PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 PM #1
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

What's the difference between...

an independence and an invasion.

I checked threads, photos even read the manuals. The only difference I can really see is some milling, the lpr shape and the macro line vs macroless setup. they appear to use a nearly identical firing mechanism. does it come down to packaging differences? is there some mysterious internal upgrade from one to the other that I missed?

anyways just a curious tinkerer wanting to know. thanks!

"Is it an o ring?"

"No, It's ALL the o rings!"
HollowLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 AM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The independence was a higher end gun that jack made for a few years. It's made in the USA 100% so it has higher tolerances for more precise operation. It's also older than the invasion.

You're right though, at a glance there isn't a lot of difference. The invasion was made to be more economical. Plainer milling, parts made in asia, a few other minor plumbing differences. Plus the macroless design since it's a later design than the indy.

They're both great little shooters though.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM #3
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

cool, thanks for clarification. sounds like the key difference is just the attention to build quality. I get the impression that the majority of parts are interchangeable between the two. is that correct?

"Is it an o ring?"

"No, It's ALL the o rings!"
HollowLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:29 AM #4
Forrestball

I think you might run into a few problems cuz as MrstKey said the plumbing is a lil different. The ram housing on the invasion uses a straight tube to connect to the body where the Indy's used a hose a little smaller than macroline and fittings.
I'm assuming you can put a ram from and Indy in the invasion which would make it better and the lpr assembly can probably be swapped. Other than that I think majority of the parts are the same or close enough not to matter like valve, bolt, eye covers.
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:41 PM #5
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
My guess is most parts will not swap. Which is fine, since there really is no reason to do so.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:27 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
If I had the guess, the ram, bolt and valve are identical to the 2011 indy but the lpr and spring might be different.

There has never been much of a reason to swap the rams and bolts of the 09-11 guns. I wouldnt worry about it.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote