N600 Cty Rd U
Fremont, WI
(920)734-1728

This is a 3 man d4 and lower event
-each team is allowed 1 d3 player per roster

Modified PSP rules will be used
-300fps
-12.5bps capped ramping

This will be a double round robin, points based event.
-5 points per kill
-15 points for a flag pull
-20 points for a flag hang

This will be held on the 2014 World Cup layout The cost is only $100 per team Paint will be $60.00 a case for quality, high end paint.

This event will be reffed by PSP certified refs, team Midwest Whiteout

Prizes are based on 12 team minimum.
1st place is 3 empire axes
2nd place is 3 empire prophecy z2 loaders
3rd place is 3 empire eflexes

BONUS: Midwest Whiteout will be practicing on the field on Sunday. Play the tournament on Saturday, and stick around to play 5 man against Whiteout on Sunday. Any questions please feel free to PM us on the Midwest Whiteout page, or post a comment.

Last edited by team_xile : 08-10-2014 at 02:22 PM.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 PM #2
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
No Coaching
Old 08-05-2014, 04:43 PM #3
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
Prizes released!!!

Prizes are based on 12 team minimum, tournament is capped at 18 teams, call and pre register to secure your spot.

1st place is 3 Empire Axes
2nd place is 3 Empire Prophecy Z2 loaders
3rd place is 3 Empire Eflex masks

These prizes are great! Hope to see you there
Old 08-14-2014, 01:41 AM #4
ultradragon313
Boneyard Paintball

Will APPA be used at all?

Follow Boneyard Paintball on Facebook to get all the latest news.
ultradragon313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:29 PM #5
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
As this is our first event, it will NOT be an APPA event. If this event goes well and we get a good turnout, every event we host from then on will be done through APPA.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:29 AM #6
beanmaster50
SUPERIOR PAINTBALL

beanmaster50 supports Team VICIOUS
beanmaster50 plays in the APPA D5 division
How are you going to judge ranks if APPA will not be used?
The real Dirty Dan fan club #1
superiorpaintball.net
beanmaster50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:44 AM #7
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
You can back search APPA.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 PM #8
Stunna02
*MW*

Stunna02 plays in the PSP
Stunna02 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stunna02 plays in the APPA D4 division
Stunna02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If you could back search to verify players rank, why would a field pay APPA to use them?
Stunna02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM #9
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
Because APPA is more than just ranking...it's a scheduling, score keeping, tournament running tool.

This is intended to be a fun, cheap tournament. Most of the teams that have interest in it have played at least 1 PSP event, some teams have played multiple, as well as other highly competitive events. Ironically those are the teams that are concerned about APPA. The beginner teams that have interest could care less about APPA. They want to play just because they want to experience the tournament scene.

In my opinion, if you are concerned about a 3 man event being that sandbagged that you would rather not play, then odds are pretty good you are sandbagging it yourself. I have played countless events that weren't APPA events, and haven't had a single issue with sandbagging.

Again, this being our first event, it will not be APPA. If it goes well, future events will be held through APPA.

Last edited by team_xile : 08-18-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 PM #10
Clayton1O57

As far as im concerned local tourneys are a great way to make sure there is enough teams to get a legit practice in. Especially in the mid west. If you run every point than what benifits do you get? I am not trying to bait other teams in. I played 3 weeks ago at commando d4 and we basically got last place... but it was the best practice I could ask for....

THIS IS A GREAT CHANCE TO PRACTICE WITH THE POTENTIAL OF GETTING A PRIZE!

Join up the only way you can get better Is to play decent competition

Last edited by Clayton1O57 : 08-18-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Clayton1O57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM #11
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

stalker2005 plays in the PSP
stalker2005 is playing at Living Legends VII
stalker2005 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_xile View Post
This is intended to be a fun, cheap tournament. Most of the teams that have interest in it have played at least 1 PSP event, some teams have played multiple, as well as other highly competitive events. Ironically those are the teams that are concerned about APPA.

In my opinion, if you are concerned about a 3 man event being that sandbagged that you would rather not play, then odds are pretty good you are sandbagging it yourself. I have played countless events that weren't APPA events, and haven't had a single issue with sandbagging.

Again, this being our first event, it will not be APPA. If it goes well, future events will be held through APPA.
A couple things : #1 Most people are asking about the APPA because they have been around APPA long enough and have never found a way to "back search" people. I'm sure if you informed people of how to back search somebody without knowing a previous team or who they are and only having their name it might be a different story.

#2 People use APPA to look and see how their competition stacks up. You can learn alot from looking at a roster, past events, placements and who they have previously played with.

#3 Sandbagging is heavy anywhere you go. APPA gives the players the opportunity to make sure nothing is being fishy or rigged towards certain players that are in the event.

We will still have more then 1 line in it however, those are my thoughts on the situation. Local or not if you are playing a tourney its to have fun yes but ultimately you are there to win.
stalker2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:49 AM #12
Stunna02
*MW*

Stunna02 plays in the PSP
Stunna02 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stunna02 plays in the APPA D4 division
Stunna02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker2005 View Post
A couple things : #1 Most people are asking about the APPA because they have been around APPA long enough and have never found a way to "back search" people. I'm sure if you informed people of how to back search somebody without knowing a previous team or who they are and only having their name it might be a different story.

#2 People use APPA to look and see how their competition stacks up. You can learn alot from looking at a roster, past events, placements and who they have previously played with.

#3 Sandbagging is heavy anywhere you go. APPA gives the players the opportunity to make sure nothing is being fishy or rigged towards certain players that are in the event.

We will still have more then 1 line in it however, those are my thoughts on the situation. Local or not if you are playing a tourney its to have fun yes but ultimately you are there to win.

All I'm saying is don't tell people your actually gonna be verifying everyone's rank, when you can't actually back search
Stunna02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:05 PM #13
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
The same thing you do to search current event rosters is the same way you back search. It's not rocket science. Is it a fool proof method? Absolutely not, but it is something that we are addressing. It's better than doing nothing.

On that note, I'm done discussing the APPA situation. I'm glad to hear most of you are going to play. As far as the select few of you who are in here just to try and call me out, I'm not going to respond anymore, all I can say is go rag on other people, because I'm done and your snooty remarks bring nothing to the thread but drama.

Have a nice day, and I'll see you all the 27th.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 PM #14
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

stalker2005 plays in the PSP
stalker2005 is playing at Living Legends VII
stalker2005 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_xile View Post
The same thing you do to search current event rosters is the same way you back search. It's not rocket science. Is it a fool proof method? Absolutely not, but it is something that we are addressing. It's better than doing nothing.

On that note, I'm done discussing the APPA situation. I'm glad to hear most of you are going to play. As far as the select few of you who are in here just to try and call me out, I'm not going to respond anymore, all I can say is go rag on other people, because I'm done and your snooty remarks bring nothing to the thread but drama.

Have a nice day, and I'll see you all the 27th.
I guess I am lost because you can't search a roster for an event when the event doesn't exist on the APPA site? I'm not trying to be a dick but with the response that you came back with trying to make people sound "stupid" makes me become one.

You simply can not take a players name and type it into APPA and search for the name. Therefore not being able to verify any sort of rank. You are going on the Honor system and hoping people don't throw in people that are over ranked. Possibly with hoping that everybody at the event you know or know of through another player.

If I wanted to be a huge dick I would continue ripping into this thread about every little small detail that has been missed or mislead but I'm not. Simply asking questions to try and get answers about the event that my teams are interested in playing.

If you have a response you can feel free to PM me on here or text/call you can get my number through various means. Enjoy your night and sorry for "informing" or what you call cluttering your thread.

Last edited by stalker2005 : 08-19-2014 at 11:53 PM.
stalker2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 AM #15
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
I wasn't directing my comment at anybody specifically. My point is, (remember I said it was our first tournament) rather than nit pick and focus on one thing, offer constructive criticism. I said we want it to be a yearly thing, and we want the players to be happy. Rather than saying I am misinforming and misleading (which I am not) perhaps you could offer a suggestion or solution to a problem that you see.

Like I said, is our method fool proof, no, but nothing is. The first event may have some holes in the structure, but that's how you learn. Nothing is going to be perfect ever.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM #16
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile is Legendary
We are discussing using APPA. We are working everything out now.
ReplyRegional Ups