Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2011, 10:58 PM #1
MJH

Starter Marker??

I am new to PB, not very good and I am looking to purchase a new Axe in hopes that I will not have to replace this gun for several years. Is this a good entry level marker or should I look for something lesser? This is not a B/S/T post, just looking for advice.

Thx Matt
MJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2011, 11:05 PM #2
folkloricjungle

Yes Axe is fine!
folkloricjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:11 PM #3
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Stay tuned for a second post from me.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 PM #4
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3606494
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2679763

All three links are compiled information about what gear to buy, what guns to look at, and what to look for in a gear package, and deal.

Now, Personal Opinion - Have you ever shot a poppet style gun? Intimidator, Ego, Promaster, Alien, Cyborg, Angel?

I said this to someone else tonight - Everyone has their preferred style of marker, and each marker is different. Your best bet, is to go to a local field, or possibly pro shop, and ask if you can fire someone's marker. Buy a bag of paint, and offer to replace any paint you fired. Most people are fine with this. Hell, I am. You want to shoot a rope? Great, just give me a half a pod in exchange. That's the only way you'll get to know what you like, don't like. There you can also look at other setups, take and get a feel for what setup feels like this, ect, ect, ect. Look at players with similar body types so you can take a look at guns and gear together to see what might fit more comfortably here, or be a little bit more ergonomically friendly there.

PBnation is a wealth of information. Welcome to the site, Welcome to the game. Be careful, you might get hooked for life!

(The axe is a solid marker, but it's too small for me, and I'm a small guy. I like my markers bigger. It is also a spool valve. Read those threads. They contain a great amount of Info, specially the buying **** one.)
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 PM #5
MJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkloricjungle View Post
Yes Axe is fine!
Thx.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 PM #6
MJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshotted View Post
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3606494
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2679763

All three links are compiled information about what gear to buy, what guns to look at, and what to look for in a gear package, and deal.

Now, Personal Opinion - Have you ever shot a poppet style gun? Intimidator, Ego, Promaster, Alien, Cyborg, Angel?

I said this to someone else tonight - Everyone has their preferred style of marker, and each marker is different. Your best bet, is to go to a local field, or possibly pro shop, and ask if you can fire someone's marker. Buy a bag of paint, and offer to replace any paint you fired. Most people are fine with this. Hell, I am. You want to shoot a rope? Great, just give me a half a pod in exchange. That's the only way you'll get to know what you like, don't like. There you can also look at other setups, take and get a feel for what setup feels like this, ect, ect, ect. Look at players with similar body types so you can take a look at guns and gear together to see what might fit more comfortably here, or be a little bit more ergonomically friendly there.

PBnation is a wealth of information. Welcome to the site, Welcome to the game. Be careful, you might get hooked for life!

(The axe is a solid marker, but it's too small for me, and I'm a small guy. I like my markers bigger. It is also a spool valve. Read those threads. They contain a great amount of Info, specially the buying **** one.)
Thank you, this is great information, it seems I still have more to consider and research.

Matt
Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 AM #7
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshotted View Post
Are you sure about the Axe being a spool valve?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:38 AM #8
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

I was pretty sure they were. Oh wait, that's right, they are that weird *** design. I keep forgetting that it's harder to tell what gun is what anymore. But I feel comfortable in saying their a spool. But, I'll go look and correct myself if I'm wrong, which I probably am.

Edit - Thanks for the correction. It is a poppet, but not in the traditional stacked tube poppet design.

Or the viking double tube design. Or the angel double tube design.

Last edited by Headshotted : 12-11-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Headshotted is offline   Reply With Quote