PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM #1555
ChrisGotSteeZ

ChrisGotSteeZ plays in the PSP
ChrisGotSteeZ plays in the APPA D4 division
Defensive isn't the correct word, more along the lines of informative. People give DFWAP a bad rep, before this summer; myself included.
I used to dislike the atmosphere for the same reasons the people here have given, but its just because I was being a poonany and not getting out there and enjoying myself.

Don't take that as a defense because honestly, I could care less what someone else thinks. Just my .02 regarding the discussion in hopes that next time you wander out there, you don't feel the exact same way. Go out, have fun, shoot at people.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4089098
ChrisGotSteeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 PM #1556
Wunky
Be the Weapon

Wunky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wunky owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Wunky plays in the APPA beginner division
Wunky has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRex88 View Post
I would completely agree with this statement. The only way to get a decent value from this place is to become a member. Their Premium paint right now is Marballizer, which is fine if you like hard paint. Price is something I have learned to except, as well as bringing my own paint. The one thing about DFWAP that I can not get over is the treatment of "regulars" at the park.( Other treads agree with this statement and more testimonials can be found in this subforum. The Refs ruin DFWAP. Example 1, I was in the deadbox watching and watch a guy take 1-2 shots to the side/pack. When a paint check was called on him the ref called him clean from at least 40 yards away. Example 2 ( just bad refs), Game was called by one ref so players started walking out. The last player alive on a team walked off the map but claimed he was not done. The other ref then screamed the game was still live, as all of our team that was walking off got lit up. Some people maybe willing to look over this but from my overall experience of this field I would rather go to Fun on the Run,cousins, or make the trek to Waco to Powerplay than ever go back to this place.

First post - long time lurker.
If your are referring to that "game" on Mustang, I saw the whole thing. This was bad communication from the refs I will give you that.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 PM #1557
Wunky
Be the Weapon

I can understand for newer players and not "regulars" DFWAP can seem daunting at times. But as a "regular" I see a lot of players come and play with a chip on their shoulder. I understand you might have seen break, he might have been out of bounds, you might be right, you might be wrong. Sometimes I swear it was a hit, but I go up to the person after the game and nothing on 'em. You have one bad call or whatever, and you blow up the forums with MUH FEELINS BEEN HURT, THIS PLACE SUCKS AND EVERYONE THERE IS RUDE AND CHEATS.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:40 PM #1558
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
To address the last few posts:

DFWAP has been an excellent growing park since I first started going there back in 2008...or 2009 whichever it was. ALL the ref's at the time were helpful, considerate, and made the experience one of the best. Because of this, I am still going to this park on a regular basis. However I will agree, costs are what get me. If you are not a member it gets pricey. But if you plan to play frequently (2-3+ times a month), in the end it will save you money. It's simply a method to draw your attention and keep you coming back for more.

I continued going to this field because it allowed BYOP, along with paying the $10 fee of course. The other fields I went to were FPO, charging at minimum $55/case for low grade paint. We, or most of us, know that shooting bad paint and skittles isn't fun. In addition, we all know paintball is pricey. It sucks, I know.

In regards to the whole ref thing...I agree with most of the statements above. As of recently the reffing is average at best. Nothing compared to the refs I knew back in the day. Communication is poor. Paint checks happen about 10% of the time. Most are young teenagers who just seem to be there to make their hourly wage. They aren't as passionate about the game as previous refs have been.

Regarding 'treatment of regulars', it's very true. Those who are there often get treated like regular customers. It's a part of treating them well because they continue to come back and support the park. Nonetheless, the unfair paint checks isn't anything new. It happens, just serves as a reminder to maybe put 1 extra ball on them .

Conclusion: Just try to go out there and have fun. The environment is VERY friendly, after all it's built to be a family park. Airball is being brought back, something that's been desired and advocated for a LONG time. Larry, the owner, has agreed to bring it back as long as players can keep it friendly. If you find something wrong, notify upper management, they'll get it taken care of. Money wise...eh not much to say besides save up and become a member. We all complain about costs, but it's a HUGE part of the sport. Not everyone can afford to play it.

/semi-rant
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:02 PM #1559
Wunky
Be the Weapon

^This right here.
My .02 about airball...
This is where I see 99.9% of tempers flare @ and almost all of the "disagreements" take place. Even at DFWAP.
People just need to relax and have FUN.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 PM #1560
TexRex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunky View Post
I can understand for newer players and not "regulars" DFWAP can seem daunting at times. But as a "regular" I see a lot of players come and play with a chip on their shoulder. I understand you might have seen break, he might have been out of bounds, you might be right, you might be wrong. Sometimes I swear it was a hit, but I go up to the person after the game and nothing on 'em. You have one bad call or whatever, and you blow up the forums with MUH FEELINS BEEN HURT, THIS PLACE SUCKS AND EVERYONE THERE IS RUDE AND CHEATS.
I have stated in previous posts that I do not believe anyone cheats. I enjoyed talking to most of the players out there. I have been playing for years at DFWAP and Fun on the Run. I was raised on PB and I have never felt the ref's presence in games like I did this weekend. Bad/poor calls were happening all the time. I really enjoy the fields, The prices is fine. I was giving an overall review on what DFWAP has turned out to be. I was not the only person that felt this way and It has been mentioned in places all over this forum. The players I saw were great, friendly, and basically people that can help grow the sport. The refs were making very immature decisions that does the exact opposite. I would rather volunteer to ref then go out there with the same refs again. That is my ".02" and there is not reason to say that I shouldnt be posting this on a forum that is designed for just that. I am sorry it is not a 100% go play at dfwap.

TL;DR I enjoy the players, field, and atmosphere at DWFAP. Refs are immature and lack of passion to grow the field/sport. They are more interested in letting their friends play on and alienate faces they do not know.

Last edited by TexRex88 : 08-09-2013 at 10:49 PM.
TexRex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:41 AM #1561
ky7jg

What are the different kinds of memberships does DFWAP offer and what exactly do they do?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:56 PM #1562
TheLeJimmyRustler69x

Quote:
Bad/poor calls were happening all the time. I was giving an overall review on what DFWAP has turned out to be. I was not the only person that felt this way and It has been mentioned in places all over this forum. The players I saw were great, friendly, and basically people that can help grow the sport. The refs were making very immature decisions that does the exact opposite. I would rather volunteer to ref then go out there with the same refs again. That is my ".02" and there is not reason to say that I shouldnt be posting this on a forum that is designed for just that. I am sorry it is not a 100% go play at dfwap.

TL;DR I enjoy the players, field, and atmosphere at DWFAP. Refs are immature and lack of passion to grow the field/sport. They are more interested in letting their friends play on and alienate faces they do not know.
Do you have an specific examples you can give of this happening?

Like what kind of an altercation took place, specifically?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:13 AM #1563
BURN177
DIRTY SOUTH BALLER

BURN177 supports Team VICIOUS
BURN177 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BURN177 supports DLX Technology
BURN177 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky7jg View Post
What are the different kinds of memberships does DFWAP offer and what exactly do they do?
one kind, discounts
Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 AM #1564
BURN177
DIRTY SOUTH BALLER

BURN177 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundzr0 View Post
What is the turnout on Saturdays like at DFWAP (as in what percentage is recball, what is renters, and what is tourney players)?

Unfortunately I can't play on Sundays until mid May.
mainly more relaxed saturdays mainly beginners or rentals sunday is more tourny players.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 AM #1565
TexRex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeJimmyRustler69x View Post
Do you have an specific examples you can give of this happening?

Like what kind of an altercation took place, specifically?

Sure, It has been a little while but I think I can give you at least two examples.

1.) As stated before, Player being called clean from at least 30 yards away when he is behind a truck. Even if he can see 30 yards to determine if he was hit or not, ref did not have full sight of the player due to position of the bunker, player, and ref.

2.) One player was left on the other team, One ref called the game over, The one remaining player(team a) started walking off, as well as the whole other team (team b) (4-5 of them were left). The player on team A stood at edge of the boundary and deadbox then told the ref he was not giving up. The ref then said game was still live and the team b got lit up because we were walking off the field towards the dead box.

There are two very specific examples, I do not know names of players or descriptions of refs, All I can tell you is that if a player is coming out to DFWAP, this will upset them.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 PM #1566
Repeat_movement

Repeat_movement has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURN177 View Post
mainly more relaxed saturdays mainly beginners or rentals sunday is more tourny players.

unless you play nightball expect to play with rentals. every night ball ive been to has had about 15-20 "tourney" players and maybe 2-3 rentals.

also DFWAP is going to start renting axes so there might be a change in pace pretty soon.
Repeat_movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:00 AM #1567
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
But on the real, this place sucks, and don't even get me started on that Abenguyen guy. I know from a reliable source that he's ugly and can't read good, doesn't sound trustworthy to me.

Last edited by Diametunim : 08-27-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Diametunim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:26 AM #1568
BravoKilo21

Had a great time here a couple weeks ago. I'll definitely be coming back at some point but avoiding the summer heat and air soft sturday rallies. Us walk ons had to wait a long time to play 1 or 2 woodsball games due to a couple private groups and what seemed like 500 airsoft players taking priority. Our bad for not knowing ahead of time...
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM #1569
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametunim View Post
But on the real, this place sucks, and don't even get me started on that Abenguyen guy. I know from a reliable source that he's ugly and can't read good, doesn't sound trustworthy to me.
Dammmnn. *shotsfired*

Don't make me expose the truth about you.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 PM #1570
BURN177
DIRTY SOUTH BALLER

BURN177 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeat_movement View Post
unless you play nightball expect to play with rentals. every night ball ive been to has had about 15-20 "tourney" players and maybe 2-3 rentals.

also DFWAP is going to start renting axes so there might be a change in pace pretty soon.
This is true, nightball can be a blood bath sometimes . I'm glad to hear they will be renting axes I remeber when they rented ions so lets see how it goes this time.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 PM #1571
TexRex88

I tried Nightball this week after a poor experience with the day refs and I'd like to say the Nightball ref really sold me on coming back. The speed ball field needs some work, some holes near the sprinkler heads, some bunkers need re-staked, random turf out side of snake. I will be back for nightball as long as they continue it. The turn out was pretty poor though, Had 4 rentals and 6-7 "tourny" players.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM #1572
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

has been a member for 10 years
wisk plays in the PSP
wisk donated to help Peyton Trent
wisk plays in the APPA D3 division
wisk supports Empire
Quote:
I tried Nightball this week after a poor experience with the day refs and I'd like to say the Nightball ref really sold me on coming back. The speed ball field needs some work, some holes near the sprinkler heads, some bunkers need re-staked, random turf out side of snake. I will be back for nightball as long as they continue it. The turn out was pretty poor though, Had 4 rentals and 6-7 "tourny" players.
That 'random turf' is for snake players to get in and play the snake without tearing their bodies to crap on the hard dirt where real grass used to be.
wisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 PM #1573
Wunky
Be the Weapon

THIS RIGHT HERE.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01 AM #1574
TexRex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisk View Post
That 'random turf' is for snake players to get in and play the snake without tearing their bodies to crap on the hard dirt where real grass used to be.
This would be very understandable if the turf was remotely near the snake that night. It was a good 2-3 feet outside of the snake, If you are on this turf you are not in the snake. It might have simply a mistake on where the actual bunkers were placed that day, but they had no purpose for snake players this night.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 AM #1575
Wunky
Be the Weapon

What I don't understand is the rolls of turf sitting east of the airball field for the last two-three months.