Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2011, 01:41 PM #1
KrocKeTT

Ego 11 upgrade tips

Im looking into getting my bolt modded by Pooty and was wondering if its worth it? I was also looking into getting a better barrel for this market specifically the dye boomstick..anyone use one in comparison to the ego 11 stock barrel?
KrocKeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM #2
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrocKeTT View Post
Im looking into getting my bolt modded by Pooty and was wondering if its worth it? I was also looking into getting a better barrel for this market specifically the dye boomstick..anyone use one in comparison to the ego 11 stock barrel?
Stock bolt is best. Dye or PE cant go wrong with ether. You will have an easer time finding smaller sizes with the Dye barrel. But Im very happy with my Shaft 4 kit.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM #3
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
The 'stock' ego11 barrel isn't any different than a stock Dye barrel (aka a boomstick/ultralight). If anything grab a smaller bore shaft back, otherwise leave it as-is.
outkast kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 PM #4
paint4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box

Stock bolt is best. Dye or PE cant go wrong with ether. You will have an easer time finding smaller sizes with the Dye barrel. But Im very happy with my Shaft 4 kit.
If stock bolt is best why PE come out with new one.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:17 PM #5
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Its just gentler on paint, unless you are shooting some $100 a case tourney paint don't worry about the Cure4. I have a Cure3+ in my 06 Dark Ego and I've never broken a ball in the breech only one or two barrel breaks from swollen paint. It has a longer grove on top to prevent clipping the 2nd ball in the stack and has longer detent grooves then the Cure4 and it also has a ramped inlet insert that the Cure4 does not have. If you have the money to blow having your bolt modded by pooty isn't a bad idea, as for a barrel I would just buy the boost kit, or a Critical 100G barrel. I have the Critical 100G .684 and .688 backs and a front for my 06 Dark and it is extremely light weighing in at 100 grams hence the name, super accurate and good at shooting through breaks, if you want to know more you can click on my username and find the review I did on it.

Last edited by smokefools66 : 12-13-2011 at 04:19 PM.
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:18 PM #6
KrocKeTT

I heard that the Pooty mod reduces breach wear significantly.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 PM #7
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

I'm not sure about that as I don't have this mod, but honestly it doesn't matter unless you're worried about resale which it won't really effect it much. Breech wear won't effect your performance and the reason PE doesn't use O-rings is to prevent unexperienced players from having problems when an oring goes bad. Honestly its up to you. I've considered doing this myself for the increased effieciency since I'm still using my 06 Dark, but I get allday air for 7 dollhairs or for free some times and I'd rather spend the money on paint so I can actually play instead of just looking at my gun ha.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 PM #8
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
I've considered doing this myself for the increased effieciency since I'm still using my 06 Dark, but I get allday air for 7 dollhairs or for free some times and I'd rather spend the money on paint so I can actually play instead of just looking at my gun ha.
Come on now do you really need that extra 1/2 pod :semidodgy:

for the OP.

The reality is when buy a high end electronic marker there really isn't the need to upgrade like there is with low and mid range markers. They shoot great out of the box.
The different generations of cure bolts are just from enhancements that PE has learned from each previous generations. Most everyone of my Ego's is still running stock parts with a few exceptions because I wanted to try stuff out. I found that stock the gun was great, and the performance changes with most aftermarket parts weren't worth it (with the exception of some of the upgrades for the Etek, and Pre-Zick kit Ego's).

Use your money on paint. The only parts I've found to be of interest to me are the LP valves, every one of my 07+ Ego's has the LP valve installed.

Last edited by DriverJ : 12-13-2011 at 04:39 PM.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM #9
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
Come on now do you really need that extra 1/2 pod :semidodgy:

for the OP.

The reality is when buy a high end electronic marker there really isn't the need to upgrade like there is with low and mid range markers. They shoot great out of the box.
The different generations of cure bolts are just from enhancements that PE has learned from each previous generations. Most everyone of my Ego's is still running stock parts with a few exceptions because I wanted to try stuff out. I found that stock the gun was great, and the performance changes with most aftermarket parts weren't worth it (with the exception of some of the upgrades for the Etek, and Pre-Zick kit Ego's).

Use your money on paint. The only parts I've found to be of interest to me are the LP valves, every one of my 07+ Ego's has the LP valve installed.
I know you know how 06 efficiency is since you too have or at least owned a 06 Dark. Honestly there have been a few situations where it would've kept me in the game til the finish. Sometimes we can only fill to 3000 or even worse 2000 at times and I ran out of air with a little under 1/2 a hopper. So yes it could be helpful, but neccesarry no. If I get back in to competetive play I may consider this or a bigger tank since I'm using a 45/5000 Evil tank with a Crossy Stealth reg.

