PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 PM #1
Lovey X

Shocker having problems with cycling I don't know what it is?? :(

Hey fellas

I have an all stock black sft shocker. Now, I've only had the gun for 4 weeks and just aired it up the other day and it won't cycle properly. It has something I've never seen before it's not your ordinary fsdo or bolt stick issue as far as my knowledge cause I've owned 2 other shockers. But it has something like of the opposite of bolt stick/fsdo...It cycles a full cycle the first shot and then, the next cycle keep getting shorter, and shorter, and shorter. And then it just puffs when i pull the trigger. I'm thinking this could be a dwell issue cause the rof is on about 20 (no vision) and I would like to hear from you guys what ya think it could be.

The help would be much appreciated

Thanks a lot guys
Lovey X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM #2
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
check tank pressure
battery
clean
lube

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:07 PM #3
Lovey X

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisman01 View Post
check tank pressure
battery
clean
lube
My pressure was at about 1200. But i highly doubt it was that, Cause after it would do that i would degas the gun the gas it up again and it would do the same thing. Cycle then slowly started going down on the cycles.

Another problem is,
I haven't shot or done maintenance on a shocker in almost two years, so i couldn't figure out how to take out the bolt (I'm no retard) but the can doesnt seem to come out with the bolt it won't budge out. And I've even tried pushing it out with my finger through the chamber but that wasn't helping. My bolt seems to be stuck but like i said i haven't done maintenance in over two years on one of these guys since i moved on to the luxe.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:38 PM #4
d-r0ck-1489
i need more cowbell

d-r0ck-1489 is playing at Living Legends V
d-r0ck-1489 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
check out zdspb.com it is the "Shocker Bible" i've had a bolt stuck before. from the breach use a wooden dowel or a squeegee to push bolt out the back.

if you have eliminated the bolt engine o-rings, regulator and the list above; check the o-rings on the inserts and it wouldn't hurt to give the solenoid spool a good cleaning.

Don't stop dreaming; unless your dream is stupid.

Last edited by d-r0ck-1489 : 12-20-2011 at 08:40 PM.
d-r0ck-1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:36 AM #5
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Try unscrewing the tank from your ASA 1/2-1 turn and see if that makes any difference. Sounds like your tank and ASA may not be 100% compatible, and that if you screw the tank in too far, the ASA's degassing pin is blocking the tanks reg's outlet. So, as you screw in the tank, the valve is opened, filling your marker with air - that allows you to get some shots off. As you screw the tank in further, the pin blocks the reg outlet, restricting air flow. This is why after the air that initially filled the marker is used up, your marker then fails to re-charge.

Not saying that that definitely is your issue, but it would fit what you are experiencing.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:03 PM #6
Lovey X

Fixed my shocker guys.

What was wrong was i couldnt get the whole dam bolt assembly out but i took a steak and stuck it and forced my bolt out and lubed the whole thing was dry being how long it was in it's box. Then my dwell was at 40 chirps or 10 m/s and I upped that up to 14.5 to make sure I have no problems and that seems to have done it. Shoots flawlessly now. Thank you heisman01, d-rock and uziel for all the help. I love these guns Thanks guys
Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM #7
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
Glad its working now. In the future, that could also be a slow recharge on your reg. Rebuilding that could help.
fishballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 PM #8
Lovey X

k
Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM #9
darq mark copper

just take off the body and check the solenoid to see if theres to much grease on it thats what happen to mine just a couple weeks ago then i cleaned out all that grease now its working fine. hope it helps you!!!!!
darq mark copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:48 PM #10
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
wait, you pulled out the engine... with a steak?

Interesting. Did it tenderize while you did that, by chance? Seems like a neat way to prep for a barbecue.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote