PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 PM #1
NPpballer

NPpballer plays in the APPA D4 division
Lurker bolt settings

Can I have a link to a tuning guide for using an Eigenbolt? I want it to shoot as smooth as possible with the least amount of hiccups.

And I bought an NDZ spring kit, is it possible for me to use them with the Eigenbolt or not?

Last thing, my Axe seems to be acting funny. I'll get chrono'd in the morning and when I go to play if I shoot a nice stream is starts to get shootdown, and then throughout the day I get reg creep. What can I do for this? PS that shootdown goes away after a few games.
NPpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 PM #2
sirshan

sirshan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i can give you my experience with the NDZ Kit and Eigenbolt...for me, I tried using even the stiffest NDZ Spring and it was causing some stick, not enough tension to move the bolt back.

Maybe once it breaks-in a bit more, it could work. I have seen someone use it and post it up, but for me...no go on the Spring Kit and Eigenbolt. It definitely shoots well with the recommended setup - Stock Spring, 5 Dwell and good to go. No drop off or anything like that for me...its my preferred gun over the Ego for now. Not sure why...just seem to like this gun the more I shoot it.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 AM #3
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I think it's so funny how everyone with the Axe tries at least to change the spring when using the Eigenbolt even though the guy who developed it specifically said over and over that the gun works best with the stock spring.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:47 AM #4
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Going to a lighter spring is "robbing Peter to pay Paul" - your bolt returns more softly, but it can slam forward harder. Because the Eigenbolt spacer forms an air cushion on return that is miles better than hitting into an o-ring, it's better to keep the pressure on the return stroke. Helps with ROF as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM #5
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I tried the RED Boss spring and got stick and the stock one seems to work well. Also the sound is very low.

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:53 PM #6
sirshan

Yeah, I was curious probably like most folks that try it. Definitely perfect with the stock spring.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 PM #7
dusterbuster3

well i just tuned my bolt using the tuning guide in the empire mini stickys and now my lurker bolted axe shoots lasers and my deadly winds fibur w/ freak kit is so quiet its scary god help whoever gets infront of me thank you lurker the only other thing i need to complete my ultimate axe (chainsaw) is the skills to wield such an amazing gun! lol

so i sugest using that to tune your lurker

basically
you turn the back cap out flush with the back

then you turn your dwell all the way up

then lower psi until the bolt stops working correctly or you go below your field limit fps

then lower dwell 1 ms at a time until you see a drop off in fps raise it back up one fps and test to make sure its working properly

and your done

these settings are for lowest kick and will affect efficency
dusterbuster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM #8
shanipqman

I bought a used axe from someone and they had the lurker bolt on it and I couldn't figure out why I was breaking paint all day....compared it to my son's who also has a lurker bolt and noticed that his had the stock spring while mine had a softer aftermarket. Switched the two and my accuracy and no breaking paint issues were fixed. My only complaint with the spacer is when it comes off when cleaning it.
shanipqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM #9
shanipqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterbuster3 View Post
well i just tuned my bolt using the tuning guide in the empire mini stickys and now my lurker bolted axe shoots lasers and my deadly winds fibur w/ freak kit is so quiet its scary god help whoever gets infront of me thank you lurker the only other thing i need to complete my ultimate axe (chainsaw) is the skills to wield such an amazing gun! lol

so i sugest using that to tune your lurker

basically
you turn the back cap out flush with the back

then you turn your dwell all the way up

then lower psi until the bolt stops working correctly or you go below your field limit fps

then lower dwell 1 ms at a time until you see a drop off in fps raise it back up one fps and test to make sure its working properly

and your done

these settings are for lowest kick and will affect efficency
So what is the net difference between adjusting your velocity from the back, or from the pressure? Is there a difference or is it 6 of one half dozen of the other?
shanipqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:03 PM #10
sirshan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanipqman View Post
I bought a used axe from someone and they had the lurker bolt on it and I couldn't figure out why I was breaking paint all day....compared it to my son's who also has a lurker bolt and noticed that his had the stock spring while mine had a softer aftermarket. Switched the two and my accuracy and no breaking paint issues were fixed. My only complaint with the spacer is when it comes off when cleaning it.
Stock spring for sure...the softer spring probably wasnt moving the bolt back enough and was probably chopping balls.

As far as the spacer thing, it should be fairly snug (but not feel stuck). Should come off with easy force, but not enough to just slide off. On mine, I removed any grease from the oring that sits beneath the spacer part and or, use the proper sized oring under there. Its been a while since I installed my Lurker, but it might have come with a different size oring so the spacer remains a little bit tighter to prevent it from sliding around.