Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2013, 02:55 PM #1
AndrewK

GOG eXTCy Battery Life [HELP]

I recently purchased a GOG eXTCy and immediately noticed that the battery life was very short.

I used a brand new Energizer Max and the battery went below 50% after one day of play.

I want to know what batteries you guys use for your eXTCy.
And any other tips you may have.

Thanks.
AndrewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 PM #2
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Thats odd. The battery should last much longer than that. Do you take out the battery after use? This is always a good thing to do and prevents corrosion and battery drain
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 AM #3
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
I can give you two tips. The first is just what Danny said. Always take your battery out after you are done playing. Just because your marker isnt turned on, doesn't mean the battery wont drain. Second, use Duracell Procells if you can. They seem to work great in paintball markers.

Barring all of that, just buy a rechargeable and be done with it lol.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM #4
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
AndrewK: I have also experienced several issues with battery life of the extcy marker in the past. At times the marker can be quite the headache, but replacing the battery seemed to solve sooo many of the firing/electrical issues I was having. Talked to some GOG techs over the phone about it, the extcy blackheart board with eyes requires a higher output potential than most marker boards. Although many batteries are listed as 9 volts, their output potential rarely acheives this level. Most average 7.2 volts such as the Duracell line. I have found that using Energizer Max work best in my extcy for a while, as their output poteintal averages 8.6 volts. For big games I would buy an Energizer Lithium ion 9 volt from walmart electronics section and would be issue free for the 2 day senario (if I remembered to remove my battery after play). This marker DRANK batteries like it just had a terrible breakup. Called GOG again and talked about the marker's history and provided some field testing data. The rep recommended their rechargable batteries that can be found on their website. They are special GOG 9 volt batteries they usually sell to field owners, however making this purchase solved all my battery worries. The batteries are rated at 700mah (miliamp hours)!!! Most 9v rechargables (energizer green ones you see at walmart are only 150mah and will not do the job. Since using the GOG 9 volts, the marker LED is always green and I never have to worry about buying another 9v or my marker going down on the field due to low battery (has happened many times during the 3 years I've owned it) This marker was my primary for a very very long time. If I would have known about GOG 9 volts I would have made the purchase long ago and saved many headaches. I believe they are rated at 12,000 shots, Energizer lithum I could get 3.5 cases, I could only get 2 cases out of the energizer max, and bearly a case from a duracell. This of course was just the case with my particular marker and data. I have since replaced the board due to a melted solenoid which may have contributed to the battery drinking problem during the time it was installed.
-welcome to the family
Kansas State Paintball on Facebook
President for Kansas State Paintball Team
KSU PB #22
Proud Vanguard Demon owner
Proud Vanguard Creed owner
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote