PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2011, 10:08 PM #1
stormtrooper123

stormtrooper123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ego vs G6R

Hey I am excited to get an ego 11 but my brother is now telling me to get a g6r what do you guys think i should do?
stormtrooper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2011, 10:43 PM #2
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper123 View Post
Hey I am excited to get an ego 11 but my brother is now telling me to get a g6r what do you guys think i should do?
Whats a G6R?
Old 11-13-2011, 11:14 PM #3
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
i owned a G6R and now I own an Ego11. If I were to be completely honest, the G6R just was not the right gun for me. I was able to walk the G6R trigger better so that would be the only advantage I would give the G6R. Otherwise, Ego11 all the way. From holding the G6R then holding the Ego11, I feel like the quality and craftsmanship is so far above the G6R that it does not even compare. I have always had a PE gun in my arsenal at a given moment and have strayed to find something "better," but I always come back and settle on PE.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 PM #4
stormtrooper123

stormtrooper123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Alright thanks I thought the ego was of higher quality just wasnt sure, and reliability is huge for me and I know PE is well known for this. And Mr Idiot Box a G6R is a pop it gun made by Bob Long.
stormtrooper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM #5
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Moved to the Versus/Comparison forum.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM #6
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
G6R more efficient.
IMO, G6R better looking.
Ego much easier to use board.
Ego trigger IMO much nicer.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 PM #7
Bigfatts

G6r quieter
G6r smoother

If anything, I'd wait for the new G6r to come out with the was oled. Looks incredible.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832

Last edited by Bigfatts : 11-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 PM #8
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts View Post
G6r quieter
G6r smoother
Yeah, I forgot to mention the G6R is quieter. I would say the Ego11 is as smooth and can be tuned to be smoother. Every G6R I have shot (entire team shoots them) is no more smoother than an Ego11. As a matter of fact, I was blown away at how the Ego11 shot coming from the G6R.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:42 PM #9
bvddog

No way in hell! The Ego 11 does not come close to the G6R. I owned one and it sucked. Loud pop slower than previous egos. UK quality better on a stamped gun vs a machined USA made G6R yeah right. That is funny. I have owned every year ego and every SL and the G6r is better by far. My Ego 8's were nice and they were best year made for PE including SL8R after that junk. If they want an Ego to be king I sya they they go back to 08 format including the Qev's etc. That is a fact. BL rules!! Get a G6R and a Victory FTW!
bvddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM #10
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvddog View Post
No way in hell! The Ego 11 does not come close to the G6R. I owned one and it sucked. Loud pop slower than previous egos. UK quality better on a stamped gun vs a machined USA made G6R yeah right. That is funny. I have owned every year ego and every SL and the G6r is better by far. My Ego 8's were nice and they were best year made for PE including SL8R after that junk. If they want an Ego to be king I sya they they go back to 08 format including the Qev's etc. That is a fact. BL rules!! Get a G6R and a Victory FTW!
Well now we have the troll's adviced
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 PM #11
Fenix

Quote:
Of course it is all personal preference.

Here is my arguement so take it or leave it, but I prefer a gun that I can turn on out of the box and shoot paint in 290's from the factory without any testers or fiddling with this and messing with that. I like to put the gun away and be able to do the same thing the next time I play. I don't like to tinker to get the pressures right. I am sorry, that is just not me. Also, the stock barrel is not even in the same universe as the PE stock barrel. Memorizing light colors is not as convenient as the lcd board (I know the 2012 G6R will have lcd). How about stock feednecks? Never touched PE's and they don't fall off. If you don't locktight BL's feednecks they WILL fall off. Is it so hard to machine a little lip on the feed to keep it in place in the USA? Why do you have to use an oring swelling lube in order to make the gun work with its great USA machining? In terms of looks, I prefer the looks of Ego's over G6R's as well to include stock color options. Packaging? Who cares, right? I do. With the G6R, I have to print out a manual and shove that in the gear bag only to replace 3 weeks later because the paper got wet or torn. How about the case, lube, and allens that come with the G6R?
Once I get done purchasing those for the G6R I am in for another chunk of change. The G6R has funny sized screws for the body seperation part and the rear frame-to-body screw that you will need to get.

Can you please explain why you say that all Ego's after the 08 sucked? Also, please explain why you like the G6R over the Ego.

For me, apples-to apples, Planet Eclipse is my favorite paintball marker company out there.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM #12
Bigfatts

Quote:
Also, the stock barrel is not even in the same universe as the PE stock barrel.
I disagree. The stock G6r barrel is actually very good. 1 pc vs 2 pc is purely preference. I've actually preferred 1 pc since I've used Luckies so long. The G6r's barrel is nice with a good standard .685 bore vs PE's .689 that is an overbore for most paint. I was never impressed with any of the Shaft barrels I had at all.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM #13
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
Can you please explain why you say that all Ego's after the 08 sucked? Also, please explain why you like the G6R over the Ego.
Don't say you all. I think all pre-09 Egos suck.

2014 Vapor FST

Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 PM #14
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Don't say you all. I think all pre-09 Egos suck.
But why?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:09 PM #15
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts View Post
I disagree. The stock G6r barrel is actually very good. 1 pc vs 2 pc is purely preference. I've actually preferred 1 pc since I've used Luckies so long. The G6r's barrel is nice with a good standard .685 bore vs PE's .689 that is an overbore for most paint. I was never impressed with any of the Shaft barrels I had at all.
Fair enough. I found that the stock barrel was quickly replaced in favor of... wait for it... my Shaft from my Geo2. I felt it was much better. Just my opinion though.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM #16
Immortal15

Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Immortal15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Immortal15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
G6R
smoother
quieter
trigger for me
more efficient

Ego 11
board
Packaging

Don`t complain about pressure testing the G6R. It shoots the way you treat it. If you don`t take care of it it won`t work the way its soposed to. All you have to do is turn an allen key every 12 cases. The people who claim that the Ego is smoother does not do that. You must also use lp or SLP. If you want so much for a board the new G6Rs will have them. They`re not as big but you don`t need them in the first place. Packaging is great on the Ego but it takes 5 min to order that stuff online and less money. Customer service is great for both cmpanies. So the G6R is smoother, quieter, more efficient, might have an amazing trigger if your like me, and is less money even after purchaseing an SLP and pressure tester. There is no contast.
Immortal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:44 PM #17
bvddog

Ok Fenix that is all legit argument and here is the answer I have. First off the Ego's do come in a nice case with goodies yes. Chalk one up for PE. But the fact is I have played paintball for 13 years had 66 different guns and yes 16 of those egos. I can tune a gun like most people can't. The feedneck just needs to be snugged and it will not fall off. LCD is overrated and hard to see in direct sunlight sometimes. You do not need a pressure tester. some people need help taking a piss too!

But here is a fact, I had a new 09, SLS and Ego 11 and spent hours and tons of paint trying to tune and get them to shoot quiet and smooth and nothing. Did the same with my 08's had 4 of them and they shot better than the dm's people had and quiet no ****! But it took a lot of tinkering to get them there which is fine. The ones after 08 I hated. Rough, loud not enjoyable including Ego 11 which was smooth but loud pop and cycles to slow feels like a jackhammer when shooting. G6R pulled out of box brand new (all 4)
I have owned shot real nice then drop dwell to 5 and lower LPR and gun shot smoother than most spool valves. Done deal in 5 minutes and that is quality! Besides the BL Victory they are the best guns in paintball.

Hell my 08 DP f8 shoots better than the newer egos and that my friends is pathetic! So i do like Ego's but in my honest opinion the Ego 11 and CSL should run about $400 for how they shoot. The 08 and SL8R are the only Ego's worth the $1250.00 when they were new thats it!

Almost forgot, as far as barrels no one uses the stock anyway I hope. The Ego barrels are so damn loud it is pathetic. The Bob Long is better but not great. I had the SLS, SL8R, etc barrel kit and it sat in box brand new. Terrible loud barrels. Get a Dye CF, Lucky 15 or Redz kit and you shoot straight and quiet your gun down significantly.