Last edited by smokefools66 : 12-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:56 PM #10
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
Quote:
I know you know how 06 efficiency is since you too have or at least owned a 06 Dark. Honestly there have been a few situations where it would've kept me in the game til the finish. Sometimes we can only fill to 3000 or even worse 2000 at times and I ran out of air with a little under 1/2 a hopper. So yes it could be helpful, but neccesarry no. If I get back in to competetive play I may consider this or a bigger tank since I'm using a 45/5000 Evil tank with a Crossy Stealth reg.
Yep still have my 06 Dark, I'm just razzin ya a bit buddy. I've switched from a 45 CI tank to a 68 recently and was able to quickly get used to the larger size and like how much more I have to work with when needed.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM #11
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Yep still have my 06 Dark, I'm just razzin ya a bit buddy. I've switched from a 45 CI tank to a 68 recently and was able to quickly get used to the larger size and like how much more I have to work with when needed.
You're fine bro, I got the semidodgy just had to make my point. I'm glad you still got it, one of the last true PL Ego's and has the best milling imo, I know I'll get you XSV owners going with this one. I had a 70/45 crossfire tank and I wish I would've kept it. Oh well maybe next year I'll shell out for a new loader, tank, mask and pod pack ha. Still using the old Vlo, profilers and a 05 empire fast pack that the velcro is finally dying on, man next season is going to be expensive...
Old 12-13-2011, 05:14 PM #12
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
Quote:
You're fine bro, I got the semidodgy just had to make my point. I'm glad you still got it, one of the last true PL Ego's and has the best milling imo, I know I'll get you XSV owners going with this one. I had a 70/45 crossfire tank and I wish I would've kept it. Oh well maybe next year I'll shell out for a new loader, tank, mask and pod pack ha. Still using the old Vlo, profilers and a 05 empire fast pack that the velcro is finally dying on, man next season is going to be expensive...
06 was definitely the best year for PL markers. While Vicious' PL marker is milled slightly different I don't think even the SL markers of current are milled or as extensively different from the stock body as have been.
The 05-06 no SL XSV guns were great, but I'm with you the dark was much more pleasing.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:33 PM #13
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
06 was definitely the best year for PL markers. While Vicious' PL marker is milled slightly different I don't think even the SL markers of current are milled or as extensively different from the stock body as have been.
The 05-06 no SL XSV guns were great, but I'm with you the dark was much more pleasing.
Don't get me wrong I like the xsv, but if I had to get a different 05/06 Ego I would go with the Mantis! I'm kinda hoping if I hint at it enough Eclipse will get the idea.. I mean bob is still doing extensive milling and his guns are just about as light if not lighter than any PE marker.. I understand it's hard to ask for more money during these times, but if we can still have $1800 SL's why not $1500 PL milled egos? Back on topic, rather then spending your money to "upgrade" your 11 why don't you spend it on practicing your skills and possibly get sponsored!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:00 PM #14
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint4 View Post
If stock bolt is best why PE come out with new one.
It's a fix for an issue you shouldn't have on a properly working marker. My completely stock 08 has seen more tournament paint then most keyboard ballers markers will ever see. I have never had an issue shooting any super britle paint. I have a cure 3 and 4 that came with my CSL there is no difference other then the way it looks.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 PM #15
pballndad
Rampant Paint Slinger

pballndad owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pballndad plays in the APPA beginner division
pballndad supports DLX Technology
pballndad supports Empire
I tested my new pooty cure4 bolt today against the stock cure3+. I used the .685 shaft4 barrel using JT elite paint from "wally world". I took 10 shots dropping the highest and lowest. With the cure3+ I averaged 279 fps with +/-4 fps. With the pooty cure4 I averaged 287 fps with +/-3 fps. I am the 3rd owner of this gun and have shot a case with each bolt and have yet to break a ball. As far as the barrel, I would just get the matching boost kit, came with mine.

Glory be to the one who see's my paintball too late!!
pballndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 PM #16
KrocKeTT

I might just get my
Bolt modded since the cost is so little. My main dilemma is the barrel choice. I probably won't be paying for what ever barrel I get Christmas is coming up but..I gotta decide what to get really. I've heard that the due boomstick is made wIth a heavier but a better grade metal that holds its finish better than other and is just better..have any of you used a boomstick?
Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 PM #17
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
I think the PE barrels are great. I use and have only used them on PE guns.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 PM #18
Happyfeet1030
El Señor Pingüino

Happyfeet1030 is playing at Living Legends V
Happyfeet1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Happyfeet1030 supports Team VICIOUS
Happyfeet1030 supports Pev's Paintball
Happyfeet1030 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrocKeTT View Post
I might just get my
Bolt modded since the cost is so little. My main dilemma is the barrel choice. I probably won't be paying for what ever barrel I get Christmas is coming up but..I gotta decide what to get really. I've heard that the due boomstick is made wIth a heavier but a better grade metal that holds its finish better than other and is just better..have any of you used a boomstick?
Just get a boost kit, PE is great and then you'll have different bore sizes
Old 12-13-2011, 09:19 PM #19
KrocKeTT

Never heard of a boost kit but I'll look into it.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:30 PM #20
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
The boost kit is the PE kit with 2 Extra barrel backs.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 PM #21
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D2 division
It's not the wand, it's the wizard.
FLY HIGH KREW
paintballguru92 is online now   Reply With Quote