PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM #1
Sjorso

Sjorso is for the Gunfight
Demon in cold weather

I got to use my demon for the first time today and I got a question about it. When I got it I relubed the entire drivetrain with Monkey Poo and it dry fired good. Today I got to the field and went to test it with some paint.

It was cold outside (3 degrees celsius) and for it to reach velocities of 280 I had to fully open the HPR and set the dwell all the way up to 19.5ms. Is this normal with stock settings being 15ms?

During the cold weather should I use Dow33 (monkey poo) or Dow55? I've got both now so definitely going to test with both but before today I would have guessed Dow33 to be better with this weather?

The HPR has 2 small screws in the bottom. When I got mine 1 screw wasn't turned in completely and 1 was. From what I understood of the tech video's these screws are to keep the inside of the HPR in place and to prevent over pressurizing of the gun. From looking at pictures of other demons it looks like both screws should be turned in until flush with the bottom of the HPR? I pulled the HPR apart and set the screws flush with the bottom of the HPR and then reassembled it. The original lube is still on the HPR, does this also affect the high dwell setting I needed today? They seem related to me.

For the rest the gun shot awesome! It's super smooth and feels great in the hands. Already love it a LOT! And it's unique over here, probably the only Demon in the Netherlands (for now )
Sjorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM #2
FightingOriole
No sanity here

FightingOriole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
FightingOriole has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
the small screw that is in the bottom of the HPR housing is just for keeping the hpr core in place. That should have been a little difficult to get out because it is actually loctited in place.
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:55 AM #3
Sjorso

Sjorso is for the Gunfight
It didn't look like they were loctited as I didn't see any loctite residue inside the HPR housing, or screw threads. Also it wasn't hard at all to unscrew them. Tho the space is so small that there can't be a lot of loctite in there to make it hard to unscrew them. I guess it should be blue loctite then?
Sjorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The higher dwell is probably normal since the gun hasn't had any break in time. Had the gun been fully broken in, you'd be able to run your dwell lower than stock, and would probably only need to turn it up to stock 15 to get it going right. You just took a brand new gun into a bad situation is all. 3 celcius is pretty cold I don't know how monkey poo does in cold weather personally, but if you lube it lite you should be fine.

One last thing, I don't know how well your barrel fit was in the cold, but a really loose bore with small paint can cause quite a bit of velocity drop. Batteries also don't work as well in the cold. It's also possible that the HPRs are safety set a bit on the low side for the colder northern climate. I'm sure Eric will chime in and let you know about that.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM #5
FightingOriole
No sanity here

FightingOriole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
FightingOriole has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yup, the blue loctite is what ive got, i did make the mistake of taking it out myself, and it was kind of difficult, but w/e...Like Key said, you just got a brand new gun in really unfriendly circumstances...glad to hear you love it, and trust me, the more you love it, the more your opponenents will hate it cause you will be shooting them more than they would like
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote