Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 AM #1
(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
Warn people about ANSgear.com

It needs to happen. Every week I read at least 1 thread about people getting screwed. Do the pb community a favor and post a sticky warning about this companies horrible business practices. Everyone deserves a chance to sell their goods, but these guys are totally worthless...Here is an example of what I mean (assuming you haven't seen one already).
Old 11-18-2011, 06:32 AM #2
Echmo

There is already a thread about online stores in New Player Help. Ansgear is currently +97/ -43, making it the only store with more than 9 negative. You could perhaps ask the the poster to add a small disclaimer about Ansgear at the top of the thread, but other than that I dont know what else PBNation could do.
YOu can find the thread here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3174436
Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 AM #3
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
has the OP even updated that thread recently?

and not everyone has had a bad experience with ANSgear, if you had bad experiences with them then i'm sorry to hear that but just because one store screwed up that doesn't mean we need to plaster it all over the site.

i'm not sure if you are familiar with what happened with lockdown clothing, but if you are, then imo, that is worse than what happened with ANS
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM #4
cww516
a man

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
ANS has pulled some pretty sketchy **** in the past (passed off fake myth regs and a couple other counterfeit products as real), but they spend too much in gold-ups on this site to have anything done about it here, i feel.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 PM #5
ShotS

ShotS plays in the PSP
ShotS owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ShotS supports Pev's Paintball
ShotS plays in the APPA D4 division
Yea, ive always had problems with ansgear. Once i just ordered pants and a jersey, and it took them 3 months just to ship it out, and NONE of it was preorder/presale.

Then once i ordered grips from them, and it says 7-10 days to get to you, and it took them 1 1/2 months to ship it.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM #6
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

Annual Supporting Member
pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
my friends and i have ordered $5000 worth of **** from them and never had a problem
Mile High Saints #21
Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 PM #7
Krez

Krez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Yea I never had a problem with the either. Guess I've been lucky.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 AM #8
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
in relation to what cww said, he's kinda right, ans has pulled some shady **** and i'm sure there would be warnings all over this site if they didn't buy as many gold ups as they do
Old 11-19-2011, 11:53 AM #9
Echmo

I really dont know if the OP of the online stores thread is even active anymore, as I tend to buy local now. Overall though, of all my orders through ansgear only one went bad, with them not shipping pants and then taking over a month to reimburse. The stories Ive heard though, is when they mess up, they really screw you over.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:58 PM #10
PAPA_SMURF1

This thread too.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:55 AM #11
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echmo View Post
I really dont know if the OP of the online stores thread is even active anymore, as I tend to buy local now. Overall though, of all my orders through ansgear only one went bad, with them not shipping pants and then taking over a month to reimburse. The stories Ive heard though, is when they mess up, they really screw you over.
I haven't used ANS, but I will say that I see a lot of people complaining about ANS. But also keep in mind, people only complain when they get bad service. I've said this before and I'll say it again, how often do you hear I ordered something and it came as expected? When something is done the way it should be, how often do you go out of your way to say it was so. Now you might if they bent over backwards for you, but when the job is done just fine, then why say anything special?

As for that thread, even if it was kept up to date, how hard is it to just lie about it? As someone who has never ordered from ANS, I could just say that I was screwed by them to give them a negative rating. Also, again, if you have a good experience, are you going to go out of your way to find something like that just to say, "yeah, it was fine."

Honestly, more people need to get involved with the BBB, their state's attorney general, ANS's states attorney general, etc. From what I have heard from people complaining about ANS have had problem that go all the way to mail fraud, which if it is the case, I would think ANS would be shut down by now.

Honestly, my opinion is that people getting ripped off by ANS are either lazy (people complain about losing hundreds of dollars, but not doing anything beyond posting about it), or are blowing the problem way out of proportion. I read one post where they said they sent a gun, or something pretty high end priced like that, back to ANS, ANS then said they never got it, and they left it at "I'm out of a gun... woe is me." If that were me, I would be putting my tax dollars to work getting my money back.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 PM #12
(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
in relation to what cww said, he's kinda right, ans has pulled some shady **** and i'm sure there would be warnings all over this site if they didn't buy as many gold ups as they do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
Honestly, more people need to get involved with the BBB, their state's attorney general, ANS's states attorney general, etc.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM #13
Paper-Cut (Banned)
mentally unstable

Paper-Cut has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Never had a problem, most of the people who bother to post feedback are the people who got screwed by them. What you don't see are the thousands of satisfied customers.
And honestly, if you're paying somebody who's still in school minimum wage to pick out products from that huge warehouse all day you're going to get mess ups eventually.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM #14
Gen0va
hrvat

Gen0va donated to help Peyton Trent
Gen0va supports our troops
I don't order form ANS anymore. Place is beyond shady, it's almost criminal.

Ordered some pants and a jersey - they sent me the wrong size and color two weeks later, and wanted me to pay them to exchange it. They refused to do anything until I shipped my products back. So I had to pay shipping three times; ones for them to ship the wrong stuff to me, for me to ship it back, and then for them to ship me the correct order.

Through-out this whole thing they refused to acknowledge that they made a mistake and the only recourse I had was for them to exchange it - they wanted to charge me like 15% for them to re-stock the wrong stuff they shipped me.

Never again from ANS.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 PM #15
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've always had a great experience.

They've shipped me products better than the ones I've ordered because they were out of stock of the ones I ordered.

I've never had to wait more than a week to get anything, usually it takes stuff 3 or 4 days, and I'm over 2000 miles away.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 PM #16
Happyfeet1030
El Señor Pingüino

Happyfeet1030 is playing at Living Legends V
Happyfeet1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Happyfeet1030 supports Team VICIOUS
Happyfeet1030 supports Pev's Paintball
Happyfeet1030 is attending Decay of Nations VI
ANS has been great to me too, got pants, jersey, barrel, etc... from them and haven't had a complain. I'm sure if you took the time to try to get your order to yourself, it would. Maybe send the manager a quick email or something just so it's in their heads or whatever. +1 on my side though.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 PM #17
DrewaV

DrewaV is playing at Living Legends V
DrewaV owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DrewaV is for the Gunfight
DrewaV has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Am i the only person that has not had a problem with them?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM #18
dr.paintball
JON RAMOS. ILLINOIS

I ordered something from ansgear and it came as expected
JON RAMOS #37
Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM #19
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
I've ordered a handful of times with no issues.

I keep my gear to soft goods when I order from there, though.

I tend to try to order through my local proshop if at all possible.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 AM #20
p.r.guy (Banned)

p.r.guy is for the Gunfight
p.r.guy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ive ordered more than 20+ times from ans.. from tshirts to eyepipes to tanks and masks.. not one single problem... i order and 3 days later its in my mail!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:52 PM #21
Јon

Feedback should speak for itself, imho.

I've been to their retail store, and they took care of me. Haven't dealt with them online.
I'd say let them be.
Closed Thread