PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2011, 04:13 PM #1
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

has been a member for 10 years
2012 Mustang: GT, Boss, GT500?

I am trying to weigh my options here and these are the cars I can afford and purchase right now. I am going to either get a GT with the Brembo package, 3.75 gears, HIDs, and navigation new from Ford or a new/used Boss 302 if I can find one around here. The other option is picking up a used 2010 GT500 for around as much as I would pay for the Boss or if I really wanted to stretch it wait till the 2013 GT500 comes out and say hello to 200mph+ and 650hp.

I still have the old 1990 5.0 that was my first car and if I get the regular GT I am going to do something crazy with that such as a complete engine rebuild and installation of a built C4 auto.

I would love the Boss but I do not like how it is a cloth interior and I can't even get navigation as an option, it seems very basic inside which is what is driving me to a GT500 or loaded GT.

I am just looking for some opinions, do any of you have any personal experience with the GT or Boss?

Thanks for any replies!

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2011, 04:16 PM #2
Alan777
Tree Fitty

bossbossbossbossbossbossbossboss

Nav is overrated and cloth holds you in better
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:22 PM #3
DRock

That's what everyone keeps telling me ahhh!

I am going nuts trying to make this decision, if i get the Boss then I am not even sure what color I should get...race red to match the Ninja maybe?

I am going to check one out tomorrow, I am hoping to make a final decision then and maybe I will be posting up pics tomorrow if I decide to pull the trigger.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:24 PM #4
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So you have 70k to spend on a car?

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:32 PM #5
DRock

Don't worry about what I may or may not have to spend on a car. Ask yourself this...why would I bother wasting my own or any of my fellow gearheads time making a thread about a car I cannot afford? For all you know I could be a rocket scientist...

With that being said...I am kinda sketched out to buy a "new" Boss with 30 miles on it. What that leads me to believe is they either let people take it out for test drives and possibly beat the crap out of it or maybe a manager at the dealer decided to take it home for a day or two.

Am I just being overly cautious with my concerns? If I am buying new I would ideally want 0 on it or under 5, but this is my first new car so I don't know how it really works.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM #6
psyco_fade (Banned)
Mods can't even handle me

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cobra Jet mustang or gtfo.

Last edited by psyco_fade : 12-04-2011 at 04:42 PM.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 PM #7
DRock

That car is amazing, but if I was going to get a car that wasn't street legal I would probably have to go with the Boss 302S.

EDIT: Just found out the Boss 5.0 has a fully forged rotating assembly capable of supporting way more HP than the regular 5.0...I think my mind was just made up for me.

Last edited by DRock : 12-04-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM #8
F1VENOM

Z06 for that price range.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:08 PM #9
DRock

It crossed my mind...I just love Mustangs in general and would love to have a new 5.0 to compliment my old 5.0. I haven't checked to see what kinds of deals are out there for a Z06 though, I'll do that right now.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:08 PM #10
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Built Sti
Built Evo
S4
RS4
M3
M5
C63
AABanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:11 PM #11
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock View Post
It crossed my mind...I just love Mustangs in general and would love to have a new 5.0 to compliment my old 5.0. I haven't checked to see what kinds of deals are out there for a Z06 though, I'll do that right now.
If you're going for something to be fast, Z06. If you're looking for something quick and DD able, Mustang. For as fast as Corvettes are I don't think I could get used to DD'ing one. Way too low and no space.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM #12
DRock

Yeah that is exactly what just went through my head. The car is definitely going to be a DD unless I end up keeping my Miata, which is getting jacked up on coils and getting studded blizzaks mounted on it for the winter.

I have been DD'ing the Miata for over a year right now though so I guess the corvette would be pretty comparable...the Miata is an absolute blast to drive around though especially with no power steering.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM #13
F1VENOM

Then you're used to driving something with no room. Get a Z06.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:33 PM #14
weso98
FTB

wrx

CanucksBandwagoner
weso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:40 PM #15
rex_2121
ga ga ga

...ford is a ford...no matter what model you buy....you are still driving...a ford lol. even if it is the ford gt (even though i did contemplate on getting one).
rex_2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 PM #16
DRock

I think the Ford GT is just a little bit more than your Countach there.

I just found an '06 Z06 with 24k for $39,000, that's not too bad at all...gonna be a tough one.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM #17
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_2121 View Post
...ford is a ford...no matter what model you buy....you are still driving...a ford lol. even if it is the ford gt (even though i did contemplate on getting one).
he should totally get a really old lamborghini that needs more money put into it for repairs the the entire cost of a brand new vehicle, right brah?
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
IRPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:18 PM #18
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Corvettes are a **** ton easier to DD than a miata from my experiences.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:51 PM #19
rex_2121
ga ga ga

..how did you guys know that i own a countach....

you can say what you want about my car..but hey..i am in my early 20s..with a successful business..own multiple toy cars that people would dream of even sitting in..i think i did pretty well for myself.

actually speaking of which..i took advantage of the recent "good" weather that new england got recently and took out my countach in november. Took it down to newbury st in boston (boston's version of 5th ave, rodeo drive, the strip..etc.etc) on black friday. Car got a lot of attention. Came out of nike town and there was a FLOCK of people surrounding my car. When i took off..i noticed some cars started following me...as soon as i got onto storrow/93...they could not keep up with the bull
rex_2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:52 PM #20
F1VENOM

You seriously don't remember posting the thread in which you got torn a new ******* for supposedly dropping something like $50k on a clutch job?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM #21
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh wait this is countach kid? that bought the broken down countach spent like 60k fixing it then leaves it in his garage all day and will not drive it because he is too scarred to break it? when leaving it sitting all the time is the exact type of thing that ruins cars.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote