Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2011, 02:05 PM #1
Deelobrizzown

Unhappy NT11 Problem. only half cycling/not cycling

Factory settings and factory lube. Shoots about 1/2 to a full hopper fine then the problem begins. No volume insert and green tip insert. When firing the marker the bolt only moves forward until the bumper/ bolt sail oring make contact with the can then back again. I have the brown bumper but it is cut down as directed in other threads. When i manually try to pull the bolt forward it seems to almost get stuck on the red sail oring. Then i gotta pull fairly hard on it to get it past that point. Then it will slide fully out. I dont think its the bumper because the same force is needed to do it manually with the bumper removed. My question is... Is this normal for nt11? When i turn up the reg pressure it will cycle again but it is now shooting at 330. I have tried the following things un successfully:

1Put a new battery in...Didn't work but left the new battery in anyways
2-upping the dwell ... Didn't fix it so I returned it back to 9ms
3-changing the bolt sail oring
4- massive lube on the bolt sail oring...Didn't work so I just lube it normally now.
5- putting a volume insert in... Didn't work so I removed it

Last edited by Deelobrizzown : 11-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Deelobrizzown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM #2
Deelobrizzown

Also noticed that the spool spring was about half a cm shorter than the one in my parts kit so i did replace it last night and cleaned and relubed the reg so tonight i will see if that worked but wont know what my fps are until i chrony on sunday. Could the spring cause this problem? And if so how? I dont fully understand the way the boost bolt works because the manual was unclear for me. Really concerned with the bolt movement in the can too?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM #3
MorpheusX
The Tfare

MorpheusX is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
PM'd

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

MorpheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:16 PM #4
Deelobrizzown

Dye tech said to change 3 orings on the spool and that didn't work. I called him back and he said send it in he thinks its electrical. I decided to take another look. This time when I pulled the bolt out I saw the red oring on the bolt was pulled out of the groove just slightly. I think this was the problem because the bolt would half cycle to about the point where this oring would pass through the narrowing. I also remember when I changed this oring I had a tough time seating this oring in the groove because it seemed too big.
So what I just did was put a blue oring on that spot and it seems to be cycling fine. I just ran about 2000 air through it dry firing and it cycled perfectly. It makes sense too because the gun would cycle fine for about 1000psi then stop fully cycling and only half cycle. This would be the case if the red oring eventually got pulled out of the groove slightly and started jamming the bolt.

I will let you know after next practice if it works.
Maybe this will help someone else out in the future with the same problem. Probably normal occurance in the north because cold(er) temps will shrink aluminum componenets such as the bold