Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2013, 12:42 PM #337
Grantiforous

Grantiforous supports Empire
I'm using sl33k. I had my stock bolt tuned to perfection, but I'm not one to just leave anything be. I had the same low velocity/inconsistency issues with my boss bolt too, so I thought I'd give lurker a try. Plus I really liked everything I read about them. I will have to go through all my orings and see what I can do.

Jungle Camo Macdev Clone GTi: Pooty bolt, Critical trigger.

Titanium/Red Bob Long G6R: 4c laser eyes, thumb drive pillow bolt, LP poppet, TechT zero ping ram, super D detents, Critical trigger.

I also have a small pump collection.
Grantiforous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2013, 02:09 PM #338
Grantiforous

Ok, I'm on the verge of giving up. I've tried hand fitting both -012 and -013 orings on the poppet, tried both stock and urethane bolt guide orings (along with the buna -012 on the rearmost guide oring), urethane -015 and buna -016 on the spacer, back cap no more then 1.5 turns out at any time, reg up to 200 psi, and my dwell from 3-10 ms. I can't even get a reading off the chrono. The ball rolls out and bounces away. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to think I'm not meant to have anything besides the stock bolt.

Titanium/Red Bob Long G6R: 4c laser eyes, thumb drive pillow bolt, LP poppet, TechT zero ping ram, super D detents, Critical trigger.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:11 PM #339
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
When you slide the bolt on the guide/spacer, how does it feel? be descriptive as possible - low velo is almost always friction in my experience.

Definitely feel for metal on delrin binding.

Also, if you do the "2 ball" blowback test that can inform us about poppet to bolt timing, which can be very helpful.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:20 PM #340
Grantiforous

I feels loose over the guide orings unless I put the -012 as the rear oring. If I push the bolt down over the -015 and try lifting the guide by the bolt it slides off with little resistance. It sticks when I try the -016. It doesn't move at all when the lip is over the -015 and -014 on the spacer. I have to pull it off.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:21 PM #341
Grantiforous

I did the blow back test too and the second ball never popped out more then 3-4 inches with any setup I tried.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:44 PM #342
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
So it's only when the bolt is fully back in position that it becomes very hard to remove, correct?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:12 PM #343
Grantiforous

Correct. When I first got it installed it felt like the front lip of the spacer was rubbing the inside of the bolt. Doesn't feel like that as much now.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:15 PM #344
Grantiforous

Swapped everything back to stock and still can't shoot a ball over 10 feet out of my barrel, so I'm guessing it's something more then just the poppet or bolt. What else could it be? Solenoid? Reg?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 PM #345
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
battery comes to mind....

With regard to the lurker bolt itself, definitely check to make sure where the spacer halves meet, you're not getting metal on delrin interference.

Ryan
Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 PM #346
Grantiforous

Battery is a brand new Procell. I even just switched to another new battery to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:15 PM #347
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantiforous View Post
Battery is a brand new Procell. I even just switched to another new battery to make sure that wasn't the issue.
Try this... air up the gun with no hopper or barrel and turn the eyes off. Put your hand over the front (where the barrel would be) and make a fairly tight seal and fire it. Is it enough to pop your hand off the front or is it weak? If it's weak, then it could be the noid or board. If it is pretty strong then your poppet isn't actuating with paint... due to friction somewhere or too low a dwell.

New ideas being shown at: inceptionforums.com
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 PM #348
Grantiforous

It is weak. Going to try to find the gauge from my sniper to make sure my gauge didn't go bad. I think I may need to call KEE on this one.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 PM #349
ironyusa

Based on your sig... try putting the stock eye board back in. If that doesn't work, then try removing the foregrip extender. I'd be willing to bet it's one of the 2. Does everything work with the stock bolt?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:10 PM #350
Grantiforous

I had the extender off already. I haven't tried going back to the stock eyes yet. I'm still having the same issue when I went back to the stock bolt and reset my redline.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 PM #351
ironyusa

I'm thinking it's definitely the eye board.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 PM #352
Grantiforous

Really? How do the eyes affect it?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:33 AM #353
Grantiforous

Looks like you were right. Went back to stock board and it feels like it should be shooting just fine now. Perfect time for the board to go bad, same time I'm trying to tune a bolt haha. I just sent virtue an email for a replacement. Now I can finally get my bolt tuned in! Thanks for everything guys!

Old 11-26-2013, 02:20 AM #354
ChaseJax

ChaseJax is attending Decay of Nations VII
ChaseJax supports Empire
Damn smart ppl in this forum!
ChaseJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:29 AM #355
radray

radray supports Empire
I have to concur. I have learned so much and am still learning. Glad they figured out what was wrong with Grantiforous' marker.
radray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:14 AM #356
ironyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantiforous View Post
Really? How do the eyes affect it?
Glad you got it fixed.

The eye board is unique in the axe. It sends the signal from the microswitch and then receives the solenoid charge in addition to the normal eye functions. Sometimes they break the connection/ degrade the charge going to the noid. I'm not an electronics guru so I'm not sure if there's an easier way to narrow stuff like you were experiencing down to a single board itself or the noid. Unfortunately, it seems like process of elimination troubleshooting.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:41 PM #357
MadMaxAxe

MadMaxAxe supports Empire
Ryan, Hi, I was ripping with my Axe and your "money" bolt and had my first ball break ever, swabed my barrel and started ripping and the paint was all over the place. I got hit blah blah you know the deal.

I take out the bolt guide and notice the second o-ring has been ripped in half. What would cause this? My o-ring set up is, from the tip .016, .014, .014.

You have a great product and can't wait for the poppet.
MadMaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote