Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2012, 02:07 PM #22
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Hmmmmmmm................. Like the brainstorming. Well, I'm Mr. Low Budget. Dumpster Diving is my other hobby. Lean towards cheap but works which really slows down the R&D.

So far, a cell phone for audio transmission. Designed for low power consumption when transmitting. Small and compact with accessory battery packs.

I bought a set of directional headphones with boom mikes and amplification for deer hunting. Squirrels sound like elephants. Had fun showing it to another guy at work. Went into the hallway and caught the office secretarys gossiping about someone else from 80 feet away. One swore the other to secrecy and spilled the gossip. Couldn't resist mentioning to the secretary that was sworn to secrecy that the person of interests is really really pissed about who ever is spreading gossip about her......

Anyway, it seems that if one could get a device within a 100 ft or so using a directional mike and amp could have some success. Either plant it with a large enough battery pack and leave or just relay intell to HQ. I personally leans towards planting it, then doing a suicide satchel bombing of HQ.

Years ago I played a game that had a team of 20+ players that did nothing but intel and counter intel. Players/12 year old kids - some without markers in full ghillies just assiged to an area to radio back troop movements. They had the spies, of course. Most importantly, they had the Death Squads that recruited the tournamet players that just wanted to shoot stuff rather than go on team missions. By 2 pm the first day we were intercepting missions and the Death Squads were waiting in ambush at the objectives. They COST the other team more points than OUR team earned. Their commander was at HQ with a field map the General and Xo could refer to.

A very lopsided victory for us and the Producer, field owner, and other team had NO CLUE and probably wouldn't care that they even existed or what they were doing. I became aware of it by a fluke and was sworn to secrecy. That experience is what inspired me to think along these lines. I'm horizontally challenged anyway and lying around for hours has some appeal when I can't run and gun anymore.

I'm drawing Social Security and ain't getting any younger. My walking tanks days are limited. Just wears me out being a grunt. But for now, I'm in denial having just passed my stress test.....

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote