Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 PM #1
TweaKie

TweaKie owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TweaKie supports Team VICIOUS
TweaKie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TweaKie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Think this is okay?

Mods delete, since no one here can read

Last edited by TweaKie : 12-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2011, 10:36 PM #2
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The colors are too off, you over saturated it.

Personally I'd rather see it like this:

Last edited by AABanned : 12-15-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 PM #3
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Nope, looks terribly over saturated and your framing could use some work.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 PM #4
TweaKie

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Nope, looks terribly over saturated and your framing could use some work.
Framed like that by the persons choice, im messing with the editing not the framing
Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 PM #5
TweaKie

Okay thanks for the insight to much saturation, back to messing with it
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM #6
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Did you see what I did with it?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:38 AM #7
sixsixsix69
Aggressively Lazy

Annual Supporting Member
sixsixsix69 is a Supporting Member
sixsixsix69 is a founding member
sixsixsix69 is a Paintball photographer
sixsixsix69 supports Team VICIOUS
sixsixsix69 posts videos on PbNation
I immediately thought Turducken when I saw your watermark... haha

and yeah, too much saturation... and work on your framing...
Old 12-16-2011, 10:55 AM #8
K-9
name's ryon. hi

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
Saturation, framing will help with the appeal to the audience as the dead space above the head sucks.
Did you sharpen this image? It's hard to tell on my iPhone, but the pod loops' edges look really weird
Old 12-16-2011, 03:50 PM #9
TweaKie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix69 View Post
I immediately thought Turducken when I saw your watermark... haha

and yeah, too much saturation... and work on your framing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
Saturation, framing will help with the appeal to the audience as the dead space above the head sucks.
Did you sharpen this image? It's hard to tell on my iPhone, but the pod loops' edges look really weird

As i stated a couple posts up, the person i took them for ASKED me to leave it like that. so stop commenting on the framing. i didn't ask about the framing.

i didnt really mess with the sharpness yet, im trying to mess with the color and bring out the color a bit more. right now thats my main concern.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:15 PM #10
xander2188

xander2188 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
xander2188 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the framing really does need work though. You could easily crop the top third of the photo off
Old 12-16-2011, 06:18 PM #11
StosPhotography
Stos Photography

StosPhotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweaKie View Post

As i stated a couple posts up, the person i took them for ASKED me to leave it like that. so stop commenting on the framing. i didn't ask about the framing.
yo dude i think ur framing is off..........

Old 12-16-2011, 06:18 PM #12
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

I concur, i think the framing could use a little work...

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 PM #13
becker
butt scratcha?!?

I think a nice wood frame would look good.

Flickr
University of Colorado
PhotoMob
Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 PM #14
StosPhotography
Stos Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by becker View Post
I think a nice wood frame would look good.
hereee.. PERFECT!!!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:37 PM #15
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

crop the stupid horizon and make it level.. don't touch the colors.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:24 PM #16
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Quote:

As the photographer, it's your discretion to decide what is aesthetically/technically pleasing and what isn't. Who knows more about what looks good, you or the guy you took a picture of? Framing should really be done in-camera but part of post processing is sometimes cropping.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:18 PM #17
TweaKie

Quote:
As the photographer, it's your discretion to decide what is aesthetically/technically pleasing and what isn't. Who knows more about what looks good, you or the guy you took a picture of? Framing should really be done in-camera but part of post processing is sometimes cropping.
As the photographer, its my job to give the customer what he likes and what he thinks looks best, and seeing that he liked it like that who am i to tell him he cant have a certain picture his way? even though im the photographer, in my opinion it is my job to give my customers what they want not what i want.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:57 PM #18
StosPhotography
Stos Photography

Quote:
As the photographer, its my job to give the customer what he likes and what he thinks looks best, and seeing that he liked it like that who am i to tell him he cant have a certain picture his way? even though im the photographer, in my opinion it is my job to give my customers what they want not what i want.
btw i think ur horizon is off.... not sure tho

Old 12-18-2011, 05:47 PM #19
reddogphoto
BECAUSE ST:P

Quote:
As the photographer, it's your discretion to decide what is aesthetically/technically pleasing and what isn't. Who knows more about what looks good, you or the guy you took a picture of?

Quote:
Not trying to sound harsh, but this is the only way I can really put it:

Common people don't know **** about photography. They're looking to you to provide them with a quality product. Not to mention, when someone displays an image that's linked to you as the one that provided it, it becomes a statement about you and the quality of your work. The craigslist fauxtographers that promise CD's with every image from a shoot (because they "belong" to the client ) make me laugh, as they obviously have no sense of quality control. Saying that a client dictates the basic look of your images pegs you as an amateur with no confidence in your work. The client selects you for your knowledge, capability and your personal style. If you blindly do what they think looks good, then you're not serving them as a photographer, but as some guy with a camera they can't afford.

You go to a good restaurant because you enjoy what the chef prepares for you. You don't show up with a recipe and a bag full of groceries and tell them what to cook.

Many of us have been there, and had that lack of confidence at one point. It's also many times a side effect of being an inexperienced photographer stuck shooting cut rate jobs for friends or family. You have to put time in, develop your own style, then hold your ground. If you don't, it becomes a long nasty spiral toward dissatisfaction and burnout. Your best advice comes from fellow professionals, not your clients.

This goes not only for technique, but for pricing. My primary money maker is youth sports action photography. I'm generally hired by a league or coach but my print sales are directly to the parents of the players. It takes a thick skin and the ability to choose your business, as there's always at least one or two parents on a team that think they know better than I do. My favorites are the ones that argue my prices against what they could get directly from Shutterfly or Snapfish, and that's when I close up my iPad and tell them to have Snapfish send out a professional photographer for that price to stand out in the sun and dust and dodge foul balls all day. We're paid professionals, not a charity. Good clients appreciate and understand that, the rest can go look up a GWC on Craigslist.

My name is Ted and I produce photos. Sometimes I get a decent one.
5px
http://reddogvisuals.com
Old 12-18-2011, 07:51 PM #20
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit

Old 12-18-2011, 08:06 PM #21
TweaKie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogphoto View Post

Not trying to sound harsh, but this is the only way I can really put it:

Common people don't know **** about photography. They're looking to you to provide them with a quality product. Not to mention, when someone displays an image that's linked to you as the one that provided it, it becomes a statement about you and the quality of your work. The craigslist fauxtographers that promise CD's with every image from a shoot (because they "belong" to the client ) make me laugh, as they obviously have no sense of quality control. Saying that a client dictates the basic look of your images pegs you as an amateur with no confidence in your work. The client selects you for your knowledge, capability and your personal style. If you blindly do what they think looks good, then you're not serving them as a photographer, but as some guy with a camera they can't afford.

You go to a good restaurant because you enjoy what the chef prepares for you. You don't show up with a recipe and a bag full of groceries and tell them what to cook.

Many of us have been there, and had that lack of confidence at one point. It's also many times a side effect of being an inexperienced photographer stuck shooting cut rate jobs for friends or family. You have to put time in, develop your own style, then hold your ground. If you don't, it becomes a long nasty spiral toward dissatisfaction and burnout. Your best advice comes from fellow professionals, not your clients.

This goes not only for technique, but for pricing. My primary money maker is youth sports action photography. I'm generally hired by a league or coach but my print sales are directly to the parents of the players. It takes a thick skin and the ability to choose your business, as there's always at least one or two parents on a team that think they know better than I do. My favorites are the ones that argue my prices against what they could get directly from Shutterfly or Snapfish, and that's when I close up my iPad and tell them to have Snapfish send out a professional photographer for that price to stand out in the sun and dust and dodge foul balls all day. We're paid professionals, not a charity. Good clients appreciate and understand that, the rest can go look up a GWC on Craigslist.
the guy in the picture, is not just a client, hes a old teammate that ive known and played with for awhile. a client i was taking pictures for was at our local field that he refs at and that ive played at for the past 3 years. he jumped in a couple games and i got some pictures for him and seeing that he was not the client and he pretty much gave me a gun for them and when he was with me while editing and said he wanted me to keep it that way i said okay. as for the other client all the pictures were cropped and all dead space is gone. for this person it was different, and for pricing im not worried about that with him and seeing he pretty much gives me paint, guns etc for free thats my price, so he can ask of me to do anything and i would do it. once again this thread was not about the framing of the picture. but since everyone seems to not know how to read thats what it became about. only thing i made this thread which was about the COLOR of the picture which the first few people brought up about the saturation, i didnt ask for all these pretty much troll responses. what i liked about this forum has changed from all the people in this thread. Im done replying to this thread and pretty much done with this forum since i didnt really get any real help except from just a very small amount of people. Have fun
Closed Thread