Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2016, 10:25 PM #1
sandor at the zoo

Kaos-D/KDII owners, how's your experience been so far?

I'm hoping to get the community's thoughts on this line of markers. How's the build quality, how easy/hard is it on paint, and most importantly, what kind of consistency have you been getting out of it? Any other comments? Lastly, would you recommend it over other options in the price range?
Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.
sandor at the zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2016, 11:57 AM #2
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

iPaintSlinger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
iPaintSlinger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
iPaintSlinger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my KDII. It is very well built, it shoots very smooth for a mechanical marker and it has a good spacing between the trigger guard and reg. The consistency has been just as good as my other markers, I've never noticed much of any fluctuations in my shot groupings. It really is a great marker for the price.

PLUS IT COMES WITH A ZERO-D SYTEM!!!

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:29 PM #3
Vikingpaint

I have a Kaos that received all the upgrades a Kaos D would have. It's primarily a loaner but it has always seemed consistent and everyone who borrowed it had nothing but positive comments. Two of the people who used it were used to Egos and said the marker did far better than they expected.
The only "issue" it had was the bolt catching on a ball and not firing or recocking. I actually see this as a positive though because it meant someone was firing too fast for the gravity hopper's feed rate. In another marker or older ones the ball would have been chopped and then the playability of the marker would have been horrible until the end of the round when I would have had time to clean it. The fix was manually cocking back the bolt and dislodging the ball, all done while the game was still in play (even though I had to make a mad dash to my friend).

I think Azodin KD or KDII is the highest quality mech for the money right out of the box on the market today.

Enjoy your next marker purchase whatever you choose!
Vikingpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM #4
Bacconballer

Despite how much I wanted this thing to work it just did not work for me it would empty my air tank every hopper and wouldn't fire properly, the bolt would keep catching and not recocking itself making me pull the pin back every 10 to 20 shots then I messed with the regulator trying to keep the velocity down from 300 that was a big mistake the gun never fired properly afterwards and it would chop paint every five balls I heard someone else having the same issue with their gun after messing with their regulator they had a blitz though. so my conclusion is it's just a design flaw now I'm at the point where I'm dont even want to look at this thing, ive spent more time at the field trying to fix it than actually playing with it im going to buy a new gun and if anyone knows how to fix it or wants to buy it I'd be happy to stop the headache
Bacconballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:53 AM #5
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

What model gun is it Baccon? If it isn't recocking, it isn't getting air, or the striker o ring is broken. The KD2s are a balancing act. The spring on the back determines how hard the valve is opened, and the spring on the front determines how hard it is closed. if you have the back spring set at 1 pound of tension, and the front spring set at 4 pounds of tension, you will never get enough air, because the valve will never fully open. You can try to crank the regulator pressure up to get more air through it during the 12 milliseconds the valve is open... but that's just a bandaid fix for an improper spring tension setup.