Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-05-2016, 09:15 PM #1
erke69

Will Azodin expand into mag fed?

Last couple of years I've seen mag fed really jump in popularity at my local fields.. just wondering what you guys and Azodin think about expanding into mag fed, it's starting to get very popular. With how well the Azodin markers are built, having a great platform... I would buy one..... thoughts?
erke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2016, 12:06 PM #2
smalltownkaos

smalltownkaos supports Ninja Paintball
not going to happen. I've asked a couple times, they agree its an idea, and a possibility in the future. but as of now there are no plans.
Blue KPC
Orange/Gold Blitz3
DP:Green G4
Green F8

Black/Yellow FX
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:34 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

This topic was brought up in the Azodin general talk thread a little while back: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post94431233

Here is what I replied with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Interesting idea for sure but I think it may not be cost-effective to try and put out a marker like that.

Just to state, this is my personal opinion only.......

Development of a marker to do something like that takes a lot of time, effort, and money. What Azodin currently has going for them is that their markers are relatively inexpensive when compared to what other markers in the PB market with similar features are going for. In order to recoup development costs, the retail price would have to be adjusted higher. Other than the Dye name, there is an underlying reason why the DAM is $1,000. Unfortunately, the general PB population (potential customers) typically look towards marker companies with a perceived notion or "category" to where marker companies fall into (based on the ill-named "high end to low end" scale). I don't think Azodin would be able to sell many $500 -$600 markers (if they could even be sold for that price based on the development and production costs) because of this notion that they fall into a "low to mid-end" marker company. In my opinion, I think the risk ($$$ to make it happen) to reward (actual sales of such marker) just isn't there. And it isn't that they aren't capable of doing it. I'm confident they are - given the time and resources - I just think from a business aspect, it just isn't worth it.

Well, my 2-cent take on the subject anyway.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:50 PM #4
scottallen1986

Well, perhaps, a different company should take this challenge on?

Say, perhaps by the end of summer 2017?

Perhaps a series of magfed body kits that your Azodin markers can drop into???? ;-)
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:49 AM #5
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Annual Supporting Member
AzodinTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
Hi erke69,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. The rise of magfed hasn't gone unnoticed and I wholeheartedly agree that it will continue grow and offer an alternative for players.

CA pretty much highlighted the challenges a company would face when moving into territory they are not associated with. Personally I feel there are enough great companies, with a lot of experience, satisfying that market that it wouldn't make sense for us enter.

Scottallen has a great suggestion for any start up company or an existing magfed company though. There are a ton of Kaos and blitz being used and sold that a conversion kit for them would be a viable product. I believe we've seen kits like this from rap4 that use the 98 internals in a magfed shell. It should be too hard to create a new model that uses stacktube blow back internals.

In either case, we are working on some exciting stuff and we hope to repeat the kp3s success at extravaganza.
626-330-7262

Last edited by AzodinTech : 03-14-2017 at 12:51 AM.
AzodinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:36 AM #6
scottallen1986

Also with it being a stacked tubed blow back, they are really easy to maintain and clean compared to clamshell designs. Want to clean the bolt? Pull the pin out and it comes right out! Put a swab all the way through from the back of the gun through the front barrel. Bam. 90% of of your cleaning is done.

Want to re-lube your hammer/lower? Just unscrew the back cap and then pull out the hammer and clean/re-lube. And since the velocity adjuster is screwed into the back cap, your velocity adjustment doesn't get out place.

From a new-user or low information paintball player, these guns are as simple and reliable as they get, which is something the magfed guns or kits don't have at this point as they are either a complicated regulated system or a clamshell which really intimidates new players.

Add to it the fact that it has electronic grip frame options with eyes and now you have full-auto/ramping magfed options. Lots of cool options.

The goal is to try and create using Azodin parts the kind of magfed gun I had always wanted the MR5 spyder series to become. The MR5 is probably my favorite gun to shoot, but it could have been so much better with a few tweaks. I think the magfed community is going to really like what's coming. I know I'm stoked. I'll post pictures when I get the first body off the mill later this or next week.
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote