PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2016, 11:04 PM #1
chinitobenyip

chinitobenyip owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
chinitobenyip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kp3 Pump Handle Wobble?

I have a little side to side wiggle on my pump handle, is there way to reduce it or is it normal? It somewhat bothers me but don't mind at the same time, would like to reduce it though!
chinitobenyip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2016, 06:25 AM #2
smalltownkaos

smalltownkaos supports Ninja Paintball
Jb weld
Blue KPC
Orange/Gold Blitz3
DP:Green G4
Green F8

Black/Yellow FX
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:16 AM #3
CA_Tectonics

Where is the wobble? Are the rod retaining screws loose (rods to the handle plate)? Are the handle plate screws loose? Is it flex in the rods (very unlikely with those SS rods, I would think)? The connection of the rods to the sled? Or is it the sled rotating slightly around the bolt pin?

I don't recall mine having much, if any, wobble in it.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:40 PM #4
chinitobenyip

Here, The wobble seems to happen with I twist my wrist while holding the handle.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:49 AM #5
CA_Tectonics

Hmmmm....that is some wobble you have there. I'll check out mine tonight or tomorrow and get back here. Off the top of my head, I don't remember any wobble and pretty sure nothing like that.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 06-08-2016, 01:39 PM #6
smalltownkaos

whats your bolt look like? the bolt pin should be tight into the striker.
Blue KPC
Orange/Gold Blitz3
Green F8

Black/Yellow FX
Old 06-08-2016, 05:28 PM #7
chinitobenyip

The bolt fits really snug, I took the bolt and striker out, and tried seeing if it still clicked assembling them separately from the gun, and no it does not click. It only clicks when the bolt is inserted into the striker while in the gun. Maybe thats the reason?

Old 06-09-2016, 01:50 PM #8
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
It looks like from the videos that the wobble is being transferred to the sled. I did notice that with mine if the bolt pin isn't all the way seated I get more side to side slop.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:45 AM #9
smalltownkaos

yea, there has to be something with your bolt/pin/striker.
Blue KPC
Orange/Gold Blitz3
Green F8

Black/Yellow FX
Old 06-12-2016, 04:17 PM #10
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinitobenyip View Post
The bolt fits really snug, I took the bolt and striker out, and tried seeing if it still clicked assembling them separately from the gun, and no it does not click. It only clicks when the bolt is inserted into the striker while in the gun. Maybe thats the reason?
OK. Took mine out today to look into this. First off, mine also has a little wobble to it but not as much as yours. What I did find is a couple of different things.

First off, my bolt pin does not have as much vertical play in it as yours does. I wonder if this is a function of that groove around the center of the pin on yours is more worn than mine - allowing it a little more movement from the ball bearing in the bolt. You may be able to tighten the screw in the back of the bolt to see if that would help the movement of the bolt pin you show in your second video. I think that your pin may not be seating down into the hammer as far as it should - leaving the possibility of the bottom end of the pin being able to swing a tiny bit in the hammer groove and leading to more pushing of the sides of that groove and the rotation of the hammer.

The second thing is more directly related to where the wobble is coming from. If you look closely at the hammer when moving the handle back and forth, you can see that it actually has a little rotation to it. So, the wobble is from the bolt pin pushing against the sides of that groove in the hammer and, in turn, making the hammer have some rotation about it's long, central axis. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that can be done about the hammer rotation. I think the only things that can be done is to make sure the handle, rods, bolt, sled, and hammer assemblies are snugged down to try and minimize as much loose "play" in the marker's pump action as possible.
The other thing I