PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:53 AM #1
heh. (Banned)

WTF is going on here?

seriously, what the ****? first we had that whole back and forth because i proved too many good points to get anymore responses from Dan/any other mod/admin, and now i get some more bull****?

i see the persons post is still there though telling me to take my head out of my ***.

seriously, WTF IS YOUR GUY'S PROBLEM?

Dan told me to bring up/question any infractions i get, then when i do, i just get ignored because mods/admins, just like referee's in sports, NEVER EVER EVER want to go back on a call they made no matter HOW MUCH its wrong.

seriously, this is getting so ****ing ridiculous its not even funny. its just ****ing messed up.

fail. straight up playing favorites here. my posts always get deleted, but the other person insulting me and doing the actual trolling/saying stupid **** always stays

Last edited by heh. : 12-20-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM #2
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by heh. View Post
seriously, what the ****? first we had that whole back and forth because i proved too many good points to get anymore responses from Dan/any other mod/admin, and now i get some more bull****?

i see the persons post is still there though telling me to take my head out of my ***.

seriously, WTF IS YOUR GUY'S PROBLEM?

Dan told me to bring up/question any infractions i get, then when i do, i just get ignored because mods/admins, just like referee's in sports, NEVER EVER EVER want to go back on a call they made no matter HOW MUCH its wrong.

seriously, this is getting so ****ing ridiculous its not even funny. its just ****ing messed up.

fail. straight up playing favorites here. my posts always get deleted, but the other person insulting me and doing the actual trolling/saying stupid **** always stays
The last infractions I see on your account are from October. Are those what you'e talking about?
Dan
Old 12-29-2011, 07:17 PM #3
heh. (Banned)

wow, either have a mod who CONSISTENTLY checks the music forum(for the millionth time requested by multiple people), or don't have one at all. because its ****ing REDIC that every once in a while some idiot comes and posts some stupid **** causing a big reaction, then some mod comes, completely clueless to the situation, and hands out infractions for unworthy stuff.

how is
Quote:
i do, but i knew you were going to say something that dumb and no one else would give you a good response.

i want you to explain to me how DOES that make them an artist.

artist=creative, free thinking, free expression, not trying to do something a certain way because thats what you know is the technical right way to do something, example = sub focus, burial, skream, afrojack. non artists = david guetta, t-pain, nicki minaj, dada life.

you honestly say some of the most stupid **** that i get this weird awkward sensation throughout my body, the same feeling i get when there is a group of people just standing in a door way talking when there is room 5 feet to the right of them where they wouldn't be blocking anybody.

you get it now? or do i need to break it down even more for like a 3 year old?
trolling/instigating? please, explain to me, how the hell is that trolling or instigating. you can't possibly think saying "do i need to break it down even more for like a 3 year old" as it, because thats just plain out stupid.

oh and you're system is so great, gives you an infraction then you can't even see what it was for when/if you get banned, seriously, whoever thought that through is a genius.

edit- how is
Quote:
sub focus and chase and status and many others are known to make like 50-60 versions/mixdowns of the same tune before they come to one to release. so gnar.
instigating/trolling as well? i got 2 points for that post..

Last edited by heh. : 12-29-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM #4
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
You need to learn how to have a discussion without being condescending. You erode your position by making unnecessary statements like, "do i need to break it down even more for like a 3 year old?"

I'll give you the same bit of wisdom that I've given my children: attack the topic, not the individual.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 PM #5
heh. (Banned)

i get that, but thats still not instigating nor trolling nor insulting nor attacking any member. just questioning him if my explination wasn't simple and clear enough, just because its in a derogatory tone (person i was talking to doesn't deserve any better), does not make it an infraction according to the rules.

and that still doesn't answer how that second quote deserves an infraction at all. that just goes with my "careless adding of infractions" to reach point amounts worthy of a ban, same reason my 03 account got banned(btw, never was showed the post/posts that got me banned, even after i was told i would be shown them). lazy modding.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 PM #6
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
In the mod's opinion your derogatory tone, as you call it, was likely to offend the user you directed your statements toward. It qualifies as a post worthy of an infraction--especially when you take into consideration the other posts you've been infracted for.

As for the other quote, I'm unable to find it in your infraction history. Therefor, I can't really comment on it.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 PM #7
heh. (Banned)

so what you aren't allowed to offend people? i get offended by people saying stupid **** or repeating stuff yet i don't see them getting in trouble for it. people get offended ALL THE TIME in every section of this site, you know how many people probably got offended by deer gore? yet Pbn turned it into the headline of their site so anytime you were on the homepage it said "Pbnation, home of deer gore". plus how do he know he(quote i got infracted for) was offended and didn't just brush it off? or do you give infractions off assumptions? either way thats still not trolling/instigating and doesn't deserve an infraction. i want the points removed.

Last edited by heh. : 12-29-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:07 PM #8
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It usually comes down to perceived intent. If a mod thinks you're trying to get a rise out of someone, start a fight or even just insult them, chances are you're getting that infraction.

What you've listed that offends you is entirely on you. Citing things past and gone is hardly an argument (deer gore).

Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 PM #9
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Here's another way to look at it. This is the content in your post that addresses the topic:

Quote:
i want you to explain to me how DOES that make them an artist.

artist=creative, free thinking, free expression, not trying to do something a certain way because thats what you know is the technical right way to do something, example = sub focus, burial, skream, afrojack. non artists = david guetta, t-pain, nicki minaj, dada life.
This is the content of your post directly attacking another user. We can sit here and argue all week about whether or not it's worthy of an infraction or it's insulting or just borderline or whatever it is that you disagree with. Regardless of the outcome, the point is that it's inherently negative and does not contribute to the discussion.

Quote:
i do, but i knew you were going to say something that dumb and no one else would give you a good response.

you honestly say some of the most stupid **** that i get this weird awkward sensation throughout my body, the same feeling i get when there is a group of people just standing in a door way talking when there is room 5 feet to the right of them where they wouldn't be blocking anybody.

you get it now? or do i need to break it down even more for like a 3 year old?
Any time you attack an another user, be it insults or belittling comments, you're running the risk of receiving an infraction. When the insults/comments are as long, if not longer, than the part of the post addressing the topic at hand, there's a very good chance you will indeed receive an infraction. It will always be in your best interests to leave the second quote out of your posts, for two reasons.

1. The person you're attacking probably doesn't care about your opinion and can only gain satisfaction in knowing that they upset the person insulting them (you).
2. You can and probably will receive an infraction for it.

That being said, please don't waste your time typing things up like that. It can only get you in trouble and you really aren't accomplishing anything for yourself. As for your thread(s) in ttma, let's revisit your referee example. I have yet to see a referee reverse a call that was already discussed, especially after the person in question came in screaming and swearing at them. In my experience, both nationally and locally, the only time you have a chance of getting a call altered is when you come in with a calm, respectful attitude. Anything short of that results in an answer you don't want, or a suspension.

Last edited by eforce : 12-29-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 PM #10
heh. (Banned)

Thats not true at all, regardless of how someone acts, if a bogus call was made and their is evidence of it being wrongly made, it gets reversed. why do you think video review was made? its easy to pass quick wrong judgement, when again, you don't know the circumstances, or just caught a glimpse of what happened.

And again, what i said was neither direct insults nor attacking him, nor against any rules pbn has posted. Describing a feeling I get is not against the rules. Calling his post dumb does not count as calling him dumb, people say stupid stuff all the time, does that make the person stupid? no.

Not to mention I've reported that the person i was responding to is a BOS troll multiple times, with his most recent BOS account being in Oct, yet nothing has been done about and he continues to stir things up.

And that still doesn't answer how that other post warrants an infraction? i know its old, but i'd still like an answer as to how that could possibly be justified as trolling/instigating and not just an act of stacking infractions so i get banned(which i what happened to my oc_rage account)
Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 PM #11
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
what i said was neither direct insults nor attacking him, nor against any rules pbn has posted. Describing a feeling I get is not against the rules. Calling his post dumb does not count as calling him dumb, people say stupid stuff all the time, does that make the person stupid? no.
I think this is where the problem lies. If we can reach an understanding here, I doubt you'll be receiving many infractions in the future. While you do not have to agree with our rules, please respect them. They aren't subject to negotiation or your personal interpretation of how they should be enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
No trolling. Do not make posts that are inflammatory, or designed to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll. If you disagree with someone or something, simply say why.
Going back to what I said in my previous post, had you excluded the abrasive comments in the second quote and left it at the explanation of why you disagree, it wouldn't be a problem. Given that we haven't been able to see eye to eye on the rules and their enforcement, it would be best if you simply left out the negative comments independent of whether or not you think they're okay to post. Obviously there's a gap between what you think is acceptable and what we think is acceptable, and that's where you're running into trouble.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:56 PM #12
heh. (Banned)

Did i say i disagree? no. i said i simply did not break them, and what i said does not warrant an infraction, a warning that its on the edge maybe, but it was not against the rules and thats the bottom line. whether a certain person personally took it a certain way shouldn't matter, its not about you its about the job and the rules you uphold whether you agree with them or not, just like when police want to convict someone of murder, they need real evidence whether they like it or not. be fair.

and trolling is doing stuff to cause a reaction on purpose, which i was not doing, HE WAS, but if you guys understood what proper trolling was you wouldn't have such a hard time seeing it.
Quote:
If you disagree with someone or something, simply say why.
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS DOING. read the trolls posts and see how they are just filled with derogatory insults, i actual state WHY and give REASONS why i disagree, not just call names like everyone else does. how do you not see that?

still no response as to why that post was infracted for trolling/instigating. pretty sad.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 AM #13
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Did i say i disagree? no. i said i simply did not break them, and what i said does not warrant an infraction, a warning that its on the edge maybe, but it was not against the rules and thats the bottom line. whether a certain person personally took it a certain way shouldn't matter, its not about you its about the job and the rules you uphold whether you agree with them or not, just like when police want to convict someone of murder, they need real evidence whether they like it or not. be fair.

and trolling is doing stuff to cause a reaction on purpose, which i was not doing, HE WAS, but if you guys understood what proper trolling was you wouldn't have such a hard time seeing it. EXACTLY WHAT I WAS DOING. read the trolls posts and see how they are just filled with derogatory insults, i actual state WHY and give REASONS why i disagree, not just call names like everyone else does. how do you not see that?

still no response as to why that post was infracted for trolling/instigating. pretty sad.
We're still not on the same page here. The addition of reasoning does not make it okay to include the negative remarks. I'm not sure where you're going with the evidence thing, as the posts are right there. The only difference is what you consider worthy of an infraction and what the staff do. Using your police example, some people don't think that speeding 5mph over the limit warrants a ticket. While it may be unsettling to receive a ticket for doing so, it's still against the law regardless of what the people around you were doing or how close you were to the limit. Don't want to risk getting a speeding ticket? Travel at or below the limit, even if you don't like it. Again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Going back to what I said in my previous post, had you excluded the abrasive comments in the second quote and left it at the explanation of why you disagree, it wouldn't be a problem. Given that we haven't been able to see eye to eye on the rules and their enforcement, it would be best if you simply left out the negative comments independent of whether or not you think they're okay to post. Obviously there's a gap between what you think is acceptable and what we think is acceptable, and that's where you're running into trouble.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:02 PM #14
heh. (Banned)

Yet its not a matter of personal opinion thats what im getting at. whether you personally think its acceptable, and whether it is or not by the rules are two different things, you can't go around handing punishments off of personal beliefs, thats ****ing crazy. you know how ****ed that would be if judges could hand out punishments based of personal beliefs and not by whats the law? same thing.

and that still doesn't answer how saying
Quote:
sub focus and chase and status and many others are known to make like 50-60 versions/mixdowns of the same tune before they come to one to release. so gnar.
could even possibly be considered for an infraction and wasnt just used to stack points to get a ban.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM #15
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Yet its not a matter of personal opinion thats what im getting at. whether you personally think its acceptable, and whether it is or not by the rules are two different things, you can't go around handing punishments off of personal beliefs, thats ****ing crazy. you know how ****ed that would be if judges could hand out punishments based of personal beliefs and not by whats the law? same thing.

and that still doesn't answer how saying

could even possibly be considered for an infraction and wasnt just used to stack points to get a ban.
Upon further review, there's really no point in discussing this further. You even admitted to trolling in that thread.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post72554463

Given your infraction history, it's obviously time to change your posting habits. Please do so sooner rather than later so that you may keep your account.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:51 PM #16
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
This is getting way out of control. Make a point without the condescending tone and maybe we can get somewhere. I dont see this going anywhere with how this conversation has gone.
Closed Thread