Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM #1
Bigfatts

I want a MacDev, but which one?

So I've been shooting my BLs for a while and figured since I've shot the best, I should try some of the rest. JK. But I'm selling my Rapper and will probably keep my Marq 6 as a back up. I want to try a MacDev. My first choice is the Cyborg RX. I miss how my stack tubes shot and the whole reason I always got rid of them was the exposed bolt. I play where there's fine sugar sand and it would just get in and tear guns up. The RX seems like it would be the answer. But they tend to be hard to find from the little bit of looking I've done. If I can find one in a color scheme I like I'll probably go with that, but I'm going into the peak of my playing season so I don't want to take too long searching.

My back up choices are a used Droid or a new Drone. I need to do some more research on the differences between the 2. They both seem to be solid guns but how do they compare? Are they worth the money? I kind of miss my spool guns too.

Sooo... Looking for input from people who have owned or shot the guns I'm looking at. I have no firsthand experience with MacDev.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 PM #2
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Are you talking standard Drone (which is a milsim marker) or the newer Drone DX?

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 PM #3
Bigfatts

The DX. I don't get into the milsim gimmick.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 AM #4
cslguy

Hell I heard the DX is awesome! And for the price, its hard to beat. You might have some extra money too and then you could buy a Clone board
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 PM #5
Bigfatts

The oled frim the Clone will fit in the Drone? That would be nice.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 PM #6
Oneofthemuppets
2k8 stuck in a 2k11

Oneofthemuppets owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Oneofthemuppets owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yes, the most common "upgrade" that dx owners are doing is buying a clone board and grips. The grips are much more comfortable that the stock ones, and you get an oled then.
I personally really like my droid though.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM #7
swaggz mckenzie. (Banned)

here's my imput after owning like 5 droids, 2 06 cyborgs, 4 07 cyborgs, and a clone vx...

if you truly like the feel of a droid if you ever held one, i wouldn't reccomend the vx. felt very different to me and still performed very similar to the droid.
both were still very amazing guns. if you get a droid, i reccomend the clone gold bolt.

never owned an rx but have owned older cyborgs. i think they're amazing guns. a pure balance of feel, weight, efficiency, smoothness, sound, reliability, and speed. they shoot vey close to the droid out of the box but more like a marq with the sound. if you like stack tubes, i'd reccomend the cyborg. i used a droid for almost 2 seasons and went back to a borg for that reason alone. both are great but i feel more accurate with a stack tube.
swaggz mckenzie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:58 AM #8
Bigfatts

I actually really loved my 2k6 Timmy. It was one of the best shooting guns I've ever owned. But again I sold it because of the exposed bolt. Same with my Egos, although that was about not liking them too. But I loved the feel of the stack tubes. So I really want to try an RX. But if I can't find one I like I will go to the Droid/Clone choice. Does the Droid perform better than the Drone? I know it was vastly more expensive. And if it does perform better is it enough to buy an older gun over a new one? I can't afford a Clone, probably not even used. Does the Droid use the same drive train as the Clone?

I've been reding a lot in the MacDev forum and people really seem to love the Drone DX from what I've seen. I just wish it came in more colors. Really wanting a blue or purple marker.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:12 PM #9
swaggz mckenzie. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts View Post
I actually really loved my 2k6 Timmy. It was one of the best shooting guns I've ever owned. But again I sold it because of the exposed bolt. Same with my Egos, although that was about not liking them too. But I loved the feel of the stack tubes. So I really want to try an RX. But if I can't find one I like I will go to the Droid/Clone choice. Does the Droid perform better than the Drone? I know it was vastly more expensive. And if it does perform better is it enough to buy an older gun over a new one? I can't afford a Clone, probably not even used. Does the Droid use the same drive train as the Clone?

I've been reding a lot in the MacDev forum and people really seem to love the Drone DX from what I've seen. I just wish it came in more colors. Really wanting a blue or purple marker.
Idk about the drone. If you like the Timmy, get the cyborg. Idk about the rx but the 06 and 07 are amazing
swaggz mckenzie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:21 PM #10
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
RX's are sweet. Nice OLED board (small, but nice), easy cleaning, still enclosed bolt without being full bodied. Nice triggers. I really liked mine, but got tired of rebalancing regs.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 PM #11
rajbert06
Genesis II

rajbert06 supports Team VICIOUS
rajbert06 supports Sherwood Forest
rajbert06 supports Pev's Paintball
rajbert06 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
RX's are sweet. Nice OLED board (small, but nice), easy cleaning, still enclosed bolt without being full bodied. Nice triggers. I really liked mine, but got tired of rebalancing regs.
For the price of a drone you can get a used droid witha. A tadao board gold bolt and vp trig..... in some cases the rx bottomworks........ I currently shoot a vic and I understand but I miss my old droid.... it was nice.... also the cyborg is a nice choice too

rajbert06 is online now   Reply With Quote