Last edited by bvddog : 11-14-2011 at 04:48 PM.
bvddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM #18
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
But why?
Toooooooo much kick.

2014 Vapor FST

Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM #19
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal15 View Post
G6R
smoother
quieter
trigger for me
more efficient

Ego 11
board
Packaging

Don`t complain about pressure testing the G6R. It shoots the way you treat it. If you don`t take care of it it won`t work the way its soposed to. All you have to do is turn an allen key every 12 cases. The people who claim that the Ego is smoother does not do that. You must also use lp or SLP. If you want so much for a board the new G6Rs will have them. They`re not as big but you don`t need them in the first place. Packaging is great on the Ego but it takes 5 min to order that stuff online and less money. Customer service is great for both cmpanies. So the G6R is smoother, quieter, more efficient, might have an amazing trigger if your like me, and is less money even after purchaseing an SLP and pressure tester. There is no contast.
I would not say the G6R is smoother. The Ego11 felt just as smooth if not more smooth than my or anyone elses G6R I have tried. I would say the G6R's are quieter with a typewriter sound signature, but I don't play in the woods so it does not matter much to me. I am not complaining about pressure testing a G6R it is just one thing more you must do that you don't with the Ego11. I am neurotic with my markers and maintain them inside and out and can tune as well as anyone, but I did not see nor have I seen the consistency and ease of maintainence of an Ego. While the G6R may be more efficient as a general rule, I have not seen the efficiency, as claimed, that is that much better than the Ego11.

Look, I liked my G6R, but when I compared it to Ego11's, for me there was no contest. I prefer Ego's. For me it is the better choice.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 PM #20
Fenix

Quote:
Ok Fenix that is all legit argument and here is the answer I have. First off the Ego's do come in a nice case with goodies yes. Chalk one up for PE. But the fact is I have played paintball for 13 years had 66 different guns and yes 16 of those egos. I can tune a gun like most people can't. The feedneck just needs to be snugged and it will not fall off. LCD is overrated and hard to see in direct sunlight sometimes. You do not need a pressure tester. some people need help taking a piss too!

But here is a fact, I had a new 09, SLS and Ego 11 and spent hours and tons of paint trying to tune and get them to shoot quiet and smooth and nothing. Did the same with my 08's had 4 of them and they shot better than the dm's people had and quiet no ****! But it took a lot of tinkering to get them there which is fine. The ones after 08 I hated. Rough, loud not enjoyable including Ego 11 which was smooth but loud pop and cycles to slow feels like a jackhammer when shooting. G6R pulled out of box brand new (all 4)
I have owned shot real nice then drop dwell to 5 and lower LPR and gun shot smoother than most spool valves. Done deal in 5 minutes and that is quality! Besides the BL Victory they are the best guns in paintball.

Hell my 08 DP f8 shoots better than the newer egos and that my friends is pathetic! So i do like Ego's but in my honest opinion the Ego 11 and CSL should run about $400 for how they shoot. The 08 and SL8R are the only Ego's worth the $1250.00 when they were new thats it!

Almost forgot, as far as barrels no one uses the stock anyway I hope. The Ego barrels are so damn loud it is pathetic. The Bob Long is better but not great. I had the SLS, SL8R, etc barrel kit and it sat in box brand new. Terrible loud barrels. Get a Dye CF, Lucky 15 or Redz kit and you shoot straight and quiet your gun down significantly.
You and I have had different experiences obviously. With PE I have never had a bad experience. With BL, I had a Closer that was horrible, a Vice that I liked much better, and a great G6R. All BL's were sold to get PE markers. I am not saying they are bad guns, I am saying they are not my preference. I kinda like the loudness of an Ego. It lets me know I am shooting and lets my opponents know I am here to shoot them.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 PM #21
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Toooooooo much kick.
I honestly could not tell you there was a difference in my G6R and my Ego11 as far as kick is concerned.