Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 AM #1
Dyeoblivion69

Dyeoblivion69 plays in the PSP
Dyeoblivion69 posts videos on PbNation
Dyeoblivion69 plays in the APPA D3 division
Demon reliability

Hey guys never shot or owned a demon, I know someone who had one when they first came out he said he had nothing but problems.

Just wondering how people are feeling about the reliability of the marker since it's been out for a while now (maybe fixed any bugs or issues now) and that I'm contemplating picking one up.
Dyeoblivion69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM #2
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
We have fixed all issues that have come to light with the marker. We do our best to look into each and every aspect of issues that has been brought up. We have seen a huge improvement since the first release and have since worked out all bugs.

Best thing i can say is lets get some demon owners in here to explain their experience with the markers and its reliabillity and over all performance from other markers out today.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM #3
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!

I've had my demon 4 months and the only real issue I've had was a leak at the Asa but that had been fixed with in updated part. I apply fresh lube everytime I play and let me tell you I play almost every weekend. I have zero issues where I was sidelined and couldn't play. It's very reliable in my book. You just have to treat your marker good. I trust Vanguard with their marker in my gearbag.

Last edited by Sick420 : 12-01-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM #4
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
You should not hesitate. This marker goes beyond any expectation I had. My team has (5) right now and we're getting ready to pick up a couple more in the near future. We have had nothing but a fantastic experience with the Vanguard products. The Vanguard US people are very friendly and incredibly helpful as well.

Sure we've had a couple issues as can be expected in first run of any new product (my personal Demon is serial #3, so we've been on since the earliest of early). I can say that the Vanguard people even went beyond expectation in correcting the early issues we'd experience by not just fixing the problem, but they corrected machining in several parts and then rolled out those parts to all users who registered their markers with the warranty info.

As for the performance of the marker, this thing is the best shooting marker I've ever owned. I've own a lot of high end markers, Smart Parts '09 Impulse, DLX Luxe, Bob Long Victory, etc. and this gun out performs (as a total package) all of them. And it costs several Hundred Dollars less than any of it's "competitors." I use quotes because I honestly think there isn't much in the way of competition.

Ask your local dealers to carry the brand, find one to check out, or just trust me, you won't regret it.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:01 PM #5
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Here's a little explanation I gave to a guy in another local thread regarding the Demon Vs Other brand, in this case BL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
Nic #27, don't be a moron.

The Vic Retails for ~$1500 and does not come with an OLED Board.

The Demon retails for ~$1000 and does come with an OLED board.

So, to compare apples to apples, the $1500 Vic REQUIRES you to UPGRADE the board to OLED.

The Demon shoots smoother than the Victory does too. I know Bob Long, when I was looking for a gun sponsors to replace my Luxe after Smart Parts (my previous gun sponsor) went out of business, I went to Bob and I went to Vanguard. I got a Vic and a Creed. Dollar for Dollar, Vanguard was the better marker when you compared performance aspects. The Creed came with a barrel kit, OLED board, and all the tools to maintain the marker. Plus other unnecessary fun bits. The Vic came with a single barrel, a Ryunjin Board. The Creed at the time retailed for $950, the Vic $1175. The upgrades needed in the Creed cost an additional $0. The upgrades for the vic to obtain optimal performance from that marker were 4C Eyes - $60, Supercharge - $50, Yakuza OLED Board $180, and a barrel kit of your choice, we'll call that $100. That made the cost of the Vic $1565 vs the Creeds $950. The Creed had the same air efficiency and I honestly felt was better than the Vic in reality. The Creed was also a smoother shooting marker than the Vic. The Vic was insanely fast in responsiveness. Felt great in the hand, balanced very well. I think it also had better machining tolerances than the Creed.

That's the Creed vs Vic. The Demon vs Vic is unfair to the Victory. Until you touch a demon and shoot it, don't even bother offering an opinion. Especially if you haven't used BOTH.

And as far as teching the Demon, I'll tech anybodies marker for them for free. That includes other markers as well, not just Vanguard markers. I have all the parts because yeah, I'M SPONSORED, OMG that means I can't have an honest bone in my body!!!! DO NOT TRUST ME!!!

And to be fair, that new milling on the Vic is gorgeous, it's a beautiful marker. It's a very solid, nice shooting marker. There is nothing wrong with it. I just think that the Vanguard product is a better product, and considering the price, a much better value.

Hence the reason, I CHOSE to be sponsored by them as opposed to the other option at the time. I hope anybody who has a sponsor has that sponsor because they believe in the product.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM #6
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
OP, I have onwed my demon since they first came out. I had one issue the entire time and Vanguard stood behind their customer serice and worked with me. I have not had any issues with reliability for the past couple months. When it comes down to playing, I play every weekend, shooting 2 cases each time and my demon has never gone down on me, shooitng in all types of weather, from 100+ degree summer heat to cold and raining. Since it operates at such a low pressure, you never have to worry about breaking a ball in the breach, even with the most brittle paint in the cold. For everything it comes with for the price, it is hard to beat.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM #7
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
overweightangel275 is for the Gunfight
I can tell you one thing, the Demon changes opinions quickly. They are fast, smooth, effiecient. Easy to maintain, and very gentle on paint. I have had people who never even heard of the demon take one out and use it during a game. When they come off the field all they do is rant and rave about how quiet and smooth it shot. Like any spool, you lube it up before you play with it. Simple enough. I know my opinion may seem biased. But I speak the truth. I have had die hard ego/eclipse shooters argue with me on the subject. And all I have to say is shoot the gun, and the gun speaks for me. Shoot this thing in the cold, the rain, the heat. And it works.

I think there arent enough people out there who really are exposed to the Demon, and the only way we can change that is if everyone's local fields and shops here the voices of the player to carry the product.
-Koker #37
East Coast Vanguard Marker Support
Looking for Demon and Creed Parts/Markers
http://www.vanguardpaintballusane.com
mike@vanguardpaintballusa.com
overweightangel275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM #8
Dyeoblivion69

hmmm sounds interesting i should be able to get my hands on one this weekend at a local field and see how I like it thanks everyone!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM #9
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
speaking of the issues, how can you tell which batch of demons likely have or corrected them? Is there like something on the serial number on newer demons that allow you to distinguish it right away?
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 PM #10
LeftHook
I hate having $$

LeftHook donated to help Peyton Trent
LeftHook is for the Gunfight
My Demon has been near flawless. I've had a total of two minor issues with it, and they are as follows:

cutting an o-ring on the ASA. Since then I've discovered that it's my GA tank that is actually the culprit.. the GA has an octagonal recess where the pin is located, and when you run the ASA all the way in, the o-ring contacts the edge of the tank. I hadn't changed the location of my fill nipple yet and had to slightly unscrew the tank to fill it, and when I backed out the ASA it cut the o-ring.. then I lost it and replaced it with another o-ring, which turned out to be just a tiny bit too big. Once I replaced it with the proper o-ring and stopped screwing the ASA all the way in until it stopped, the issue was solved.

The only other issue was my fault. I lubed the bolt, shot through less than 500 rounds and then didn't lube it again before the next practice and it was sticking at the end of the day. Since then, I've lubed it before each use and it's been flawless. I loved my Creed but this thing just never. breaks. paint. I mean, you can talk all day about accuracy, how smooth it is, weight, balance, looks, milling, the OLED screen.. I love the way it shoots and the OLED is much nicer than the Luxe's goofy voice box, but to me the best thing about it is that I never break paint.. it is so soft on even brittle paint in cold weather.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 PM #11
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
speaking of the issues, how can you tell which batch of demons likely have or corrected them? Is there like something on the serial number on newer demons that allow you to distinguish it right away?
You can contact us directly to verify. Most things you won't be able to notice unless you take the marker apart.
We keep all records of updated markers in our system here at VanguardUS.com
All markers sold from september 2011 to current have parts already i stalled.
By tracking our system we are only seeing 3 markers in the US and canada that have not been updated cause they have not been registered. So i highly dought it would be an issue.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 PM #12
FightingOriole
No sanity here

FightingOriole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
FightingOriole has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The thing to keep in mind when people complain about a marker, its usually a first run, which leads to upgrade kits and what have you. If your friend didnt hold onto it, and didnt get hold of customer service, thats his own fault.

I have had a couple small issues with mine, most of which were solved by switching from the Monkey Poo that is provided to Dow 55.. anything else has been taken care of by Eric and Kat with great customer service.

The demon is my very first spoolie. it has been a learning experience. but man is it rewarding. In a typical practice, I shoot about 11-13 pods plus full hopper, before worrying about filling my 68/4500 Ninja..the mainenance is simple and quick. If you have questions feel free to shoot a messge, but in the long run, its simple as this: the Demon is the best spoolie on the market. it is quiet, it is the most air efficient spoolie on the market, and it is dead sexy!
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:19 PM #13
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingOriole View Post
The thing to keep in mind when people complain about a marker, its usually a first run, which leads to upgrade kits and what have you. If your friend didnt hold onto it, and didnt get hold of customer service, thats his own fault.

I have had a couple small issues with mine, most of which were solved by switching from the Monkey Poo that is provided to Dow 55.. anything else has been taken care of by Eric and Kat with great customer service.

The demon is my very first spoolie. it has been a learning experience. but man is it rewarding. In a typical practice, I shoot about 11-13 pods plus full hopper, before worrying about filling my 68/4500 Ninja..the mainenance is simple and quick. If you have questions feel free to shoot a messge, but in the long run, its simple as this: the Demon is the best spoolie on the market. it is quiet, it is the most air efficient spoolie on the market, and it is dead sexy!

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:38 PM #14
Knucklez
VSB PREZ

has been a member for 10 years
Knucklez plays in the PSP
Knucklez posts videos on PbNation
Knucklez is an NCPA player
Right now I shoot a bob long ripper victory and in the past i've owned over 100 guns and hands down the demon is the quietest and has the least kick. The demon most reminds me of a luxe but the gun is silent and the efficiency blows the luxe out of the water. I had the luxury to test shoot one during WCPPL and NPPL this season and I am definitely contemplating getting rid of the ripper to pick up a demon.

Paintball Videographer
Knucklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 PM #15
OR Baller, CST
LUXE

OR Baller, CST plays in the PSP
OR Baller, CST owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OR Baller, CST plays in the APPA D4 division
OR Baller, CST supports DLX Technology
I was looking to get a new marker when I could afford to come back to the sport. I was looking at EVERYTHING, Axe, Ego 11, Geo 2.1, G6R, Vic v2, Luxe 1.5, and the DM 11.

I was looking at videos and found the Demon interesting, started researching and decided I wanted to try it. I went to my dealer shot a Geo 2 and a Pooty modded 1.5, felt nice but I really wanted to try the Demon so I told my shop to get me one to buy. I didn't get to shoot it until the next day which was my first day on the field.

Let me tell you that thing was so smooth that I thought it wasn't shooting. Every time I get to use it it's a complete joy. Maintaining is cake and efficiency numbers are pretty amazing.

There's a reason the Demon is causing a buzz, it's definitely above and beyond the expectations.
OR Baller, CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 PM #16
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

Are those efficiency numbers accurate? If so, that is f'ing amazing. I need to figure out how to get one of these things.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:08 PM #17
OR Baller, CST
LUXE

OR Baller, CST plays in the PSP
OR Baller, CST owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OR Baller, CST plays in the APPA D4 division
OR Baller, CST supports DLX Technology
Vanguardus.com, order directly from Vanguard!
OR Baller, CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 PM #18
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OR Baller, CST View Post
Vanguardus.com, order directly from Vanguard!
Lol, I know where I just need to know how to find the money and slip it past the wife.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:56 PM #19
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
Lol, I know where I just need to know how to find the money and slip it past the wife.
Buy her something good, then she won't nag half as much after
-Koker #37
East Coast Vanguard Marker Support
Looking for Demon and Creed Parts/Markers
http://www.vanguardpaintballusane.com
mike@vanguardpaintballusa.com
overweightangel275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:15 AM #20
mrook

mrook is for the Gunfight
mrook is for the Gunfight
My Demon has been outstanding ever since I bought it. Sure there were a few issues in the begining, but Eric and Kat quickly resolved it and ever since then it has been incredible.
Not to sound like a broken record, but the Demon is extremely quiet, smooth and deadly accurate. There are no needs for any aftermarket parts in my mind, so the asking price is a steal to be honest. For instance, the last tournament I played in was back in early November. The average temp. was sitting around the mid fourties with on and off rain throughout the day. The guns that were considered top of the line and cost up to or more than three to four hundred dollars for their setup then mine were having some serious melt downs/shooting soup all day. My Demon performed flawlesly all day, I had complete confidence in my gun and I was getting ball on ball accuracy and maybe broke two to three balls in the barrel all day.
All I have got to say is get your hands on one and try it out, you will not be dissapointed with this marker. Plus it is backed by an outstanding staff, which makes all the difference for me. If I come across a company with the same amount of pride and commitment that Eric and Kat have towards their product, consider me a customer for life.
Doc #27

Thank You to all my Sponsors
Vanguard Draxxus VForce Full Clip USA Tiberius Arms R7 USA Guerrilla Air Exalt Impact Action Sports BNS Paintball Dead Box Graphix 420 Creative

Last edited by mrook : 12-02-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: grammer
mrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 AM #21
Dyeoblivion69

Quote:

Don't take this offensively but if I didn't think already that all first runs have problems and most likely they could be fixed I wouldn't have asked if they are more reliable now then they were from the start, and yes my friend is an impatient gun whore so I definitely took that into consideration haha but it was not only him I heard it from I just figured I'd ask everyone how the demon is working now.

Other then that thanks for posting how you feel about the marker if your really getting that many pods thats crazy haha