Old 12-19-2011, 01:44 PM #85
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I say they should let them play.

Also, sell tickets so spectators can watch(serious spectators only, of course) and have a couple of deaf guys commentate the events.

Last edited by sirX : 12-19-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM #86
RooRRip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyeshtr17 View Post
sorry i have spent alot of time studying that case and at first i thought it was a joke of a lawsuit but once i figured everything out it was actually a legitimate law suit and it caused a women to have her entire sex life ruined

On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman from Albuquerque, New Mexico, ordered a 49-cent cup of coffee from the drive-through window of a local McDonald's restaurant located at 5001 Gibson Boulevard S.E. Liebeck was in the passenger's seat of her grandsons Ford Probe, and her grandson Chris parked the car so that Liebeck could add cream and sugar to her coffee. Liebeck placed the coffee cup between her knees and pulled the far side of the lid toward her to remove it. In the process, she spilled the entire cup of coffee on her lap.[10] Liebeck was wearing cotton sweatpants; they absorbed the coffee and held it against her skin, scalding her thighs, buttocks, and groin.[11] Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[12] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (9 kg, nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her down to 83 pounds (38 kg).[13] Two years of medical treatment followed.
My question is how much of a sex life did this 79 year-old have?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:20 PM #87
HKARMYBALLER

Annual Supporting Member
The owner obviously saw it as a safety issue... this is ridiculous. Too many people sue over things that are just common sense. I hope the field doesn't lose much money, if any at all.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:21 PM #88
Dyeshtr17

Dyeshtr17 is playing at Living Legends V
Dyeshtr17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dyeshtr17 is for the Gunfight
Dyeshtr17 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnixon12 View Post

Dude, I am about to graduate law school, and I'll tell you right now that if this is the zenith of your writing ability, find a new career path. Seriously. You clearly aren't stupid, but you are absolutely careless with your writing, and that's the primary work in this field.
na man thats what happens when vodka and pbnation mix. i am able to write but i am not a natural at it so i have to really sit down and apply myself. and then mix the alcohol it just goes down hill
Old 12-19-2011, 02:22 PM #89
Dyeshtr17

Dyeshtr17 is playing at Living Legends V
Dyeshtr17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dyeshtr17 is for the Gunfight
Dyeshtr17 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRRip View Post
My question is how much of a sex life did this 79 year-old have?
i am not sure but if she did have one it was gone.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 PM #90
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Guess no one saw this coming

besides that, at our field we had a blind teen come in all the time and our refs / his surrogate would take him on the field and he loved it, it's not difficult with rec ball, and frankly why not give the experience to someone who is disabled?

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."

Last edited by Somnambulistz : 12-19-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:55 PM #91
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwings View Post
No Problem Lol.

What does that have to do with anything? Would robinhood allow blind people to play? No. If they went to robinhood, your field would also be in a lawsuit. I play at robinhood, but you have to have sympathy for Tommy. If I were in his position, I wouldn't let them play either.
okay lets just say the blind person trips over an obstacle on a field then who would they sue? that cant possibly right so they had to have someone to forge there signature which from my knowledge of the law forging someones signature is illegal. now what it comes to robinhood, we've been around longer then route 40 but if we had to decline service to someone base on there disability we would gladly explain why we have to do so instead of just saying sorry but we have to decline service to your cause your blind. from what i've heard and seen from fox 45 that is they tried to resolved it by sending them letters but if it happened at robinhood we would try our best to resolve it instead of doing nothing and get a lawsuit handed to us.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM #92
Spring24
Herro Prease

Spring24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Spring24 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalefishsk8er

okay lets just say the blind person trips over an obstacle on a field then who would they sue? that cant possibly right so they had to have someone to forge there signature which from my knowledge of the law forging someones signature is illegal. now what it comes to robinhood, we've been around longer then route 40 but if we had to decline service to someone base on there disability we would gladly explain why we have to do so instead of just saying sorry but we have to decline service to your cause your blind. from what i've heard and seen from fox 45 that is they tried to resolved it by sending them letters but if it happened at robinhood we would try our best to resolve it instead of doing nothing and get a lawsuit handed to us.
First of all you have no idea how it happened so before you start comparing fields I suggest you Shuttup.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:56 PM #93
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes plays in the APPA D4 division
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
hey if they wanted to play, and they were willing to pay then why the hell not
Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM #94
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Somebody please call them and tell them to sue the DMV and FAA.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM #95
paintballer1184
Southcoast Tsunami

paintballer1184 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballer1184 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer1184 plays in the APPA beginner division
how are they supposed to put on their barrel blocking device which is important for safety if they can't see the barrel or barrel sock itself. I can sort of understand why they are mad but to sue is an outrage, if they allowed them to played that would just be too dangerous.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM #96
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyeshtr17 View Post
sorry i have spent alot of time studying that case and at first i thought it was a joke of a lawsuit but once i figured everything out it was actually a legitimate law suit and it caused a women to have her entire sex life ruined

On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman
Hate to say it... Her sex life was already ruined...

On topic: This is indeed a frivolous lawsuit and someone needs to get over it. If we weren't to discriminate based on physical disabilities, blind people would be driving, deaf people would be telephone operators, and mute people would be radio talk show hosts.

I agree with whoever said the field and owners should most definitely not give-in to this nothing claim, change the wording on their waiver/website to amend the confusion of 'blind shooting' and then file a counter suit for liable and/or deformation. Asshats looking for free money need to go away.. Especially whilst abusing an NPO to do it.

Also, I noticed that the word 'professional' was in quotations as well... Ignorance astounds me...
Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM #97
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
They could easily put a barrel sock on.... They are blind not vegetables.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM #98
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
i feel they could play as long as it was in a controlled match with pumps and everyone knowing whats going on...

funny- atleast they don't have to wear masks to protect there eyes
Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 PM #99
jtprotium the second
Danny

Annual Supporting Member
jtprotium the second plays in the PSP
jtprotium the second plays in the APPA D2 division
What is the world coming to. Non-profit my ***, wheres the money from the lawsuit going if they win? lol
Old 12-19-2011, 04:52 PM #100
Homelessballerz
Will work 4 paintballs

Homelessballerz supports Pev's Paintball
Feild did the right thing, new paintballers don't care about their own saftey. They could've hurt themselves running into things or otherwise. And recklessly endangering someone is worse than upholding saftey.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:58 PM #101
YourGatcom
YourGat.com

YourGatcom plays in the PSP
YourGatcom plays in the APPA D4 division
Sounds awesome. Why don't we strap a blind person to a snow board and push his *** down a mountain and hope he dosent die.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM #102
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeCanes View Post
LMAO!!

Love that movie.

Gotta love the get rich quick schemes.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM #103
psyrx

psyrx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
psyrx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks914
At least they wouldn't have to worry about loss of eyesight from not wearing a mask

I imagine the same legal team would then sue the park for lack of due diligence. As stated earlier, not everything is suited or everyone.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:23 PM #104
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
did some research and found out a hell of lot more information and an article from the BLIND which states when this incident happen and what actions took place at the time of this incident. http://www.browngold.com/news/paintb..._the_blind.pdf so i am done comparing facility over facility field over field
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 PM #105
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
this is so stupid. this is common sense its like a person paralyzed from the waist down wanting to do parkour its like well u can t do it but you cant tell them that they arent allowed to do it
2 Cheap Cyborg 6s, Luxe 2.0 FST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post85931745
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.