Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 PM #1
llrelease

New to Spyders - Need help with bottom line regulator

I bought a Spyder Shutter at a garage sale, and I am having problems with the regulator. When I attach the CO2 bottle, the pressure blows out of a hole. I have tried a full bottle, and the result is the same. The hole is directly opposite the pressure adjust screw and there are no threads. Additionally, I can see right through the regulator if I remove the pressure adjustment screw.

I would like to understand how the regulator works with the hope of fixing it. If it is not repairable, I am looking for a replacement. I found a regulator for sale online (https://www.iisports.com/product.asp?s=iispaintball&dept_id=3202&pf_id=XP79 94A-BLU), but I don't know if it is an exact match.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am open to retrofitting with aftermarket parts, but need to keep the cost under $30. Thanks!
llrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM #2
llrelease

picture of hole where pressure is coming out

Old 12-06-2011, 12:26 PM #3
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sounds like a blown oring. You will have to take it apart to change it. I believe the silver part comes off somehow (hex screw I think) but I am not sure.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:06 PM #4
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
see the flat spots on the silver part? Put a wrench on there (adjustable or fixed) and take it off. It's an o-ring in there. If that's what is leaking.

But it sounds like it's just your tank o-ring on your CO2 tank. Try a new o-ring and see if that fixes the problem.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 PM #5
llrelease

It was the O-rings!

That was the problem. There are two o-rings on the sliding piston and both of them had turned to gum after not being used for several years. There is a 3rd o-ring that was fine, so I suspect the previous owner may have put a couple of drops of the wrong lubricant in the pressure release hole.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 AM #6
Chrstpip08

Disassembling Reg

How did you get the piston out of the reg to replace its o-rings?
Chrstpip08 is offline   Reply With Quote