Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2010, 05:44 PM #1
AutocockerOG

Trilogy Owners Step Inside

So, I'm kind of pissed of right now, we started talking about paintball the other night me and a few friends and we decided that we would like to all start to play again (tournaments, speedball). I had an impulse before and my last gun was an autococker 04. So i rushed out an bought another autococker foolishly thinking it was an 04 vertical, but now that i have looked at it i discovered that it is the trilogy comp. So they questions are:

What kind of hoppers are you guys running? I'm thinking about a halo b for it, would that be well suited?

How is the stock barrel for accuracy?

Since it has the 3 way and reg combined how do you upgrade to a different reg and is it worth it?

How is the feed neck, should it be changed or adjusted or is the stock one pretty good?

What size hpa tank should i get and how many shots will it fire?

Any mods that are advisable?

I will most likely down the road, (in the next 2 months lol) be installing the e-blade on it or end up buying a new gun. But i need to spice this one up a bit to get it ready for tourney play. Lets discuss... pics are appreciated as well of different setups too

Last edited by AutocockerOG : 06-20-2010 at 05:52 PM.
AutocockerOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2010, 06:43 PM #2
StarfuryTH

If you want an e-frame trilogy, you might as well buy a SelectFire version. I have a SF Tactical and it serves me well. I got it refurbed for $100 off ebay. You can put better e-frames on trilogy markers, but it requires more effort than I think it's worth. Better off buying an older e-frame cocker that's a little more versatile.

As for your other questions... A halo is overkill for a mechanical cocker. I run a Reloader II with my 2k1 mech and I can't outshoot it. Not that I'm that quick with the trigger, but even my e-frame Spyder capped at 12bps won't outshoot it.

The stock barrel is ok, but you should really look into getting a barrel kit. At the very least, you need a single small-bore barrel. Most decent modern paint is under .685" and the stock barrel is .689. A good paint/bore match is vital to efficiency and consistency.

The 3-way is the only thing integral to the gun body. The reg unscrews from the bottom just like any other regulator. The stock WGP reg is pretty decent. I'd put money into a barrel kit and spring kit long before I worried about the regulator. The only major downside is that the stock reg isn't externally adjustable, which makes tuning more difficult.

The stock feed neck may serve you fine, but I picked up a Warrior clamping feed neck on sale at ANSGear for my trilogy. I feel more comfortable when my hopper is clamped down.

If you want an HPA tank, get whatever you feel like carrying around. Personally, I want a 68/4500 tank. But then, I carry mine in my 5+1 belt pack with a remote. How many shots you'll get depends on your spring setup, operating pressure, and paint/bore match.

The main thing I'd recommed focusing on would be a barrel kit. With a good bore match, you'll be just as accurate and consistent as any vintage cocker.
StarfuryTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 AM #3
DegreE
I am Tyler Durdan

I'd toss the trillogy back on ebay and pick up a different cocker, I bought my trilogy just to convert to pump because it was dirt cheap.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM #4
Krunk_Kracker
What is this "Paintball"?

He has a Trilogy Comp, so it's a SF (e-trigger).

As far as the feedneck goes, it will only snuggly fit VL hoppers (VL Force, ect) and it isn't removable, so you will want to get something like this: http://www.paintballgateway.com/trtrautleclf.html

As far as hoppers go, get the best you can afford, since you can take this along with you to your next gun(s). Same goes with an HPA setup.

The Stock barrel isn't bad at all, but just go to the B/S/T section here, there are literally hundreds of AC threaded barrels for mega cheap ($7-$10 range).

I do not know anything about the stock reg's on them, as mine is a Pro and I added a Bob Long Torpedo.

Trilogy's are fun, I enjoy mine very much. Keep it as a backup gun, as I feel they are better than any low-level marker (Tippmans, Spyders, ect)

Last edited by Krunk_Kracker : 06-21-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Krunk_Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 PM #5
AutocockerOG

yeah like i said it was sold to me as a 04 vertical feed, and its been so long that it looked about right.

so the comp has the select fire trigger stock? if so i wont need to add that, but i think a halo would be a good addition to that
Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 PM #6
AutocockerOG

and I'm not a newb to the sport by any means, i understand that the hopper/air setup will go to my next marker as well. Its just been awhile and i have ended up with a gun i know nothing about. I quit playing in 04 so its been 6 years lol
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM #7
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
just get a halo tsa loader either the LED or LCD versions will do fine and the tank if you run co2 you'll get about 8 pods through it but if you run hpa the bigger the tank the more pods you can run through it. the trilogies are design to run on co2 but will act the same with hpa
stalefishsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 PM #8
Krunk_Kracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutocockerOG View Post
yeah like i said it was sold to me as a 04 vertical feed, and its been so long that it looked about right.

so the comp has the select fire trigger stock? if so i wont need to add that, but i think a halo would be a good addition to that
Yes, the Pro, Competitions and Tactical all have regulators and SF trigger frames.

