PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-11-2011, 12:23 AM #1
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

What Size Barrel

What size barrel will be goodfor my kaos.
mattWGPoutkast510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2011, 12:29 AM #2
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

12"-14" are the norm. the quality of paint you buy will make a bigger difference in accuracy than the barrel.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 AM #3
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

Alrite. Thats what im looking for. More accuracy since my gun is all stalk. But will get a longer barrel for distance.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:21 AM #4
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

And what number should i get. The .689 or what. For the kaos
Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 AM #5
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Smaller than .689. Depending on what your paint is sizing in at probably closer to .685 or smaller.

Longer barrels also don't increase range or accuracy. A paintball at 300 fps out of a Dye UL will fly exactly as far as a paintball at 300 fps out of your stock Azodin barrel regardless of length (well ok if you have an 18 inch ul and a 12 inch other barrel you'll get exactly 6 inches more range with the 18 inch barrel). Bore size is more important.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 AM #6
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

What does the bore size do.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM #7
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Bore is the internal size of the barrel.

Paint use to be around .689, but is now smaller near the .684 area. So you will want a barrel to be around the same size as the pain you use.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 AM #8
cstylz31
HYFR

cstylz31 is playing at Living Legends V
cstylz31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cstylz31 supports Sherwood Forest
cstylz31 posts videos on PbNation
cstylz31 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattWGPoutkast510 View Post
Alrite. Thats what im looking for. More accuracy since my gun is all stalk. But will get a longer barrel for distance.
its what?
University of Nevada Paintball #09
cstylz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:02 AM #9
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

I dont know how to spell that word tonight. Okay. Sheesh. And whatare the regular paintball sizes everyone uses.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:26 AM #10
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
I dont know how to spell that word tonight. Okay. Sheesh. And what are the regular paintball sizes everyone uses.
vary's from company to company, the quality of paint and where your at.

could range from .678 to .685+

Old 12-11-2011, 04:12 AM #11
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

Im in modesto california. And right now its hella cold. But in the summer its about 90 to 75 lowest. And which paintballs are the best to use for a semi.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:32 AM #12
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
There is no best, if there was a best paintball for one thing then there wouldn't be other companys out there...

Just get a .684/.685 bored barrel and call it good.

Or better yet, save your money and just play with what you have...

Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 AM #13
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It's all random variables. Paint age, company, quality, grade all help divide what is going to be what. Here in colorado, and I've Pm'ed sno about it, I've had paint recently that's .693, and about a month ago I had .696. Insanely huge paint, almost .70 Caliber. In CA though, you normally run from 685 to 689, so that's a solid bet to get something in .685. Maybe if you wanted to er on the side of caution I'd get a. 687. The only thing that might determine accuracy other than paint quality or underboring (which is running a tighter bore on the barrel to achieve a better fit) would be how the barrel is coated. Some companies have different coatings on the internals of the barrel that make them less prone to breakage, or easier to "Shoot through" and clean paint out of the barrel.

For example, as barrels go, I love SP All Americans. Great barrels, but if you get a break in them, the paint likes to stick to the inside and it's just hell trying to get a clean lane or even shot when you're in game, You've got to break it down fast and hope it'll work. On the opposite side of that, there's the Macdev Matchstik's which are sickening in how quickly they clean up, and how fast they clear paint while in a gun fight. That's personal experience. Now, that being said, lets go back to the thing about length - Anything over 16'' is too long, unless you happen to be running first strike rounds, and really know what you're doing, even then. We're not going to get into FS rounds, you can google that yourself. Why is anything over 16'' too long? Even on a woodsball field, it'll hinder movement as it's just this long protrusion that is harder to maneuver with, and it makes it a challenge to crawl through tight spaces or even be mobile with. The longest you'll almost EVER see on a speedball field is 16 inches, and that's because most speedball fields are air fields, with balloon-like bunkers. One of the things you use your barrel and marker for on those fields is pressing into those bunkers to get a better angle on your shot. A longer barrel there helps give you more leverage and more acute or obtuse angles to work with. Then again, this too is all still subjective to who you are, what your playing style is, and what you'll be doing on the field mostly.

In review -
12, 14,16 inch barrels, any size inbetween those is fine too (13,15,)
Bore size - .685 to .689 (Remember,.689 is on the big side.)
IDFK if you're still using that autococker, if you are remember it's a CLOSED BOLT MARKER, and you WILL need to add in a small piece of tape or a dab of clear nail polish on the inside of the barrel to help hold the ball in (It's just due to how the marker works. If you don't know how it works, then you might have missed reading this thread which I'm pretty sure I posted to you, just so you had some good info to read, but hey, refresher course! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911 middle of the page, Big orange and green diagram of an autococker with a slider triggerframe)

Hope that helps.

HS.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:47 PM #14
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

If you read the post. It says kaos. Not autocker. Next time read it.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:57 PM #15
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattWGPoutkast510
If you read the post. It says kaos. Not autocker. Next time read it.
Please be a little more respectful. Were all here trying to help you out.

I'll be purchasing the .685 Lurker Eigenbarrel up soon, which would be a good fit for your Kaos. When I used my Kaos Pump, I just used the stock barrel and it performed fine for me.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:31 PM #16
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

accuracy is about paint quality. i've had rental tippmann 98s (a gun that most people think has a terrible stock barrel) shoot ball on ball because i chose good quality paint that matched the bore properly. if your gun isn't accurate, switch to a better paint. if it still isn't accurate, learn how to aim. most people actually do NOT know how to aim. most of the time when people shoot at me i won't even go back in my bunker because chances are they miss. i just keep track of who actually knows how to shoot their marker, they're the ones i'll be careful of.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48 PM #17
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

Ya. Thats what i do to. Cuz there trying not to get hit but they dont notice that there paintballs are either dropping or there missing like crazy. But im just lookin for accurracy and distance 2. Because im a good shooter. Jus sometimes they dip to the ground or dont make it all the way. And i have to get closer and closer jus to get a good solid hit.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:52 PM #18
cstylz31
HYFR

cstylz31 is playing at Living Legends V
cstylz31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cstylz31 supports Sherwood Forest
cstylz31 posts videos on PbNation
cstylz31 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
long story short. 14" barrel, around .685 bore size. done. But I recommend saving the money to buy paint. But do what you want.
University of Nevada Paintball #09
cstylz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM #19
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Ya. Thats what i do to. Cuz there trying not to get hit but they dont notice that there paintballs are either dropping or there missing like crazy. But im just lookin for accurracy and distance 2. Because im a good shooter. Jus sometimes they dip to the ground or dont make it all the way. And i have to get closer and closer jus to get a good solid hit.
your not going to find a barrel that lets you shoot farther than you already do. If you get a better bore to paint match you might notice minimal to marginal gains in the consistency of your shot groupings. I would buy better paint if you are interested in accuracy.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:55 PM #20
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
if you were a good shot you'd know that generally shooting at anyone over 50' away is a waste.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:06 PM #21
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

Im not that stupid to shoot 50 feet away.