PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-07-2011, 03:11 PM #1
Pestilaence
One of Four

First ever Azodin OT?

Seems pretty dead in here. I know that Azodin is a semi new company but I'm surprised just how little activity there is in this forum compared to others on the Nation.

What's everyone up to? I'm bored as hell at work waiting for a computer program to finish running.
Pestilaence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2011, 03:38 PM #2
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

AzodinTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
Azodin is new in terms of being a brand on its own but before we were Azodin we were the manufacturer for Kingman who makes the spyder line of markers. Several years back we parted ways and decided to produce and sell the markers our self.
909-468-3600
AzodinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:52 PM #3
Pestilaence
One of Four

Yeah, I knew that Mark (..???), or someone left Kingman and started doing his own thing, but I meant that since Azodin was a new stand-alone company, and it now has it's own forum here, I was still surprised to see that few people are in here.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM #4
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Well the only thing I know about the Azodin thread is I am here to help our customers in away way I can. Maybe the players knowing that will make them wanna visit the thread a little more often.
909-468-3600
Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM #5
Pestilaence
One of Four

Yeah, definitely! As long as Azodin's customer service, and your tech help is good, then I'm sure more people will pick up these guns. I ended up buying that '11 that I had made a post about. It's on it's way and I should get it this weekend. I'm pretty excited to see how different it is from my Ion.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM #6
BassDude

I agree that there is some major inactivity in this forum. I really like the Azodin line of markers. I have a Kaos and a 2011 KP on the way. I can't wait to upgrade the KP.

Anyways, I'm waiting for the semester to be over so I can relax for winter break. Haha. Also, I'm eagerly awaiting some paintball this weekend.
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 PM #7
Pestilaence
One of Four

Nice... I haven't gotten a chance to play for a while, and I've been fiending lol. I'm pretty excited to start upgrading my Blitz, once I get it.

Oh yeah, DJ, I was checking out the azodin site to see if I could find what psi the 2011 blitz is running at, but couldn't find that info (I'm guessing 250-300psi). Would you happen to know what it's set at from the factory? I realize that the reg is fully adjustable from 0-700 psi, but was just curious what you guys have it set at. I'm also wondering what the psi for the 2010 models are set at, since the '11 is supposed to have a low pressure kit. And one other question I have is that I just noticed that you guys have accessories listed on the site, like carbon-wrapped barrels, and on/off asa's... but I don't see availability or pricing on those. Do I have to find an Azodin dealer to figure that out?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:26 PM #8
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilaence View Post
Nice... I haven't gotten a chance to play for a while, and I've been fiending lol. I'm pretty excited to start upgrading my Blitz, once I get it.

Oh yeah, DJ, I was checking out the azodin site to see if I could find what psi the 2011 blitz is running at, but couldn't find that info (I'm guessing 250-300psi). Would you happen to know what it's set at from the factory? I realize that the reg is fully adjustable from 0-700 psi, but was just curious what you guys have it set at. I'm also wondering what the psi for the 2010 models are set at, since the '11 is supposed to have a low pressure kit. And one other question I have is that I just noticed that you guys have accessories listed on the site, like carbon-wrapped barrels, and on/off asa's... but I don't see availability or pricing on those. Do I have to find an Azodin dealer to figure that out?
Well a good starting point for the inline pressure on any blitz is 400 psi, obviously it is adjustable but that is a reliable operating pressure. The carbon barrels are going to be limited, we were able to make a run of them and then the cost of production went up to the point were we are unable to do another at the moment. They retail for $60. The on/offs are $24.99 and the inline regulators are $39.99. The zero system sells for $49.95. A cool upgrade for the pumps that a lot of people like is the single trigger frame which goes for $44.99.
909-468-3600
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM #9
BassDude

I think the starting pressure for an Azodin KP 2011 is around the same right? I'm hoping to get that as low as posiible with an AKA Tornado valve, respringing and Palmer's Fatty Stabilizer though.

Also, can you confirm what springs work with an Azodin? I have heard cut down Spyder springs for the main spring and autococker for the valve spring. Is that true? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:47 PM #10
Pestilaence
One of Four

Cool thanks man... I figure the only thing that I would really ever want is the on/off, but I can get a CP for 20 bucks, and I like CP stuff quite a bit. I might consider the ZeRO system, but doubt that I would really even want to mess with it. I'm sure once I get the Hush bolt, barrel, and on/off then I'll be set for a while.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:40 PM #11
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDude View Post
I think the starting pressure for an Azodin KP 2011 is around the same right? I'm hoping to get that as low as posiible with an AKA Tornado valve, respringing and Palmer's Fatty Stabilizer though.

Also, can you confirm what springs work with an Azodin? I have heard cut down Spyder springs for the main spring and autococker for the valve spring. Is that true? Thanks for the help.
The stock pressure for the Kaos pump is 200 PSI. Basically any spring with the same diameter and length will work. If you mess with springs you will have to mess with the operating pressure as well. Higher inline pressure will require less main spring tension theoretically and will give you less kick. Lower pressure will require a higher main spring tension and will give you lower sound but more kick. Then if you throw in the variable of different valve springs it gets more complicated. It is just something you kinda have to mess around with.

The more striker mass and main spring tension the longer the valve will remain open.

If you go with a lower tension spring you compensate with high inline pressure.

Putting a softer valve spring makes the valve require less mass and/or main spring tension to open.

**Changing things like this is done at your own risk. This is strictly hypothetical and Azodin doesn't condone it. OK butt covered
909-468-3600

Last edited by AzodinTech : 12-08-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:18 PM #12
BassDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzodinTech View Post
The stock pressure for the Kaos pump is 200 PSI. Basically any spring with the same diameter and length will work. If you mess with springs you will have to mess with the operating pressure as well. Higher inline pressure will require less main spring tension theoretically and will give you less kick. Lower pressure will require a higher main spring tension and will give you lower sound but more kick. Then if you throw in the variable of different valve springs it gets more complicated. It is just something you kinda have to mess around with.

The more striker mass and main spring tension the longer the valve will remain open.

If you go with a lower tension spring you compensate with high inline pressure.

Putting a softer valve spring makes the valve require less mass and/or main spring tension to open.

**Changing things like this is done at your own risk. This is strictly hypothetical and Azodin doesn't condone it. OK butt covered
200 PSI? Wow. That's alot lower than I was expecting. Awesome.

Thanks for all the helpful info. I've heard the lowest tension valve spring from an autococker kit and the lowest tension main spring from a Spyder kit works well. I look forward to tinkering with it.

Also, do you guys have any plans for varying hammer weights? I think it would be cool to offer some different hammer weights for people to tinker with their gun even more.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM #13
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

It would be a cool idea but realistically for us as a company the number we would sell vs the amount we would need to produce to keep the cost reasonable just doesn't work out. You could always find a local machinist and see if he would be willing to pump out a few for you.

I did something similar when I was playing around with an ego, I had a machinist I knew make me some rams made out of titanium. I had a air assisted valve so I could use the super light titanium and it would still shoot the proper velocity.
909-468-3600
Old 12-09-2011, 12:11 AM #14
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

When Is Azodin........................

Gonna start putting upgrades in the paintball stores. And when is the websife gonna get fixed.
mattWGPoutkast510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 AM #15
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

The upgrades are available its just up to dealers whether they wanna carry them or not. Ask your local dealer to carry the parts or to special order them for you. Dealers often will only carry stuff people are asking for so if you ask they will usually get it. We always recommend supporting your local store but if you don't have one or they won't get you what you want you can always get the parts from ansgear.com. What issue are you having with the site?
909-468-3600

Last edited by AzodinTech : 12-09-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:38 AM #16
mattWGPoutkast510
MATEO

I went on the website and i click enter site and after that. It shows a lil blue box thats it. And it dont show anything else. And do you guys have some kinda upgrades for the kaos yet.
mattWGPoutkast510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:37 PM #17
Pestilaence
One of Four

Weird... it works fine for me. That's how I got the info about the accessories. Perhaps try updating you Java and see if that helps. And yeah, they have some upgrades for the Kaos.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM #18
Pestilaence
One of Four

So what's everyone up to this morning?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 PM #19
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Setting up in our new warehouse, things are pretty crazy.
909-468-3600
Old 12-14-2011, 01:38 PM #20
Pestilaence
One of Four

I bet that would be kinda cool... how big is the new place?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM #21
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Not sure what the square footage difference is but there is more warehouse space and better office facilities for us. It is always fun to have new digs.
909-468-3600