Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 07:48 AM #1
Fiskett
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
NT11 not working with reballs.

So, as most of the people that hangs out in the #nt forums probably know I recently got a NT, finally my spacers arrived.

I put in the red spacer and the red flow tip so I would be able to play with reballs.

After about a pod or so, the a 017 Oring (the red oring inside the cylinder) gets way to grassy and makes the NT not cycle and not shooting properly. You can clearly hear the shot, but more of a "floff" sound and no balls rolling out of the barrel.

This can be solved by cleaning the bolt, but cleaning the bolt after a hopper and a pod isn't really that fun.

What can I do to solve this? Except getting a new gun
Fiskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM #2
Blusylver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Not shoot reballs.
__________________
GEAR BAG SALE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3899747
Blusylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 AM #3
PedroBR
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
You mean orange o-ring, right?

It seems that youīre having bolt stick due to low velocity/low pressure. Try to raise the HPR a bit.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 AM #4
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo
 
#1P8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NoVA & Norfolk
#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Why did you make all those changes to your gun just to shoot reballs? I shoot mine just the same way as i would with paintball. The only thing different i did wasthrow in all the spacers in the air chamber to get more shots out of my tank from reduced velocity.

It does sound like your reg pressure is too low.
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM #5
PedroBR
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Yea, it seems that he needed to shoot with lower velocity and in the process he got his hpr too low.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM #6
Fiskett
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Its not really to low velocity, I checked it over the crono and it shoots at about 250, witch shouldn't be a problem?
Fiskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:42 AM #7
PedroBR
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Indeed it looks like your hpr is too low. Open it 1/4 of turn, I believe your problem will go away. At how many fps you need to shoot?

If you open your reg a bit and it solves your problem but then you need to lower your fps to reach the field regulation, we can work this out in other ways other than lowering the hpr.

Last edited by PedroBR : 12-21-2011 at 10:44 AM.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 AM #8
russmoo44
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NOVA
russmoo44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ive heard this from somebody else and it really helped me..

Turn your hpr up until you hear the solenoid starting to vent the excess pressure..then back it off about 1/2 a turn or until you hear the venting stopped

from there your hpr will be set pretty good and you shouldnt be messing with it (especially do not turn it down)..the nt is verrrrrrry pressure sensitive..like others have said, if you are shooting reballs and need to get the velocity down, throw all of the spacers in with the spacer body and thatll drop it down a good bit
russmoo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:00 PM #9
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo
 
#1P8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NoVA & Norfolk
#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by russmoo44 View Post
Ive heard this from somebody else and it really helped me..

Turn your hpr up until you hear the solenoid starting to vent the excess pressure..then back it off about 1/2 a turn or until you hear the venting stopped

If your suggesting he turns his reg pressure up until the gun starts bleeding excess pressure, that is not a good idea. NTs have only been around for 2 years and people are blowing solenoids left and right because of increasing the reg pressure too high (both NT and NT11s).
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM #10
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome
 
Paint_hore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
buy a damn reg tester you cheap *****!
__________________


Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 PM #11
Fiskett
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroBR View Post
Indeed it looks like your hpr is too low. Open it 1/4 of turn, I believe your problem will go away. At how many fps you need to shoot?

If you open your reg a bit and it solves your problem but then you need to lower your fps to reach the field regulation, we can work this out in other ways other than lowering the hpr.
Well, we dont really crono our guns, but we lower the fps untill the reballs tavel in a straight direction, at about 240+ they will start spinning uncontrolled.

So at around 230 - 240 would be nice.


So I "resetted" my hyper3 regulator. All the way in and 5 full turns out. And I still got the same problem, the pressure should be high enough, but it still "jams".
Fiskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 PM #12
russmoo44
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NOVA
russmoo44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1P8ntballer View Post
If your suggesting he turns his reg pressure up until the gun starts bleeding excess pressure, that is not a good idea. NTs have only been around for 2 years and people are blowing solenoids left and right because of increasing the reg pressure too high (both NT and NT11s).
yeah I thought it probably wouldnt be a good idea but when I got mine from a guy it was leaking from the solenoid..turned the hpr down until the venting stopped and it has been good ever since..but yeah I plan on getting a pressure tester eventually haha
russmoo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM #13
PedroBR
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskett View Post
Well, we dont really crono our guns, but we lower the fps untill the reballs tavel in a straight direction, at about 240+ they will start spinning uncontrolled.

So at around 230 - 240 would be nice.


So I "resetted" my hyper3 regulator. All the way in and 5 full turns out. And I still got the same problem, the pressure should be high enough, but it still "jams".

Fiskett,

5 turns out in a regulator does not produce the same output as 5 turns out in another regulator, not to mention that one gun may need more hpr to work than other due to orings condition, lube, etc.

Turn it out more 1/2 or 1/4 of turn and check again if the problem persists and let us know.

Also, Im not sure that the biggest spacer is a good idea. I would try the yellow one. Donīt worry about velocity, we must make the gun work first. If these changes make the gun work itīs just a matter of changing the bolt insert for the blue or green one and changing the bolt tip oring for a 012 or 013 and the velocity will drop down without causing troubles for the gun.

Last edited by PedroBR : 12-21-2011 at 05:25 PM.
PedroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:34 PM #14
Fiskett
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Hmm, seems to work okay now.

Thanks a bunch for the help!
Fiskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump