Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM #1
Baccummba

9.1 Air Question

I have a T9.1 that was recently serviced by Tiberius and I'm looking to get a Ninja or Myth 13cu 3000psi regulator for my tank. The only upgrade I have is the 16in FSR .683 rifled barrel. I only intend to use FS rounds with this marker/setup

My questions:
Which regulator should I get(looking for consistency here)?
What are everyone elses shot FPS consistency looking like?
What are some upgrades I can get to increase consistency?
Should I use lube or gun oil(list brands please)?
A little off topic but what would every recommend for cleaning the FSR rifled barrel(list brands please)?

Also I'm looking to get about 3 more mags so if anyone has any or knows where I can get some feel free to PM me.
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2011, 01:52 PM #2
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Some people have shown the Ninja Regs to be more consistent than the Myth regs. The Myth regs are nice for the Tibs just because they are physically shorter so give you a wider range of adjustment if using the tank in stock combo. Personally, I prefer the pressure adjustable Ninja to offer the best from a performance perspective.

Someone testing Rifled barrel consistency found that the super high pressure output Ninja reg gives a more consistent shot with the rifled barrel (More info can be found on MCB). We've also found anecdotal evidence that lowering the input pressure slightly (from 800psi down to 600psi) causes an improvement in consistency with the rifled barrel. What I've gleaned from both of these tests is that the internal marker regulator has ranges that work better than others for consistency. You may need to experiment with the ninja tank pressures till you find which works best for you.

For upgrades, there really isn't a whole lot to change with the internals for Tiberius markers. About the only thing you can do is polish the bolt and power tube (or send it off to someone to do).

As to the barrel cleaning, I just run hot water, then a fluffy squeegee or shotgun barrel cleaner through it to remove the residue left by first strikes. The residue starts to build up and needs a cleaning after 50-100 shots. I know some prefer cleaner solutions, I'll let them chime in with brands.

Eclipse Drops or Gold Cup Oil for oil.

If you prefer lube the only one "ok" by Tiberius is Tech T Lube and only if running compressed air. Oil seems the preferred, but if you have to use lube I thought I'd mention it.

There are a number of online vendors that sell the mags for $29.99
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:55 PM #3
Baccummba

Awesome, great info there. Also I have been experiencing and air issue with my t9.1. I was at the shop getting an oring replaced on a tank and we(me and shop owner) went to dry fire without a barrel in and we immediately experienced an air leak. I've taken the gun apart, reset the bolt and the problem persists. The tiny tiny o-ring located between the asa and the gun is present. I've tried dry firing with the barrel in while the gun was leaking to attempt to reset the bolt with no luck.
I'm really NOT wanting to send it off to tiberius just because I don't to have to wait a week to get it back. Any pointers, diagnosis, suggestions?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 PM #4
mherboth
Mherboth

mherboth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mherboth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mherboth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
where is the leak
mherboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM #5
Baccummba

The air leak is by the asa. Like I said earlier, I was not experiencing this issue before I accidentally screwed the tank in without the barrel in.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:14 PM #6
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
The air leak is by the asa. Like I said earlier, I was not experiencing this issue before I accidentally screwed the tank in without the barrel in.
are you using a tank directly screwed in, remote line adapter, or 12g? make sure the on off asa is screwed off all the way. also, take it apart up to removing the bolt (you dont need to do anything with the trigger/reg block one you take it off) and make sure all the o rings are in tact and lubed
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote