Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2011, 07:58 AM #1
xbrxlunch

Dangerous Power G3 Won't fire

Hi, i bought a dangerous power g3, and it has a cp trigger on it, an empire regulator, a techt l7 bolt on it, and a new barrel.

The gun seems like it works when it wants to. It was firing fine up until i put the gun down for 5 minutes. When I came back the bolt won't move when i tried firing the gun.

The pressure on the regulator is at about 200, I tried adjusting that which didn't help.

Tried lubing the bolt fresh with dow 33. the gun cycled about 5 times and it didn't work after that until i put more lube on the front O Ring, which just did the same thing. Tried using both bolts, and the same thing happened. I tried all different kind of configuration of lube, cant get this thing to work.

One thing I did notice was after flipping the RAPs lever off, the gun still kept air. So i took the tank off the gun and started unscrewing the back cap to release air. While unscrewing the back cap I pulled the trigger and it shot twice as it was releasing air out the asa...but yet when I have the back cap screwed in, it doesn't cycle. So I cant tell if it's the back cap or the bolt that's at fault.

Please help, this gun is a major headache. I tried everything, even adjusting dwell. All the orings look fine also.
xbrxlunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 AM #2
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
Well - first and foremost please make sure to try a New Name Brand Battery. This ensures the solenoid is getting enough power to fully cycle.
Second -
Service the noid as seen in this vid.

Take your time and do it carefully!

#############################################
You said L7 Bolt and not TechT Bolt ENGINE so I am assuming you only have the TechT Bolt.

Question: When was the last time you serviced (cleaned and relubed) your empire reg?

Question - Does your bolt slide over the bolt stem easily or very hard?
If it's hard to move the bolt back and forth over the stem then replace the stem oring with another. It's good to have some friction, but if it's too much it can cause bolt stick.
Also check your bolt sail oring using your finger push the bolt into the body of the gun - is it super tight, or can you move the bolt in and out of the breach easily? The same rules apply - you want it to have some friction but not Too Much...
Secondly - don't use too much LUBE..... too much lube will gather in areas such as the rear of the bolt stem, and can cause the bolt to stick in the areas of gathered Lube. Wipe everything down CLEAN.... run a swab through your breach to clean out the internal grease. Then lightly lube the bolt stem oring, and the bolt sail oring. Only lube enough to fill the voids on either side of the oring, and so that the oring looks wet. Do Not simply gloop it on there.

Report back!

Good Luck because the G3 is a simple marker to work on. Not allot can go wrong with them. HONESTLY.
Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando
OLD_B4LL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 AM #3
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
have you tried a brand new brand name battery??? that can be a silly cause to lots of issues.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:41 AM #4
marcusgar21

Could also be opti sensor on the board

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15 PM #5
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Or messed up dwell.. Set the board back to stock
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:11 PM #6

Check the reg seat. Make sure the black pad on the velocity adjuster is flat. If it's dented in, you'll need to replace it. There might also be some crud or something in the regulator body.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:46 PM #7
marcusgar21

^^ not the stock regulator

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM #8
bigbangbrad

Just find a video for the regulator that you have, it should be an easy fix. Or pick up a new reg
bigbangbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:12 PM #9
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
That is a common problem with the older empire regs. The tolerances were not to spec and a lot of them failed. I suspect a new reg will remedy your problem
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:13 PM #10
Chrisbuddy

Ok I have a problem with my g3 the board is being all stupid its not letting me shoot it's not reading the trigger help plzz
Chrisbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote