PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM #1
hunter2013

traditional archery HELP!!!

HELP!!!
I'm new to purchasing a bow, im not however new to archery, im not however a seasoned veteran by any means. Now on the question(s) at hand,
1. im looking into traditional bows reflex,deflex,longbow,and any I may be missing. the pros and cons of each preferrably from personal exsperience.
2. im not above making one myself, i may lack certain tooling required but price is a huge object to me as im only 17.
3.im looking more for performance than looks i know i cannot possibly achieve the velocity of a compound but im wanting to avoid compound bows altogether. i do want a beautiful work of art.
4. i believe ill end with this, im looking for exotic woods in this bow, yet in this bow ive got to stay within my price range which may very well be impossible to pull off, i prefer dark woods for limbs and a lighter color for grips. im looking for a custom bow maker or a reliable source of supplies as well as detailed plans to make them i've stumbled on to some, but not any im in love with. im looking to achieve exceptional accuracy ill be using this in my FFA chapters archery shoot as well as general target shoting/hunting, also im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place but it seemed more fitting than most.
hunter2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 AM #2
hunter2013

There has got to be someone with some kind of insight any and all suggestions are very welcomed
hunter2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 PM #3
Pbkid's pmr
R.I.P Diesel 7/9/14 8==3

Pbkid's pmr is playing at Living Legends VII
Pbkid's pmr supports Empire
Any reason for not wanting a compound? A recurve is a much more difficult bow for hunting, as your holding the full draw strength back the whole time. A compound depending on the cams you may hold very little. Now a days im not even sure if a good recurve is less than a good compound. IMO compounds are the way to go.

My youtube channel

Sexy G6R F/T
Pbkid's pmr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:40 AM #4
MeirDavid

hi dude

I also like this game very much

It's an traditional game for this type of game we should have the proper concentration
MeirDavid is offline   Reply With Quote