Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2011, 10:58 PM #1
PumpBaller

Airplane traveling help

Sup guys, I'm going to be traveling to chile from California in about a month and I want to take my paintball marker and tank. I need to know if I need any documentation or if I need to inform someone that I will be bringing a gun and a tank into an airport. Also, do the Chilean airports have the same policies as the American airports? Please feel free to inform me if I need anything else. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:36 PM #2
DocDriza

DocDriza is playing at Living Legends VI
DocDriza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpBaller View Post
Sup guys, I'm going to be traveling to chile from California in about a month and I want to take my paintball marker and tank. I need to know if I need any documentation or if I need to inform someone that I will be bringing a gun and a tank into an airport. Also, do the Chilean airports have the same policies as the American airports? Please feel free to inform me if I need anything else. Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing, so i went to the TSA website. They would know the best.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1745.shtm
DocDriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM #3
daniel.jozsef

Hey, is there some kind of list or collection of laws on the web somewhere, by country?
I'm worried about multi-hop flights, as I don't have a direct flight available from my country to the US, and even in transit, checked luggage may be investigated, or sometimes one even needs to take and re-check it. So even once you checked the laws of the two endpoints of the travel, it would be cool to have some kind of resource that at least tells you which countries to avoid (BTW, am I right in thinking that Germany is among the ones to avoid? I mean, with a non-stamped, ie. non-German-bought marker.)
daniel.jozsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM #4
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
As one who has traveled with pb gear, and knows the regulations inside and out, here is the deal. You CANNOT carry any sort of pressurized containers in checked or carry on luggage. That said, if you need to carry you HPA tank, the regulator must be removed so the TSA agents can see inside of it, and also as proof of no pressurization. Paintball markers, whether military look alike or not CANNOT be in carry ons. DO NOT EVEN TRY! You would be charged with trying carry a weapon on board an aircraft. Even if it it has no hopper or air tank, it doesn't matter. Its still a airgun, or what the official term is a "facsimile weapon" (i think its what they call them)
When checking your luggage notify the agents of the materials, let them look at at (especially the airtank). Make it clear they are not real weapons and are harmless without air and paintballs. of course some TSA agents are idiots, so go to the website and print off a copy of the regulations covering proper carriage of airtanks, and paintball/air gun/ real steel weapons so that they cannot argue with you when you properly pack and check your luggage according to their rules. Be nice to them if there is an issue, it will help you alot. I personally print off a list of pb gear that is in my luggage and place it on the top of the stuff inside the bag. That way, the agents who lok in your bag in luggage screening have a better idea of what they are looking at in case they dont know what paintball is. Give a light description of what it is, like for the marker id say- "paintball gun/marker, used for playing the SPORT of paintball, only works when high pressure gas tank is used along with it"
for the airtank- "air tank disassembled, unpressurized container"
It wouldnt hurt if you put a note about the tournament you are travelling too, and so they know you NEED THIS STUFF" just in case they think its a hazard, they might be more inclined to do quick research of the sport or tournament before confiscating items they feel could be contraband. Remember, TSA agents are humans too (sometimes) haha, and they make mistakes. So help them understand its not a weapon or a safety issue.

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote