PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 PM #1
eVLution9450
I'm so throwed

Fin. Aid Question

I figured this would be the place to ask about this;

between last semester and this semester, I changed my major. The difference in credit hours for the major isn't too much, ~3-6hrs, but they're courses more specific to the degree I'm now seeking. However, checking my fin. aid account, they seem to have deducted 500 bucks off a grant that I had previously accepted.

My question is, can my financial aid (a grant I already accepted at the beginning of last semester, considered a year total) be reduced since I declared a different major with minimal credit hour difference? It's about 500 bucks worth that seems to have been revised and taken off, not that it's a huge deal, but it's some living expense money out of pocket.

edit; I'd ask the financial aid advisers, but they're so busy at this time of year it could take them a week to respond, and classes don't start for ~2wks to see them in person

I just felt mah dick move!

Last edited by eVLution9450 : 01-05-2012 at 09:57 PM.
eVLution9450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2012, 10:23 PM #2
mnp8nt
There is only Zuul

mnp8nt is playing at Living Legends III
mnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnp8nt supports Team VICIOUS
mnp8nt is an NCPA player
mnp8nt is Legendary
mnp8nt is attending Decay of Nations VII
Does your school have banded tuition? Usually if you take less than full time the amount you recieve will be reduced proportionally. If the grant was specifically for study in the previous major then yeah.