PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-21-2015, 02:35 PM #1
eclipse9719

eclipse9719 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
eclipse9719 supports DLX Technology
Drone 2 Draining Battery!?!?

I have a strange issue with my Drone 2..... The issue being I installed a brand new 9v at the end of November, verified with a multimeter that this battery (Duracell) tested out a 9.5v. I have not used nor touched the gun since and went to push some paint through it in the back yard and it wouldn't cycle. I checked the battery voltage and it tested out @ 8.6v ... (Gun is always stored inside)

Does anyone else's Drone 2 drain the battery upon storage? It is a great gun and I will definitely hold on to it but the battery drain issue is a little annoying....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
eclipse9719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2015, 03:02 PM #2
eclipse9719

I should add... I pulled eye covers and frame off to make sure no wires were being pinched... Everything checked out.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:48 PM #3
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

has been a member for 10 years
""typical"" ""9v"" Alkaline Battery (notice, no quotes) is composed of multiple 1.5v cells in series.It is possible that cells in the battery discharge at different times. Batteries are imperfect. It is also possible that the metal contact in the board maintains a small charge thus draining it?
i could be wrong. best guess.
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:38 PM #4
Rx22
CRU and Hell Survivors MI

mine had the same issue after a few weeks of playing i would start having fsdo and other issues and it was because my board drained the battery all the time. I just take the battery out after a weekend and then put it back in, I know this sucks so you can just send it in and it should be under warranty. Not a big deal
Rx22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:41 PM #5
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx22 View Post
mine had the same issue after a few weeks of playing i would start having fsdo and other issues and it was because my board drained the battery all the time. I just take the battery out after a weekend and then put it back in, I know this sucks so you can just send it in and it should be under warranty. Not a big deal
Interesting - the two I've had have not shown this problem. I'm with undrdg on this one. Has this happened with more than one battery ever or just the one time?
Old 12-21-2015, 07:54 PM #6
eclipse9719

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarospoon13 View Post
Interesting - the two I've had have not shown this problem. I'm with undrdg on this one. Has this happened with more than one battery ever or just the one time?
1 Duracell, 1 energizer. Let's say a month in between use. Love the gun, just a little frustrating.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:35 AM #7
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse9719 View Post
1 Duracell, 1 energizer. Let's say a month in between use. Love the gun, just a little frustrating.
might be a good bet to reach macdev or virtue about it - might be a bad board or a bad lead somewhere.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:38 PM #8
Rx22
CRU and Hell Survivors MI

yup same here high quality battery and mine would die a month apart. Everything else works fine and yea im sure there is a bad lead or connection what not. Havent sent mine in still (hoping to go out and play a few more time) and then send it in. Hope that this issue is covered with warranty, dont see why it wouldnt be.
Rx22 is offline   Reply With Quote