Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM #1135
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Coach who should take the bus to work

Bobby Petrino (38), Arkansas. He’s a great coach but a perpetually chippy guy, and it showed when he appeared to be F-bombing Les Miles from across the field late in LSU’s beatdown of the Razorbacks. Then Petrino gave Miles a blow-off postgame handshake. At apparent issue was an LSU field goal with about five minutes to play that made the final score 41-17 – nothing at all egregious for a team trying to lock up a spot in the national championship. The Dash remembers watching Petrino hang 70 on Cincinnati, 69 on North Carolina, 65 on Houston, 63 on Oregon State and 61 on Florida Atlantic. Now that same guy is mad about a field goal being kicked on his third-ranked team? Have a hankie, Bobby.

Quote:
Defensive Player of the Year: CB Tyrann Mathieu (5), LSU. He’s a Pocket Polamalu. He’s Ed Reed with a little less speed. He’s completely unimpressive physically at 5 feet 9 and 180 pounds – yet he’s one of the most impactful defensive backs college football ever has seen. “The Honey Badger” is tied for second among all active players in forced fumbles, with 11 – and he’s a sophomore who has played only 24 games. He’s scored three touchdowns this season and ranks seventh nationally in punt returns. He leads a star-studded defense in tackles. He takes what he wants, and he’s taken LSU to the verge of the BCS championship game.
My *****... er... badger...
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM #1136
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
No one ever said it didn't. The last really solid argument for the current system is that it makes ever regular season game important. Except if Bama wins the NCG game this year, just how important was their first matchup against LSU?

the BCS system is basically advertised as working to avoid rematches in meaningful games, so the impetus is on the BCS to avoid rematches. A playoff system makes no such claim.

Honestly 8 team playoff could be implemented with next to no impact on the current schedule. rose, fiesta, sugar and orange bowl essentially becomes your quarter finals. Teams play at the very most 2 extra games under this situation.

Hell after super conferences become a reality, you basically have the conference championships work as a the first leg for a quasi-16 team playoff with little to no impact on the current schedule.
you could not possibly be any more right.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM #1137
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
No one ever said it didn't. The last really solid argument for the current system is that it makes ever regular season game important. Except if Bama wins the NCG game this year, just how important was their first matchup against LSU?

the BCS system is basically advertised as working to avoid rematches in meaningful games, so the impetus is on the BCS to avoid rematches. A playoff system makes no such claim.

Honestly 8 team playoff could be implemented with next to no impact on the current schedule. rose, fiesta, sugar and orange bowl essentially becomes your quarter finals. Teams play at the very most 2 extra games under this situation.

Hell after super conferences become a reality, you basically have the conference championships work as a the first leg for a quasi-16 team playoff with little to no impact on the current schedule.
*awaits lulzy BCS fanboi replies*
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 11-29-2011, 01:43 PM #1138
jdm001
will randomly type lyrics

jdm001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdm001 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdm001 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
last year sucked, that's why I am holding out hope we get lucky this year. Idk how it's been there, but it's been 60s here for the past month, which is very unusual, and awesome.
What the **** is this? I've been freezing my *** off in Alabama for the last few weeks and it's warm in the northeast?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM #1139
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
yep. going for a drive this weekend to celebrate. Too bad car is on snows already.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 11-29-2011, 01:47 PM #1140
I'm ALPHA..Suck my D

It was like 70 here Sunday and 60's yesterday.
That's a Saint mutha****a simplify it for them where your funeral comes with a 2nd line at the end yeah
But you won't be second linin with them
Cause you be in the hearse that's behind all of them
Old 11-29-2011, 01:49 PM #1141
madgaot33

madgaot33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it was hovering around 60 for awhile, not its in the 30's/40's
Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM #1142
automagsrule
LOIC

got below freezing for a couple days but its back to regular washington 50 and overcast.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM #1143
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I'm pretty sure Spyder is trolling on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I sure as hell hope so.
Lets all hope so.

Quote:
At the time, that game was very important. It shot Bama's title hopes to hell. It wasn't the BCS that put Bama back in the game. It was every other team with a valid claim crapping on themselves the next two weeks. Sorry but Ok St losing to an unranked 30 point dog trumps Bama's loss in OT to #1 LSU.

And it's still important in the sense that it cost Bama a perfect season and a shot at the SEC title. Let Bama fans kid you all they want that the SEC title isn't important. It is.

Quote:
the BCS system is basically advertised as working to avoid rematches in meaningful games, so the impetus is on the BCS to avoid rematches.
Um, what? No, it's advertised as putting the two best teams in the BCS National Title game. I've never heard any claim that it's designed to prevent rematches. What's your source for that claim?

Quote:

It's not as simple as everyone likes to make it out to be. There is a lot more to consider than the average fan will ever care to know. I did a series of articles on it when I was a Sports Editor. Before doing the story, I was a playoff supporter too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
*awaits lulzy BCS fanboi replies*
There ya go!

