ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-01-2016, 11:10 AM #1
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn
Do work son

has been a member for 10 years
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn plays in the PSP
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USPN Closed?

I just tried to play some walk on at USPN this past Saturday andthey never opened.

Are they shut down, or are they closed until spring or something? Anyone know what's going on?
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2016, 03:21 PM #2
PBClubDude
Patrol For Life!

PBClubDude plays in the USPL
PBClubDude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBClubDude plays in the APPA D5 division
I believe they are closed by the county until April 1st
Phone: 408-295-9015
SantaClaraPaintball.com San Jose, CA BigRedPhotography.net and USPN.BIZ Hollister, CA Children Of Anarchy 2006-2011
PBClubDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:58 PM #3
NateDog831

I think they open up in April, I'll probably start heading over to USPN once they're open since **** hit the fan at SCP
NateDog831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:54 PM #4
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn
Do work son

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog831 View Post
I think they open up in April, I'll probably start heading over to USPN once they're open since **** hit the fan at SCP
That's really unfortunate about SCP especially since I'd love to get into some lower division xball or WCPPL action now that I'm not stationed in Hawaii anymore. SCP sounded like exactly what I wanted and I went to check it out and it was nothing but rentals.

TAG was no good, SCP has fallen from Grace, and USPN is closed >.<
Old 02-01-2016, 10:57 PM #5
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Ninja Paintball
safariguy5 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn View Post
That's really unfortunate about SCP especially since I'd love to get into some lower division xball or WCPPL action now that I'm not stationed in Hawaii anymore. SCP sounded like exactly what I wanted and I went to check it out and it was nothing but rentals.

Yeah, unfortunately the tournament scene is centered more around Capital Edge out in Sacramento in this area.
Infinite Resistance #21

ASM Jersey Idea Thread 2016 Edition
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:57 AM #6
NateDog831

Quote:

I'm actually in the same boat, want to play more divisional ball,that why I was going to SCP for the last two years and it was great, met a cool group of guys and played a couple tournaments at capital edge. But SCP just drained me. With gas and everything, I honestly would've saved more money playing at Capital Edge every weekend than at SCP, and I live in the Monterey area, that's how outrageous it was
Old 02-02-2016, 01:08 AM #7
NateDog831

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariguy5 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately the tournament scene is centered more around Capital Edge out in Sacramento in this area.
Yeah Sacramento area starting to seem like the only option. Really hope it picks up again at USPN, they got a nice air ball field, great grass, great pricing, just the scene kept going north.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 AM #8
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn
Do work son

Quote:
Yeah Sacramento area starting to seem like the only option. Really hope it picks up again at USPN, they got a nice air ball field, great grass, great pricing, just the scene kept going north.
Damn, yeah I just got stationed in the Monterey area and I just can't justify five hours total drive time just for the Sunday grind. I'm getting too old for that stuff, lol.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 AM #9
NateDog831

Quote:
Damn, yeah I just got stationed in the Monterey area and I just can't justify five hours total drive time just for the Sunday grind. I'm getting too old for that stuff, lol.
I'm 20 and I still can't justify it lol. Funny thing, I was talking to some guys from Ironmen at SCP last year and 3 or four of their players live here and our from central coast. There coach lives in Prundale, hopeful they'll come by USPN and show some love lol
Old 02-02-2016, 06:51 PM #10
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA D1 division
Nate their new field will be TAG (Ironmen/Royalty) and should be up and running shortly. Right now its just rec ball fields, but they will have a new airball field up soon. Should be about a 40 min drive for you guys down in Monterey.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:17 PM #11
NateDog831

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionExpress View Post
Nate their new field will be TAG (Ironmen/Royalty) and should be up and running shortly. Right now its just rec ball fields, but they will have a new airball field up soon. Should be about a 40 min drive for you guys down in Monterey.
Really ?? That sounds pretty sweet. Defiantly will check it out. Are you guys taking over TAG or is it going to be same owner
Old 02-02-2016, 07:17 PM #12
Loner Norcal
NorcaL RecBall Player

Loner Norcal owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Loner Norcal has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Loner Norcal supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Wait, are you talking about TAG or USPN? It's a crying shame that now I have the funds to play more paintball that air ball dies at SCP.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:05 PM #13
DeAtHbYfRyInGpAn
Do work son

Quote:
Will the airball fields be exclusively for Royalty and Ironmen or will you allow a mix of speedball walk-ons and lower divisional players? Often times I see a high caliber team set up airball at a field but it's exclusively for them, and them alone.

Can you confirm or deny any of that?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:19 AM #14
NateDog831

I honestly don't mind sharing a field with Royalty. Just mainly concerned if we only get to use their ****ty $80 paint and play at 240 fp since its TAG. Kinda surprised Royalty affiliated with TAG now. The guy who runs TAG seems like he hates the tournement scene
Old 02-03-2016, 12:55 AM #15
NateDog831

But hey if there's going to be airball field at TAG now, I'm totally with it. I just want to play paintball, that's all I care about
Old 02-03-2016, 10:06 AM #16
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I honestly don't mind sharing a field with Royalty. Just mainly concerned if we only get to use their ****ty $80 paint and play at 240 fp since its TAG. Kinda surprised Royalty affiliated with TAG now. The guy who runs TAG seems like he hates the tournement scene
Never been to TAG, but they are hosting an AFPL event in a few months and they are advertising it on their website's front page. I would think they're at least receptive to expanding the speedball tournament scene.
Infinite Resistance #21

Old 02-03-2016, 01:20 PM #17
NateDog831

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariguy5 View Post
Never been to TAG, but they are hosting an AFPL event in a few months and they are advertising it on their website's front page. I would think they're at least receptive to expanding the speedball tournament scene.
Still kinda surprised about that, TAG really doesn't have a good rep around here. TAGs owner really caters to rentals, he forced me to take my Rotor off my gun so I could play, I wasn't even playing with kids either, since then I haven't been back. But hey if he wants to show some love to self equipped and tourney guys now, I'm all for it. I'll give TAG another chance
Old 02-03-2016, 02:01 PM #18
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Still kinda surprised about that, TAG really doesn't have a good rep around here. TAGs owner really caters to rentals, he forced me to take my Rotor off my gun so I could play, I wasn't even playing with kids either, since then I haven't been back. But hey if he wants to show some love to self equipped and tourney guys now, I'm all for it. I'll give TAG another chance
Perhaps the dialogue Ironmen opened with them after SCP has softened their stance a little bit. If they put up a speedball field, I think they could still segregate the rentals and the tournament players a bit. That or maybe they see an opportunity with SCP moving away from it and are trying to expand.
Infinite Resistance #21

Old 02-03-2016, 02:10 PM #19
Loner Norcal
NorcaL RecBall Player

Loner Norcal owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Loner Norcal has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Loner Norcal supports Ninja Paintball
So to summarize, tag is holding the following events...

1) April 30tj to May 1st AFPL
2) March 18th to 20th Scenario Event

Downside is no outside paint and $80 a case.and 240 fps limit.
I would be very surprised if they aren't changing their rules for the airball players, if that's true. That being said, admission/air is 14.95, which isn't too shabby if it's just recall
Old 02-03-2016, 02:14 PM #20
Superzeus
Domer

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Pro and upper divisional players aren't playing somewhere they have to turn velocity down. A lot of the Royalty and some of the Ironmen guys came up at TAG in their younger days so already had a relationship with the owner and took it from there when SCP went south.

OG FEEDBACK
Superzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:29 PM #21
NateDog831

I respect that. Well I hope they do change some rules at TAG then. Espically paint, atleast let us bring paint. $80 a case for their junk when I can get marbilizer and 5 star for that price isn't cutting it
ReplyRegional Ups