ur tank
JON RAMOS #37

CHICAGOLAND TRIBE
dr.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 PM #35
brianmaps6781

definently spoolies, but i like poppets reliability and less o rings.
brianmaps6781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 PM #36
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Man oh man, why not ask, who do you like better, your Mom or your Dad?
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 AM #37
PremiumHHH
NBK

PremiumHHH owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PremiumHHH supports Team VICIOUS
PremiumHHH is for the Gunfight
PremiumHHH posts videos on PbNation
PremiumHHH supports Pev's Paintball
PremiumHHH has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
PremiumHHH supports DLX Technology
Poppet vs spool...

I'd have to go with poppet, but the decision on which is better will never end.
upTon187cRew Fan Club #46
RussianLegion Fan Club #1268
TampaBayDamage Fan Club #267
Headband Ballers
G6R Owners Club V4
NBK
PremiumHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:58 PM #38
illusionPB02
TUSKS OUT

Its all preference, I don't judge on a gun on whether its a spoolie or a poppet, you have to actually go to the field and shoot the gun.
illusionPB02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 PM #39
Rj1154

Rj1154 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rj1154 is for the Gunfight
Rj1154 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spoolie FTW!
smoother shoot and much more quite
Rj1154 is offline   Reply With Quote