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM #1144
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Despite all conjecture on whether it should happen or not. If Okie Lite wins this weekend. I really think the voters will put them in the championship game. I think enough people don't want to see a rematch and have enough spite against the SEC.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 11-29-2011, 02:34 PM #1145
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
At the time, that game was very important. It shot Bama's title hopes to hell. It wasn't the BCS that put Bama back in the game. It was every other team with a valid claim crapping on themselves the next two weeks. Sorry but Ok St losing to an unranked 30 point dog trumps Bama's loss in OT to #1 LSU.
right. so that game doesn't matter. twist it however you want, in the national championship picture, that game is irrelevant

Quote:
Um, what? No, it's advertised as putting the two best teams in the BCS National Title game. I've never heard any claim that it's designed to prevent rematches. What's your source for that claim?
A rematch inherently makes the first matchup less important. Who cares if you lost the first time, you get a do over. The BCS drums on and on about the sanctity of the regular season. Rematch undermines that.

Quote:
It's not as simple as everyone likes to make it out to be. There is a lot more to consider than the average fan will ever care to know. I did a series of articles on it when I was a Sports Editor. Before doing the story, I was a playoff supporter too.
But it could be. For everyone but the best 4 teams in the country, NOTHING changes. A total of 3 extra football games would be played over the current system. slightly altering the schedule for 3 more games total is not the logistical nightmare BCS supporters wants us to believe.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 11-29-2011, 02:35 PM #1146
madgaot33

you sec queers need to shut up. I don't understand the persecution complex at all, nobody gives a **** what conference the teams are in, its just nobody wants to see an ot game with 15 pts thanks to one herp offense and one derp offense.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:38 PM #1147
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
LSU is 13th in PPG.

████████████████████████
Old 11-29-2011, 02:38 PM #1148
I'm ALPHA..Suck my D

Why would you put a team who lost to an unranked team in, vs a team who lost to the #1 team?

Makes no sense.

Not to mention that team got crushed by the unranked team, and the team that lost to the #1 team only lost by a field goal and didn't allow a td.

Makes no sense.
That's a Saint mutha****a simplify it for them where your funeral comes with a 2nd line at the end yeah
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM #1149
madgaot33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
LSU is 13th in PPG.
College per game stats are almost meaningless. They get skewed so much by playing **** teams for 50+% of the season.

Houston should be in the NC. Only other team with no losses.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 PM #1150
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm ALPHA..Suck my D View Post
Why would you put a team who lost to an unranked team in, vs a team who lost to the #1 team?

Makes no sense.

Not to mention that team got crushed by the unranked team, and the team that lost to the #1 team only lost by a field goal and didn't allow a td.

Makes no sense.
Because said team has played a schedule just as hard if not harder and lost by one score in OT. Hardly crushed, not surprised you don't know what you are talking about though. Also, said team is playing in a conference championship against a top ten ranked team this week while the other guy is sitting at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgaot33 View Post
College per game stats are almost meaningless. They get skewed so much by playing <del>****</del> teams for 50+% of the season.
That would probably make sense if you weren't talking about LSU.

████████████████████████
Old 11-29-2011, 02:45 PM #1151
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
LOL let me see the tears kelly.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/vi...selposition=17

████████████████████████
Old 11-29-2011, 02:47 PM #1152
I'm ALPHA..Suck my D

Oklahoma state lost to an unranked team, that's bad.

They also give up like 26 points a game.

They suck.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:49 PM #1153
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm ALPHA..Suck my D View Post
Oklahoma state lost to an unranked team, that's bad.

They also give up like 26 points a game.

They suck.
What happened to them getting crushed?

EDIT: And patrice O'neal died.

████████████████████████
Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM #1154
I'm ALPHA..Suck my D

They did get crushed just not on te score board. Iowa st dominated time of possession and had more offense.

Iowa state isn't ranked.

Oklahoma state lost to an unranked team.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM #1155
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
LSU is 13th in PPG.
Yet only managed to put up 9 against Bama's D.

Here's the thing: McCarron and Lee are not good enough to make plays against the defenses of LSU and Alabama. So the teams have to rely on the run game/short passes to make plays. When the opposing defense, coaches, and coordinators know exactly that the gameplan is to hand off/throw screens to your running back and hope for the best bc your QB can't throw downfield, it makes for a really, really, low scoring game.

It was special teams and defense that won LSU the game the first time. I just don't see either QB at either school opening up the field enough to make much of a difference if they meet again.

J.J was able to make some plays happen, but mostly with his legs before he did it with his arm.

I guess you could try to implement an option style of offense like GSU/GT since that had some effect in the game against Bama, but do you honestly think Saban and company will not be prepared for it with a month of practice before the championship game? I think if there is a rematch, it will be just as low scoring; teams seem to play pretty tight in the championship game the past few years.

I think voters and fans would just rather see Okie State get a shot at LSU, and see if their 'prolific' offense can win against LSU's stellar defense.
Closed Thread