The Sport is a mechanical with a gas through foregrip and a hinge trigger frame.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 AM #9
StarfuryTH

Not true. The SelectFire frame is an option on those models, not required. Otherwise Tech-T wouldn't have bothered making an adjustable timing rod for them.

On the mechanical versions, the Sport has a one-and-a-half trigger frame, while I believe the rest have two finger hinge frames.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM #10
AutocockerOG

i will post a picture of it, it is the black/red comp, which i believe does NOT have the sft, which is a bit of a bummer. I really hope it does not have that 1 and a half trigger nonsense
Old 06-22-2010, 06:18 PM #11
xxMastaShakexx
Hoes on my Dick

xxMastaShakexx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xxMastaShakexx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xxMastaShakexx supports Team VICIOUS
xxMastaShakexx is for the Gunfight
im using the invert halo, its way better

the FEEDNECK SUCKS BIG BLACK COCK
i bought a ccm one, barrel is okay but it is kind of crappy
xxMastaShakexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:18 PM #12
Krunk_Kracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfuryTH View Post
Not true. The SelectFire frame is an option on those models, not required. Otherwise Tech-T wouldn't have bothered making an adjustable timing rod for them.

On the mechanical versions, the Sport has a one-and-a-half trigger frame, while I believe the rest have two finger hinge frames.
If so, I have never seen a Pro, Comp or Tac without a SF trigger, only the Sport.

AFAIK, the timing rod works on the Sport, so I always figured that was what it was for.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM #13
Mostasteless2020

all versions of the trilogy come in semi unless you get the sf version, which you can only get on the comp or pro, then there is a tactical version with the rails on it you can get in sf or semi. the feedneck is only removable on the pro, not the comp or sport. they are easy to maintain, cheap, reliable, accurate guns that will work with co2 or hpa, the sf will freeze like anyother gun with co2 when shooting fast.
Mostasteless2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 AM #14
chuey

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostasteless2020 View Post
all versions of the trilogy come in semi unless you get the sf version, which you can only get on the comp or pro, then there is a tactical version with the rails on it you can get in sf or semi. the feedneck is only removable on the pro, not the comp or sport. they are easy to maintain, cheap, reliable, accurate guns that will work with co2 or hpa, the sf will freeze like anyother gun with co2 when shooting fast.

What he said! Not including the sport they have the mech comp and pro version and the SF comp and pro and tactical version, just check the back of the grip and see if there is an on/off button. That said, I keep one just to play woodsball in most cases unless its semi-only tourneys the SF won't have the different tourney modes. If you are playing tourneys I'd suggest a new gun. Depending on your budget you could go with a Planet Eclipse or Bob Long product. Even in semi mode I think you would feel outgunned in tourneys using it. You can get a used EGO or Protege/Vice for $350 or a super hopped up Ion with a bob body kit, and aftermarket board and trigger for like $150-$200. They have poor resale value but shoot great.
chuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:40 PM #15
AutocockerOG

my old tourney gun was an impulse
genesis board
upgraded trigger
dye ultralight
carbon fiber asa
maxflow reg
delron shorty bolt
etc etc etc...

For the most part this cocker is just for ****s and giggles to be perfectly honest. I'm going to play a tourney with it but then again 2 of our teamates have never ever played before. And mine does not have a sf trigger.

in mechanical trim how does this gun handle co2, in your honest opinion
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 AM #16
StarfuryTH

It'll probably do just fine unless you plan on laying down a LOT of paint all at once. Consider a remote to solve liquid CO2 problems.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 PM #17
3sleeper3
Evo IX RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
If so, I have never seen a Pro, Comp or Tac without a SF trigger, only the Sport.
Straight from WGP's website:

3sleeper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:57 AM #18
Krunk_Kracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sleeper3 View Post
Straight from WGP's website:

I believed that they were after I was told, I was just saying I had never seen one.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 PM #19
squirrel2115

squirrel2115 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
squirrel2115 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
squirrel2115 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I run mine on an eggy 3 and it runs just fine. i also upgraded it to a evil pipe barrel and it shoots dead on now
squirrel2115 is offline   Reply With Quote