Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 PM #1
MaxFactor
...stay sharp...

MaxFactor is playing at Living Legends VI
How many folks play in the winter?

Any tips? How do electro guns fair in the snow/wet weather? And are frozen paintballs really an issue?
MaxFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM #2
ShadowFiend
pH Squared Clothing

has been a member for 10 years
ShadowFiend plays in the APPA D5 division
I wouldn't suggest diving around in the snow with your gun, but the weather does seem to affect some guns more than others. Last winter the Clones were having troubles in the cold, chopping and overall oring problems.

Practice Hard, Play Harder
pH Squared Clothing
ShadowFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:00 AM #3
Seekey
Dave

Seekey plays in the PSP
Seekey plays in the APPA D3 division
Seekey supports Empire
Paint doesnt freeze solid....the core turns into kinda a slushie and the shell becomes very very brittle. If you freeze paint now days all you get is a mess in your breech.

Most popit type guns do better in cold (Egos/Timmys/Creed). Spools tend to have issues (Shockers/Clone/Matrix).

Youll have issues with paint smashing in your loader and gun. Paint shell gets brittle and will be more likely to break in your gun. Even Winter paint will still have issues when it gets colder. Plus everybodys wearing extra layers so breaks are harder to get.

Getting a snow on your gun is no big deal just if it gets wet dry it off at the end of the day. Dont let the board sit in water for a week in your gearbag lol.

Winter for competitve paintball sucks. For woodsball and just screwing around its pretty damn fun IMO.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 PM #4
reffing for fun

My best suggestion is to find an indoor field and if you want to save money find one that uses reballs.
reffing for fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 AM #5
Charlie13
Wipe yo FACE!

Charlie13 donated to help Peyton Trent
Charlie13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Charlie13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekey View Post
Paint doesnt freeze solid....the core turns into kinda a slushie and the shell becomes very very brittle. If you freeze paint now days all you get is a mess in your breech.

Most popit type guns do better in cold (Egos/Timmys/Creed). Spools tend to have issues (Shockers/Clone/Matrix).

Youll have issues with paint smashing in your loader and gun. Paint shell gets brittle and will be more likely to break in your gun. Even Winter paint will still have issues when it gets colder. Plus everybodys wearing extra layers so breaks are harder to get.

Getting a snow on your gun is no big deal just if it gets wet dry it off at the end of the day. Dont let the board sit in water for a week in your gearbag lol.

Winter for competitve paintball sucks. For woodsball and just screwing around its pretty damn fun IMO.
Pretty spot on. Played yesterday, about 30 degrees out. As my paint got colder the more soup I made.

FOXBALL MAJORS
NEXL D3 PREMEIRE

Charlie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:06 AM #6
Capital Paintball

Get Winter paint. Not the regular paint that is supposedly winterized, but specific winter paint. DXS Frostbite and RPS Polar Ice are the only two I know of.
We use Frostbite and play all through the winter in temps down to the teens and never break a ball.
shot it yesterday, I dont think the temperature got over freezing, it shot great for everyone.

As far as guns in the cold, go simple. the more basic the gun the better. Electros will work but avoid spool style guns.

The real trick to cold weather play is to slow down your rate of fire. you will have a lot less problems if just shoot slower.
Capital Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 AM #7
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
we practiced for PSP texas last year by snowbowing the field before every practice...

we shot all geo2's (egos hadnt come in yet) and they shot flawlessly....we are talking temps in the teens with snow on the field...here is a pic:

so spool valves are no problem Planet eclipse knows what they are doing
Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 PM #8
MaxFactor
...stay sharp...

MaxFactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney003 View Post
we practiced for PSP texas last year by snowbowing the field before every practice...

we shot all geo2's (egos hadnt come in yet) and they shot flawlessly....we are talking temps in the teens with snow on the field...here is a pic:

so spool valves are no problem Planet eclipse knows what they are doing
I saw that in the most recent Artifact video. Big props to you and your team! Too bad no one up here in VT seems to be as hardcore as you guys. I'd be totally willing to snowblow and play but my local field doesn't operate past the first few weeks of December. I'm planning a weekend trip to Boston Indoor though
MaxFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:51 PM #9
PhantomDuckie

PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Winter scenarios are a blast. Russian Front at Strategy Plus in Feb last year with 25+" on the ground was amazing. This years Russian Front is on the 4th come and play. Russians are lead by me and the 518 Germens lead by West Point Cadets

Doing what I do and getting lost behind emeny lines 1 field at a time.
PhantomDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups