PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 PM #1
xPBxJUNKIEx

Ego 11 or dye nt11..

What's up my paintball people!!!!
I'm looking forward on buying a nt11 or ego11 but can't decide which one to buy.
I normally shoot a bob long vice( nothing wrong with it, shoots super nice and smooth and I love it) and a sm1( Sanchez Machine pump)...
I just want to know people's opinion on both markers in...
1.Accuracy
2.comfort
3.lightness
4.speed
5.efficiency
Pros and Cons

Or should I with for the dye nt12 and ego12...

Thanks for the help..
xPBxJUNKIEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2011, 02:18 AM #2
huckduck

huckduck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
huckduck plays in the APPA beginner division
omg, there's an ego 12? WHERE? yeah there isn't going to be an ego 12 AFAIK.

really, point by point

1. equal, depends on your paint
2. personal preference, we can't tell ya
3. ego IMO
4. 12.5 bps is 12.5 bps. i some how doubt uncapped semi you're gonna out shoot the board
4. ego
huckduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:07 AM #3
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
You forgot category 6 & 7:

6. Reliability: Ego hands down
7. Customer Service: Planet Eclipse over Dye any day of the week.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 AM #4
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoRockwell View Post

the two most important points and ego holds both.
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:24 AM #5
huckduck

huckduck plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:

QFT. DM = Doing Maintenance. NT = No Thanks
huckduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:51 AM #6
paint4

they have been almost giving away Dye nt10 so I would question buying an 11.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM #7
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yeah there is a reason why they seem to be bigging up the DM all of a sudden. Coming from ex NT10 owner, Ego 11 all the way.

There is a shop in the UK that said to me they had so many problems with warranty returns on the NT 11 that they were persuading people to go for something else when they asked about the NT11.
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:45 AM #8
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
let me guess what they said when you asked the same question in the NT forum....
petedaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM #9
Jams419
AKA - Jackal

Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would have to say I am as much a DM fan as an Ego fan. I have had many of each and still own a Bomber DM10 and SLS. That being said , I cant stand how the NT platform feels when you shoot it. That is ,of course, personal preference. I know a few people that swear by them but not me. with the criteria that you have listed I would say you've just about made up your mind. If those are the things that concern you most then it is the Ego you want.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM #10
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

Ego customer service at Vegas this year was crappy IMO...couple of my teammates had personal experience with the bad service. I dont know why the person running the booth (older guy with long hair, didnt get his name) was being this way, but prior to this event customer service has always been top notch.

05 Red/Black Ego,07 Ghost Ego,Prestege GSL
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 AM #11
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The Ego11 Is better in every way. Hands down better.

The NT is garbage. The NT11 is the best out of the NT line as they have worked out some of the kinks associated with the NT. But they are still finicky and temperamental. Unless your real good working on you own marker I would stay away. If you're buying Dye the DM is the only marker that is worth purchasing. But you might as well buy a used DM7 add the updates, as they haven't changed much. The Dm shoots better then the NT.

As for the EGO you can go years and never clean your marker. It will shoot every time you need it to even in the most extreme weather. I don't recommend doing this but you cant beat the reliability of the EGO line.

-Resale is better on any PE product

-Customer service is better on any PE product

-Efficiency better on the EGO line

-Parts and service are easer to get with a PE product just about every shop has parts for them in stock, and they are very simple to fix if you never have issues.

-Markers are capped so speed is not important. But you can tune the Ego to shoot faster then the NT. (People will chastise you for shooting over 12.5)

-Accuracy has more to do with the paint then anything so thats a wash.

-Ego is easer to tune, change settings, and service

-PE products are all round better with the exception of there barrels they don't make them small enough for the US market. (They started to with the CSL and violent made some smaller bores but they were limited runs.) Dye makes a fantastic barrel.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:00 AM #12
paint4

Have to agree. I use dye barrels on both my Geo's and my Ego11.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:26 PM #13
icygrip
^rs

Annual Supporting Member
icygrip plays in the APPA D5 division
icygrip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
1.Accuracy- probably about the same, both guns are consistent and have good barrels.
2.comfort- Id say the nt has the best comfort almost over any gun. it's grips are great and the spacing of the gun is great.
3.lightness- I wouldn't notice much of a difference between markers
4.speed- ego
5.efficiency- im pretty sure the ego is better, but if u have all of the inserts in the nt will be close if not the same.
Pros and Cons
The ego is very durable and is a super reliable gun. plus it comes with an oled board.
The nt feels great and looks good, but i really didn't like the way the nt 11 shoot. It seemed to kick alot for a spool valve gun, and really didn't meet my exceptions for it.
So my vote is for the ego11, hope this helps
icygrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:33 PM #14
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
I have both and the EGO11 (or any of my PE markers) have never let me down.... I use my NT11 every once in a while and it leaks unexpectedly..... its a great marker dont get me wrong but I never have to think about my Ego11... I know its going to work not matter what... ego11 all the way.
levesque45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 PM #15
AndoyPinoy

AndoyPinoy plays in the APPA D4 division
1.Accuracy-Same
2.comfort---NT11
3.lightness-NT11
4.speed----Same
5.efficiency-Ego11
Pros and Cons
Ego11 can be tuned to to perfection. I personally liked my ego11 better. Its less maintenance and its way more durable/reliable. I havent dealt with either customer service but I have never heard complaints about PE. and at the field i play at.. there has been 4 NT's that have gone down.

This is my own opinion. I have personally owned both guns
AndoyPinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 PM #16
venturacougar1

its all personal peference to be honest theirs people that just love PE and people that love DYE. ill admit a EGO is much more easier to maintain just because its a poppit and not because its made by PE or some other stupid reason people are posting but that goes for all poppit markers their much easier to maintain the spool valves thats just a given law spool valves requeire more attention nothign wrong with that if you just clean and lube after every day of play youll be fine. now as for efficiency yes ego is better but not by alot depending on what configuration you have your NT can shoot pretty efficient as well. as for all the other stuff you asked its all the same personally my NT11 shoots fantastic the problem with NT11 is nothing the problem is the owner people dont know how they work. for starters you never ever adjust the velocity threw the HPR3 you do it by adding and subtracting spacers and botls tip yet i always see people on youtube like for example cnoddings am sure youve seen some of his videos hes adjusting the velocity threw the Hyper 3 reg your just asking for trouble the NT needs to be at a specific Pressure or it will shoot wrong and chop. theirs nothing wrong with the NT its just people are idiots and dont know how to read the manual and if you read the manual and still dont get something call DYE what do you have to lose. now with all that said EGO shoots fantastci as well thats why i said its all personal perference. it just pisses me of all these people posting that NT11 suck they dont work they do work and shoot fantastic its just people dont know how they work.
venturacougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:51 PM #17
paint4

Both markers being = just the way describe to you adjust the velocity on the NT would make me pick the Ego. That sounds like poor design for a modern day gun. That's like getting out of a truck to turn the hubs to get four wheel drive as apposed to flicking a button on today's four wheel drive.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM #18
venturacougar1

well its not that bad to be honest

red= 260- 270+
yellow= 275-285
green=285-295+
no spacer= 285-300

all those vary on what you have the pressure but for the most part thats what i get having my pressure at 125-130psi

after that you mix in match the bolt tips with the spacers or no spacers to find the perfect smooth shoot that you like pretty basic if you field only lets you shoot 275 and under then you will just put a yellow or red spacer. it all depends not to hard just make sure you have a pressure tester and have it at the right pressure and youll be fine. ive honestly yet to have one chop on my nt
venturacougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:36 PM #19
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturacougar1 View Post
my NT11 shoots fantastic the problem with NT11 is nothing the problem is the owner people dont know how they work. for starters you never ever adjust the velocity threw the HPR3 you do it by adding and subtracting spacers and botls tip yet i always see people on youtube like for example cnoddings am sure youve seen some of his videos hes adjusting the velocity threw the Hyper 3 reg your just asking for trouble the NT needs to be at a specific Pressure or it will shoot wrong and chop. theirs nothing wrong with the NT its just people are idiots and dont know how to read the manual

Let me correct you...

The spacers and bolt tips, although change your velocity, are NOT supposed to be the sole source for adjusting your Velocity. Why on Gods earth would Dye come out with a gun where you NEED to have the pressures at XXX psi and the only way you can get it to shoot at XXX Fps, is to remove/add the bolt internals?

Your Wrong.

The spacers and inserts are for efficiency purposes only. If you want you gun to shoot as many pods as possible, fill it up and restrict the air. If you want to insure that you can shoot fragile or crappy paint and don't care about air, remove all the spacers and install the largest insert.
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM #20
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturacougar1 View Post
well its not that bad to be honest

red= 260- 270+
yellow= 275-285
green=285-295+
no spacer= 285-300

all those vary on what you have the pressure but for the most part thats what i get having my pressure at 125-130psi

after that you mix in match the bolt tips with the spacers or no spacers to find the perfect smooth shoot that you like pretty basic if you field only lets you shoot 275 and under then you will just put a yellow or red spacer. it all depends not to hard just make sure you have a pressure tester and have it at the right pressure and youll be fine. ive honestly yet to have one chop on my nt
LOL Or you can turn on your Ego and shoot it at whatever FPS you want because they are designed to work properly. Sure you can get efficiency out of the NT. But when you put the spacers in to get the efficiency, it ups the sound and kick. Defeating the benefit of having a spool valve marker.

Also the GEO2 has none of the issues that you are saying that all Spool valve markers according to you have. It has no issues in the extreme cold never clipped a ball and always works.

My friend has a 1of 10 Dye NT. Why is it a 1 of 10? Because everyone on the team took a Dye package and got a new NT. His was the only one that didn't spray paint like a Wagner. They all went back and forth to Dye more then once at some point. Thats why we are all shooting PE this year and the next.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:09 PM #21
HarrisonJones

Annual Supporting Member
HarrisonJones is a Professional paintball player
HarrisonJones plays in the PSP
HarrisonJones supports Empire
Lol NTs wont have many problems but 90% of the owners dont understand the gun and dont know how to mess with it. I have hardly ever had a problem with my NT (except when my board fried because water)

Avid - Paintball Arkansas - Empire - HK Army

Youtube
HarrisonJones is offline   Reply With Quote