Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2016, 07:43 AM #1
ZiE
zachisevil - May '04

ZiE is an NCPA player
ZiE plays in the APPA beginner division
Replacement board screens - Product review

Hey guys, I know the screens going out on the RXs have been an issue for a while now. Even though it's a known issue that MacDev tried to address some time ago, we still get people here asking about fixing it and not knowing what to do.
Some of you know of a company that was making new screens that would work with these boards. That company's name is Swede Technologies. I bought their board from a distributor in Australia [Product Link]
They weren't in stock when I bought it but I knew they would be soon (I follow swede tech on FB). It took about a month to get to me after ordering (I live in the US). Once received, the install was pretty straight forward. The board is white, as is the screen. I don't think the screen actually displays other colors?
Oh well. I finally got my RX up working again. I bought a tybe B screen but I have both types of boards. The B screen definitely doesn't work in the A boards. I've only had it for a few days now and have only shot a hopper out of the gun so I'll have to get back to you guys on the longevity of the screen.

I figured I'd post this for people still asking questions and looking for options. If anybody else has any questions about it, feel free to ask me. I'll try to answer them!

Here's a pic of the newly installed screen. As you can see, all white. Excuse the poor quality. It was hard to get the screen focused properly but you can get the gist of it.
ZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement