Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 AM #253
casultytosociety
BlacMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgaot33 View Post
obviously, but that's not the point.

Its a 42 inch 1080p tv for 200dollars. if you even just get a year of use out of it- money well spent.

I have a 26 inch westinghouse that I got 3 years ago that's still goin strong. Clearly, not a great tv, but to play MW3 in my room or watch movies on its fine.
eh. i'm just going to utilize walmart's 3 month return policy and basically rent a super nice tv until i need that money for rent or something. i just have to wait until february because i don't have enough financial aid right now. i also might be getting a tv from my new potential job. the complex used to have huge flat screens in every living room, but people would move out with them. they don't do it anymore, but i'd imagine complex employees still get hooked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post
You black friday *****s are crazy.
i went to walmart after i bailed on best buy when they ran out of my ****.

it was a **** show. i didn't get a tv though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
No line to wait in
link? i'm not familiar with that stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgaot33 View Post
not if its like a second or third tv...
yeah. i'm getting a tv for my living room and my bedroom. it would be totally ok if i had TVs already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
my college internet was insanely fast.
my apartment is like 0.11 download. my new/potential boss is hooking me up with better internet, though.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2011, 12:54 AM #254
u r a bucs fan

All the Aggies I know are relishing in their consolation prize that they are now rid of all the hate from UT and the rest of the Big 12. Do they not realize what the SEC is like???

And no its not a mil. bucks. TB buccaneers, or ohio st. buckeyes fan.

GREEN MONKEYS FTW
Old 11-25-2011, 12:59 AM #255
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
No line to wait in

It also included some special edition poster with the order? Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Just bought BF3 for $31.79 thanks to Kolder.
Double

It was out tonight when my mom checked at walmart, so right on. I wait for a few weeks and get it half off. Titties.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:45 AM #256
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg View Post
Le sigh. All I got was several hours of my life wasted, and a 1080p tv 24 inches to be my new computer monitor for 85. ****it
You should've put the smackdown on all those cuts people. That **** shouldn't fly.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 11-25-2011, 02:22 AM #257
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Armor lock is so ****ing gay.

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 11-25-2011, 02:30 AM #258
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

I haven't played Reach since the first few months after it came out. I ****ing owned some *****es with armor lock. Waited until they had to reload and beat them down twice.

Boom.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:02 AM #259
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
I haven't played Reach since the first few months after it came out. I ****ing owned some *****es with armor lock. Waited until they had to reload and beat them down twice.

Boom.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. I mean if someone goes into it I don't keep pumping ammo into them. I ran into this whole team that used it tonight. Any time this guy would get engaged, he would go into armor lock, wait until one of his butt buddies came around and then if I shot the butt buddy he'd come out and they'd double team me. Not to mention if you're right next to them while they're in armor lock when they come out they can one hit melee kill you. It's extremely overpowered. None of the other abilities bother me except for one feature of active camo, and even that isn't bad. I had to go back to the classic playlists there were so many armor lock guys in regular slayer tonight.

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 11-25-2011, 03:18 AM #260
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

I hate that they incorporated classes and armor abilities into Halo Anniversary. hey should have just added regular matchmaking Halo:CE style. I won't buy that game until it falls in price.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:02 AM #261
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
I hate that they incorporated classes and armor abilities into Halo Anniversary. hey should have just added regular matchmaking Halo:CE style. I won't buy that game until it falls in price.
Meh, they marketed it as CE campaign with Reach multiplayer on classic maps. The gameplay is pretty different from regular Reach though, and I like it.

You should try the Beta TU playlist in Reach. It's for testing for the upcoming title update. It's awesome, there's no bloom, reduced armor abilities, etc.

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 AM #262
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
You should've put the smackdown on all those cuts people. That **** shouldn't fly.
Clearly that happened if half the towns cops showed up to keep **** under control. They failed hard though

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 AM #263
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Is Eric Reid playing today, corndogs?

I don't know how I feel about this game. On one hand, I'd like to see Arkansas win and send Alabama to the SECCG because I want the whole enchilada, but on the other, I really, really want to play LSU for the title in New Orleans in order to avenge 'Bama's only loss. Added to that, I'm a little concerned about what an Arkansas victory could do to cultivate BCS chaos, though Alabama is likely in, regardless.

I still reserve the right to change my mind, but for now, the revenge factor wins out ... Geaux Tigers.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:36 AM #264
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

I will say this... if LSU and Bama have a rematch for the title, LSU will not win without Lee getting time in the pocket.

If the speed option does beat Alabama twice by the same team, it is time to revisit the discussion of just how good of a coach Saban is.

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 11-25-2011, 11:42 AM #265
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I will say this... if LSU and Bama have a rematch for the title, LSU will not win without Lee getting time in the pocket.

If the speed option does beat Alabama twice by the same team, it is time to revisit the discussion of just how good of a coach Saban is.
I don't think the speed option beat us the first time. LSU had some success with it in the first half and they had that good run with it in OT, but it got stuffed pretty frequently and LSU, even with the option, still couldn't drive the ball.

As I've pointed out before, I think a rematch would favor Alabama because it will give the UA staff time to game plan for Jordan Jefferson and what he brings to the table, something they didn't spend much time on in the first game.

One of the narratives following Game of the Century I is the rise of Jordan Jefferson to LSU starter after Lee reverted back to his old ways. That has some interesting implications, because I, like many LSU fans, think the offense runs better through Lee. However, Lee showed that he's still Jarrett Lee against an elite defense, creating a catch-22 type situation at quarterback where you have one guy that can handle the pressure but doesn't give you much in the passing game, and another that can throw the ball pretty well, but will also throw picks when he feels pressure.

I want to see how LSU manages its quarterbacks against Arkansas today.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:48 AM #266
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

A big issue is LSU didn't protect Lee for **** (who has against Bama?) and so he went back to his herp derp. It is pretty simple... no one knew who the **** Rueben Randle was when Jefferson was the QB. LSU has to solve pass protection against Alabama because I just don't see the option game having the success it had in round 1... especially after the debacle Alabama's defense had against GSU.

As far as Arky, I imagine LSU will chuck it maybe 15 times and run it 40+ times. LSU's motto is "throw when you need to."

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 11-25-2011, 12:00 PM #267
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Iowa punting from the Nebraska 38.

That's some ****ty pussified coaching, right there.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:04 PM #268
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
A big issue is LSU didn't protect Lee for **** (who has against Bama?) and so he went back to his herp derp. It is pretty simple... no one knew who the **** Rueben Randle was when Jefferson was the QB. LSU has to solve pass protection against Alabama because I just don't see the option game having the success it had in round 1... especially after the debacle Alabama's defense had against GSU.

As far as Arky, I imagine LSU will chuck it maybe 15 times and run it 40+ times. LSU's motto is "throw when you need to."
Yeah, good points; once Lee felt the touch of Hightower and Upshaw, he totally lost his composure. Further, he doesn't seem to thrive throwing into tight coverage when his receivers are well-defended. One of the biggest questions heading into the first game was who would win the matchups between Alabama's wide outs and LSU's defensive backs and Alabama's defensive backs against LSU's wide outs. Although Alabama's guys don't have the talent and upside of Odell Beckham Jr. and Rueben Randle, they do have a lot more experience, and UA veterans Hanks and Maze were able to make themselves targets in the passing game much more consistently than the considerably less-experienced Stud and Randle, who couldn't get enough separation from Menzie and Dre to factor into the game. If you go back and watch the game, you can see Lee checking down from Randle frequently. That combination of fierce pressure and blanketed receivers effectively ****ed him over and he went back to being Jarrett Lee. I guess what I'm saying is that while Lee certainly has a pedigree of ****ing up in big places, he still cannot be fully blamed for his poor performance against Alabama because his offensive line and wide receivers weren't doing him any favors.

If we get a rematch, LSU's wide receivers will have to establish their presence against 'Bama's secondary. As you accurately pointed out, Randle only flourished under Lee, who throws a very pretty deep ball, complimenting Randle's best asset - his ability to make huge plays in the downfield passing game - perfectly. With JJ under center, I question whether they will be able to keep Randle active enough.

Last edited by Kellster : 11-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:09 PM #269
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Iowa punting from the Nebraska 38.

That's some ****ty pussified coaching, right there.
I don't know, I'm sure there's strategy there. If I were Alabama's coach, I know I would either punt or go for it at the opposing 38 because there's just no way we're going to knock down a field goal over forty yards.

Seriously, this has to be the worst year for kicking in college football history. So many teams have gone down that way.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:11 PM #270
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I don't know, I'm sure there's strategy there. If I were Alabama's coach, I know I would either punt or go for it at the opposing 38 because there's just no way we're going to knock down a field goal over forty yards.

Seriously, this has to be the worst year for kicking in college football history. So many teams have gone down that way.
If you're in that position, your play calling has to reflect that it's a four down situation.

His didn't.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:16 PM #271
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Dear people out of the Eastern Time Zone and Big 10 schools,
How bad does it really suck to have 11 AM games?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:17 PM #272
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
If you're in that position, your play calling has to reflect that it's a four down situation.

His didn't.
Word.

Is anyone else getting really skeptical of Bo Pelini as the long term answer at Nebraska? I think he's a smart defensive guy, but I'm not sure he has the personality to be a head coach at a major football program. Dude seems way too stubborn and the nepotism with his brother would really piss me off if I were a 'Husker.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:19 PM #273
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Word.

Is anyone else getting really skeptical of Bo Pelini as the long term answer at Nebraska? I think he's a smart defensive guy, but I'm not sure he has the personality to be a head coach at a major football program. Dude seems way too stubborn and the nepotism with his brother would really piss me off if I were a 'Husker.
Closed Thread