Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 04:18 PM #1
KrylonFuzion
www.impulse-owners.com
 
KrylonFuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Python Impulse

Hello boys and girls- Just picked up a Python that needs a LOT of work, and so I have a few questions I hope some of you may be able to answer:

What, if any, were the benefits of dual tapeworms?

Also, I have an internal weights question: I am not sure whether or not i should go ahead and put a brass or aluminum hammer in. here are the internals:

strange bolt
ti pin
stock ram shaft
stock ram housing
rip valve

any ideas?
KrylonFuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2011, 04:22 PM #2
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I am 99% sure the pythons dual tapeworms were one real tapeworm and one dummy (just for looks). I dont know why they would put duals unless they milled more air passages and i just dont think anyone went that far or would get that much benefit from it.

dont use a brass hammer. they can warp or leave little pieces can chip off and ruin things. i always liked lighter hammers anyway it will cycle maybe a touch faster and have less kick.
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 PM #3
KrylonFuzion
www.impulse-owners.com
 
KrylonFuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
I am 99% sure the pythons dual tapeworms were one real tapeworm and one dummy (just for looks). I dont know why they would put duals unless they milled more air passages and i just dont think anyone went that far or would get that much benefit from it.

dont use a brass hammer. they can warp or leave little pieces can chip off and ruin things. i always liked lighter hammers anyway it will cycle maybe a touch faster and have less kick.
Ah yes, the warp factor. I recall a pl impulse coming stock with a brass hammer, with success, i can't remember which one right now. oh, and as for the dual tapeworms, there is another air passage drilled for it, but not sure what it does, or where it goes.
KrylonFuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 PM #4
LiGhTs OuT
Impulse-Owners.com
 
LiGhTs OuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Massachusetts
 has been a member for 10 years
you can look at the balancing internals guides here...

http://www.impulse-owners.com/*-io-l...pulse-library/

as far as the tapeworm on the python...here is some info i dug up

•Patented 90-degree body threaded for use with any standard gas thru or vertical regulator
•Dedicated LPR airflow with flow restrictor for main air volume chamber
•LPR threaded inflow and outflow ports
•Dedicated individual threaded gauge ports (2) for both Inline and LPR pressure readouts
•Patented internal CVS (Check Valve System), which eliminates all reverse airflow and the need for standard tapeworm setups
•Custom “Sealer tapeworm cap” for new airflow pathway
LiGhTs OuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:43 PM #5
KrylonFuzion
www.impulse-owners.com
 
KrylonFuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiGhTs OuT View Post
you can look at the balancing internals guides here...

http://www.impulse-owners.com/*-io-l...pulse-library/

as far as the tapeworm on the python...here is some info i dug up

•Patented 90-degree body threaded for use with any standard gas thru or vertical regulator
•Dedicated LPR airflow with flow restrictor for main air volume chamber
•LPR threaded inflow and outflow ports
•Dedicated individual threaded gauge ports (2) for both Inline and LPR pressure readouts
•Patented internal CVS (Check Valve System), which eliminates all reverse airflow and the need for standard tapeworm setups
•Custom “Sealer tapeworm cap” for new airflow pathway
haha, i remember that- internal weights are best between 1100-1300 grains. totally forgot.

this info on the python is gold! where did you find this? man I wish these old companies were still around- like wicked air sportz QQ
KrylonFuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:58 PM #6
KeesHimself
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Pythons are so sexy. What color is it? I just picked up a dust one and have been looking to get my hands on a gloss finish.

My best experience has been with rathole hammers, you should keep your eye out. The least amount of kick is what I aim to achieve with my imp.
KeesHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 AM #7
KrylonFuzion
www.impulse-owners.com
 
KrylonFuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
It's matte dark blue- I'll post some pics when i find my card sandisk transfer card.
KrylonFuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:47 AM #8
LiGhTs OuT
Impulse-Owners.com
 
LiGhTs OuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Massachusetts
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrylonFuzion View Post
haha, i remember that- internal weights are best between 1100-1300 grains. totally forgot.

this info on the python is gold! where did you find this? man I wish these old companies were still around- like wicked air sportz QQ
I've been working on putting together a guide to all impy parts and upgrades so I have been collecting info for years now. just found it in my "database" haha.

congrats on the Python, they are pretty kick ***
LiGhTs OuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 AM #9
Japy
Paragon 2014
 
Japy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mid Michigan
Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Sounds kinda like an IPR mod on a shocker.. hmm..
__________________
"Originally posted by EastCoastAngel: He came up under gen bolder....I thought it was a ****ty chick....turns out I was half right....he status updates like a drunk whore"


Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:10 AM #10
KrylonFuzion
www.impulse-owners.com
 
KrylonFuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Finally able to post some pics of my new python after hours of working on her:



PYT000022, baby


Came with a WAS


this thing was totally wrecked when it came in the mail, as indicated by the pics below:

Frayed WAS eye wire harness (not to mention the gun was dirty as ****.)


stripped detent? really??


unbelievably crooked re-assembly:


stripped eye screw... WTF.


also, what reg is this? looked around and couldn't find an answer:



Last edited by KrylonFuzion : 12-20-2011 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling errors >.<
KrylonFuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:22 AM #11
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
that is one of the old toxic cp regs.
nice lookin' python
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:41 PM #12
kerry88mcclure
 
 
kerry88mcclure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
kerry88mcclure has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
glad i didnt get that one on ebay...looks like it was alot of trouble....GREAT LOOKING PL IMP THOUGH....
kerry88mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM #13
TylerFischer11
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Do you like?

Haha, my father created the Python Impulse. I have the prototype. I haven't played paintball in an incredibly long time. I had a great nastalgia moment seeing the gun. Did you get it working/how do you like it?
TylerFischer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 PM #14
kerry88mcclure
 
 
kerry88mcclure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
kerry88mcclure has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFischer11 View Post
Haha, my father created the Python Impulse. I have the prototype. I haven't played paintball in an incredibly long time. I had a great nastalgia moment seeing the gun. Did you get it working/how do you like it?
text me at 417-770-7168 I would love to see some pics of the prototype python I collect PL impulses thanks KM
kerry88mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:50 AM #15
89raider
all gas no brakes
 
89raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Iowa
89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd love to see pics of it as well
__________________
CERTIFIED GUNSLINGER FOR PLAINS PAINTBALL...
89raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:54 PM #16
TylerFischer11
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Give me your email and I'll forward you the emails I sent kerry88mcclure
TylerFischer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 PM #17
soilworker69
Ballinnnnn
 
soilworker69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Illinois
soilworker69 is playing at Living Legends VII
soilworker69 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soilworker69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
soilworker69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Loving that color!
__________________
Looking to buy Impulse Parts as well as a backup gun.

Ego 8-11
DM 9-11
Shocker


PM me
soilworker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:01 AM #18
kkonrad
Midnight Storm
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
bump
kkonrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump