PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 PM #1
kspeedy
I shoot real guns too.

Is it worth it?

I want to get a new paintball gun for scenarios and I want it to look as realistic as possible. I have an tippmann a5 with all the upgrades on it, except I hate the look of a hopper.
I was looking at milsig (specifically http://www.choicepaintballguns.com/product/MCC-015) and I can't decide if its worth getting an extremely realistic gun with an 18rd mag, or sticking with an ugly bulky hopper on a new x7.
Basically, is a milsig worth the money only having 18 rounds at a time?
kspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2011, 07:20 PM #2
JESTERTLS

Only you can answer that. Can you deal with limited ammo play? If so, then mag fed is pretty good. And they do have 20 round mags now...
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:02 PM #3
robot0ninja

rap4 makes box mags that hold 250 rounds (dont hold me to it on the actually capacity) they work with milsig guns so youll still be extremely realistic and not sacrifice fire power. ive tried mag fed, and it was fun, but most of the time i just want my hopper back, i dont care if it looks retarded considering this is paintball, not real war
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:51 AM #4
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
rap4 makes box mags that hold 250 rounds (dont hold me to it on the actually capacity) they work with milsig guns so youll still be extremely realistic and not sacrifice fire power. ive tried mag fed, and it was fun, but most of the time i just want my hopper back, i dont care if it looks retarded considering this is paintball, not real war
You can get those hopper caps so you don't have the whole hopper. I think I saw them on Opsgear.com
Old 10-10-2011, 02:16 PM #5
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
Only you can answer that. Can you deal with limited ammo play? If so, then mag fed is pretty good. And they do have 20 round mags now...
That is the $95 question. Try this, run a normal gun, even a rental, put 20 paintballs in the hopper, get a few pods, load them with 20 rounds, go out and play, see how it feels to you.

I personally, feel my mechanical is outgunned during some scenario play. Long balling, defending a huge push, making a huge push, covering someone who is making a bunker run etc... And that's with me using a 200rd electogizmo hopper with a remote line and 600 rds of paint in my pack. My mechanical can't keep up with electro/ramping type guns in certain situations. If you can stay out of those "certain" situations, you can play with a 10 rnd pump vs anyone. Depends on your play style and how much frazzles you.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM #6
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

i think it would be a blast against people who are geared up in the same manner. would probably get old at regular games. just like playing with just a pistol all the time. Unless of course you had some sory of serious accuracy edge. but i don't see that happening. Maybee those first strike rounds but i have not tried them yet

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:28 PM #7
Abnmp78

I play with a A5 w/ a50 rd hopper. Mech trigger. Yes electros can fire more than I. The main thing is to watch the reloads. I top off a lot so never really short. Play big games and rec and d
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM #8
Abnmp78

I play with a A5 w/ a50 rd hopper. Mech trigger. Yes electros can fire more than I. The main thing is to watch the reloads. I top off a lot so never really short. Play big games and rec and dont feel out gunned. Playing pistol or pump is a different style. Love it, but in big games it's easy to be out ranged.
So go for it just be ready to reload much more.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM #9
Christensen122

Christensen122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It really just depends on how much more fun you think you'd have with it. I have some buddies that would tell you in a heartbeat that it is worth and then a couple others that call them idiots haha

Long Island, NY
Jets
Mets
Rangers
Christensen122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 AM #10
emblem140
VALOR

emblem140 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
emblem140 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
emblem140 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would just stay with the hopper. Yeah they are big and ugly but thats a hell of alot more ammo in your hopper then in the mags. Think about it this way, one hopper carries 200 rounds thats equal to 11 clips you would have to carry to make up for ONE hopper. Now lets put it in to what a normal scenario player would carry on to the field. Lets say you have your 200 round hopper and 6 140 round pods, thats 1040 rounds, it would take 58 clips to carry that much ammo. so from a logistics point of view, hopper wins always and hands down

Battle of Stalingrad '07,'08,'10,'11,'12,'13'14|Battle for Berlin '11,'12|Battle Of Britain '13|ION '10,'11,'12,'13,'14
emblem140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:13 AM #11
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
You might look into using a 'TAC-CAP,'
which is cut down so it just holds 30
rounds. Then instead of the larger
pods, switch over to 'TAC-PODS.' They
also hold just 30 rounds and the best
part is three of them fit in the same
mag pouch used by DOD to hold 3
30 rd M16 mags.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM #12
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsai View Post
You might look into using a 'TAC-CAP,'
which is cut down so it just holds 30
rounds. Then instead of the larger
pods, switch over to 'TAC-PODS.' They
also hold just 30 rounds and the best
part is three of them fit in the same
mag pouch used by DOD to hold 3
30 rd M16 mags.

Sincerely,
Hate to admit it, but AVP has the right idea. Try out a tac cap, and see if you can handle it.

If I were you though, and I was going to go to a magazine setup, I would go with something that was compatible with First Strike rounds. Other guys may have an edge on you ammo wise, but you'll have much better range and accuracy. Some fields don't allow them, so check before hand. Worse case scenario, if you come to a field that doesn't let you use FS rounds, you can switch back to normal paintballs no problem.

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 AM #13
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Here's one more newsworthy tip, APP is now
offering clear TAC CAPs. These ought to let
you keep track of how many rounds you've
got left.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 AM #14
robot0ninja

I agree with crazy harry, get FS compatible. get the magazine conversion get from tacamo for your a5. it has a D shaped breech for the first strike rounds so as soon as any company that makes rap4/milsig compatible first strike magazines youll be out shooting everyone. and people, he doesnt want a hopper, so stop suggesting a tac cap, you still have this ugly large cylinder on the side of your gun, he doesnt want that.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:36 PM #15
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
I agree with crazy harry, get FS compatible. get the magazine conversion get from tacamo for your a5. it has a D shaped breech for the first strike rounds so as soon as any company that makes rap4/milsig compatible first strike magazines youll be out shooting everyone. and people, he doesnt want a hopper, so stop suggesting a tac cap, you still have this ugly large cylinder on the side of your gun, he doesnt want that.
i second the tacamo mag feed kit idea. i just put one on an x7 last night. ive also played with my friend's rap4 t68 a few times now. personally, i love mag feed markers. when i get my x7 and mag feed kit, i am also going to get the rap4 box mag. the great thing about going this route, even with the box mag, the conversion kit added to a markeer you already have is a lot cheaper than buying even a basic rap4 mag fed marker alone.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:13 PM #16
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
i second the tacamo mag feed kit idea. i just put one on an x7 last night. ive also played with my friend's rap4 t68 a few times now. personally, i love mag feed markers. when i get my x7 and mag feed kit, i am also going to get the rap4 box mag. the great thing about going this route, even with the box mag, the conversion kit added to a markeer you already have is a lot cheaper than buying even a basic rap4 mag fed marker alone.

and a much better shooting marker than a rap4!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 PM #17
Psiworx

The new MILSIG Elite's MK IIs are out now. The new CQB is only $289.99 Most of your A-5 stuff will probably fit on it. 20 round magazines are standard now too.

http://psiworx.com/psiops/

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:54 PM #18
ChurchTRPT

Like others have said, it depends on your playing style.

For me, I've gone minimal paint because I like to play Medic at scenario games. My primary role is to stay out of direct firefights (but running bunker to bunker during them is a BLAST!), get to players and heal them, and then get out. Occasionally I do need to defend myself and previously I've run pump (which worked ok), pistol (a step up from pump imo), but this is a more ideal setup for me. I can run light but push paint when I need to. Works for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM #19
Abnmp78

Use the tac hopper. 30-50 rds. See if you like playing with limited paint. Then decide if you want to spend the money on mags