Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 PM #1
Syze

New Etek 3 or Bob long closer

Basically im in a dead end predicament lol.
I can not decide which gun to go with!!!
Im going towards the closer because brand new its a 1000$ marker and the etek is ruffley 500.
Being used the closer stands at 500$ dead on with the etek 3 witch makes this an even harder decision.

Closer --- > http://www.trademygun.com/p-695-used...white-red.aspx

Etek 3 --> http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...nhdedesert.htm

Any personal opinions would be greatfully apprecieated.
Also i would like some feedback about trademygun.com This would be my first buy from them.
Jeeze, that closer is just gorgeous..............

Last edited by Syze : 12-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Syze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM #2
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
The Closer will be much better shooting but it will take a little bit of effort to get set up properly. If you are not willing to get a pressure tester and set it up right then get the Etek.

I would try and figure out what kind of engine that Closer has in it as well as the eyes. If it's an original closer it will have a pillow bolt and 4c eyes. If it's the Closer EXP (which I think it might be judging from the Critical ASA which wouldn't be needed on the original closer since it came with an on/off stock) then it will come with 2c eyes but the proficiency engine. See if you can get TMG to tell you that info.

Marqs shoot great when properly set up but they are not as "bulletproof" as an Ego is. They are by no means unreliable but they can be finicky if the user is inexperienced.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 PM #3
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Yeah, definitely true, but are so worth it. When set up properly, they're one of my 2 favorite shooting poppets ever (the other being the latest internals A1's).

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 PM #4
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
I'd take the closer. I loved my marq6 and was blown away by how light the closer was but how solid it felt.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote