PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM #1
Joey570
Joey Bones

New to Speedball

Hello, Im starting to play speedball and well Im a noob at it. Im a well seasoned vet to scenario and woodsball but a Tippmann built for Scenario wont work well for Speedball. What gun shoukld I use for starting out? And anything else can help.

ION 09 (WON), Battle for Britian 09 (lost), ION 10 (lost), Millionthman Game (lost), Stalingrad 2011 (WIN), ION 11 (lost), Battle of Berlin 2011 (WIN), Stalingrad 12 (WIN), ION 12 (lost), Zombies Invade Berlin (WIN)
Joey570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 PM #2
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
A great starting gun new is a mini or axe if u want to go used id recommend a 05 or 06 ego....cheaper and very easy to maintain
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:29 PM #3
pball72008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerfolife21 View Post
A great starting gun new is a mini or axe if u want to go used id recommend a 05 or 06 ego....cheaper and very easy to maintain
This. If you are experienced and know how to work on/maintain guns, getting a used gun is a great idea.
pball72008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:01 PM #4
cab0053

What's the price range? New or used? Tell us these things and we can tell you some options. Then, you can do some research, try some stuff out,and maybe ask some questions in that gun's subforum. After all that, and you are stuck, and can't make a decision, head over to the VS forum. Most likely, somebody else has already asked the same question, and you would be able to see other peoples answers, then you might figure out which gun you should get.
cab0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:58 PM #5
Cheeyahboii

If you look in the BST you can probably find some used axes running for $300. Those are pretty good, never had a problem with mine so far.
Cheeyahboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:27 AM #6
AzaTuR
¼ Skill ¾ My Shocker™

Annual Supporting Member
AzaTuR supports Cereal Killerz 2
AzaTuR helped look for balloons
AzaTuR supports Team VICIOUS
AzaTuR supports Bob Gurnsey
AzaTuR supports Sherwood Forest
AzaTuR is reppin' sidebar 4 life
AzaTuR supports Pev's Paintball
Hands down the new Planet Eclipse Etha is the best gun for $400. But if you want the most bang for your buck, you can get a used Alias Intimidator for less than $300. It's older but its known to be one of the best shooting guns, I have owned 3 Intimidators and they all shot the best.
AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 AM #7
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3718279

These two will uncover some info on more... speedy... guns, if you will.

The cocker thread has info on the ram, valve, bolt, and lpr/hpr as well, which carry into guns liek the g6r and Cyborg RX.

Before you go out and buy a gun, see if you can try shooting, even a few shots, other people's guns on the field. Get the feel for them, see if you like stacked tube, tri-tube or single tube markers. See if you like poppets or spools, contoured frames or planky and rigid ones like the Egos or Legends. After some while of buying/selling here, I've discovered that my favorite non-cocker guns are Angels and Shockers. NXT, SFT, whatever. For you, it may be something like a Creed (Which I love) or a Cyborg RX (Also love), or maybe a Droid (Also awesome), or maybe just a mag that you've worked well with or ego/pneu'd it out for it to shoot psp and those other ROFs that tournaments may require you to shoot at in order to participate. Since you just want to play speedball for now, find something that can shoot at semi-auto consistently.

Oh yeah, for stacked tube poppets and for something really tough and reliable as well as efficient, look at the 2010/2011 Alien Independence. You can find them for as little as $500 in near perfect condition. They are guns that are really hard to ruin, too.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:24 AM #8
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

gijoey959 plays in the PSP
gijoey959 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
gijoey959 plays in the APPA beginner division
gijoey959 supports DLX Technology
I also vote Alien if your budget allows

BUT, I chose to go the Intimidator route and just up a ripper 2 like crazy, but I haven't had a chance to legit speedball yet, and I don't really see any Egos or Dms, so I won't know how it compares. The field I go to has a mini city and a castle type thing, so I can cut my teeth on it, but believe it or not, I started with a Spyder that I just mashed the shat out of the trigger since it was too stiff to walk, and I got pretty good at the general idea of staying alive and how to snap shoot.
You might also wanna look into the Dangerous Power G4 if you want to buy new. Once you do the insanely simple fixes for the bolt stick and possible macroline leak, I've heard they're great guns.

tl;dr
any suggested gun works

DA LUXE MOB + MACDEV MILITIA
DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11

Last edited by gijoey959 : 12-18-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: derp
gijoey959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 PM #9
95saturn

well im guessing he's going to want something that will not need any maintance, since he has a tippmann. so your best bet is planet eclipse.
95saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 PM #10
cire83
RETIRED KILLER

cire83 supports Team VICIOUS
cire83 plays in the APPA D5 division
cire83 supports DLX Technology
honestly If you ar egoing to go used try to go 07 or newer. older then that probably will need board updated to be tournament legal. Plus parts availability may be limited depending on what marker you buy.

Personally I would look at Dangerous Power G3. You can find them for $150-200. Great shooting marker. Simple to maintain. plenty of upgrades. cocker threaded barrel. Install the Techt engine/bolt kit, APE rampage or Virtue Board, and you will have a cheap marker that will run with the best.

Also the Mini or the Axe are great markers. I have owned both i liked both. Try to stay away from the V1 mini. Get the V2 or V3. I currently am using an Axe as my main marker. I love it shoots great.
I have shot Ego's in the past. I owned a 05 Ego. It shot ok, had more kick then I liked in a gun. The PE Etek shoots alot like the 05 -06 Egos. The 07 nn 08 ego are great markers. For the right price I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.
Go to your local field or store n see if they will let you shoot a couple of different markers. Then see which ones you like the best and go from there.

'12 BOB LONG G6R

JESUS FREAK
cire83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM #11
xXNOAHXx

I have a dp g3 in Sig
Old 01-21-2012, 03:55 AM #12
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun is playing at Living Legends VII
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA beginner division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
depending on your budget depends on the gun you'll end up with.

i know when i switched to speedball some years back i ended up with a Dye PM6, then a PM7, but i found that Ego's are my preference- fast, reliable, very easy maintenance, and you can get used ones for a great price in good condition.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote